Hello, love DMFA, new to the forums

Started by Azexu, April 13, 2010, 06:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azexu

Hello; I've been reading DMFA for a couple of years and have finally decided to start visiting the forum for some comic-by-comic over-analysis. So I'm making this intro post to say "hi" and make sure the avatar and sig and such are working as intended. Speaking of which, my thanks to Mao Laoren, Tytaj, Keaton the Black Jackal, danman, et al in the CMF Userbars and Userboxes thread; those delightful "fan" bars definitely tipped the scales for me to join the forum.

I have consistently enjoyed DMFA. The art is great and I like the balance Amber strikes between zaniness and seriousness and between cuteness and sexiness (in each case, weighted more toward the former but with enough of the latter to keep it interesting). The good production quality (at least nowadays :-p) and especially the regular updating (really: thank you, Amber) are also appreciated.

VAE

Welcome here, have fun, do not neglect your work/study too much because of this comic and forum... and have fun again.

Also, this seems to be one of the rare times someone mentions me by name and it is a laudation :D
The only real problem with fan bars is one has never enough space to put all in ...
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.  Don't forget to read the rules.  Other than that, have fun and enjoy your stay.

Quote from: danman on April 13, 2010, 06:33:52 AM
The only real problem with fan bars is one has never enough space to put all in ...
So true.  I had to resort to double-stacking them...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Quote from: Azexu on April 13, 2010, 06:06:19 AM
.. Speaking of which, my thanks to Mao Laoren, Tytaj, Keaton the Black Jackal, danman, et al in the CMF Userbars and Userboxes thread; those delightful "fan" bars definitely tipped the scales for me to join the forum.

Glad you like them.  Feel free to contribute to them as well.  Even if it's just a picture that you'd like to see turned into one. :)

Anyway, welcome aboard.  You should check out the other comics that call this forum their home as well.  There are subforums for them and trust me, they're all worth checking out.  Beyond that:  Read the rules, love the mods (which means knowing who they are), make some friends and try to have fun.

Azexu

Thanks  ^_^ And yes, I read the rules, I even read the shpiel I had to agree to to register. Don't worry, I know how to behave myself  :sheep O:) :sheep

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 13, 2010, 07:33:18 AM
Glad you like them.  Feel free to contribute to them as well.  Even if it's just a picture that you'd like to see turned into one. :)

*glee* I'll get right on that  :3

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 13, 2010, 07:33:18 AMlove the mods (which means knowing who they are)

Good point. Do they have labels or differently-colored names or something, or are they sneaky?  :mowninja

Mao

They do have different labels, but were I you, I'd look at the list in the rules. ;)

Azexu

Oops, I see now why I was told to read the rules, twice...

V.A.1: Please, do not title your introduction topic "Hi", "Hello", "Word," or any one word greeting.

:neko Does : ) count as a word? No?  :<

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 13, 2010, 09:22:33 AM
They do have different labels, but were I you, I'd look at the list in the rules. ;)

k, found 'em. Initiating love-emotions, as advised.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Azexu on April 13, 2010, 09:18:18 AM
Thanks  ^_^ And yes, I read the rules, I even read the shpiel I had to agree to to register. Don't worry, I know how to behave myself  :sheep O:) :sheep

Wow. I think that makes you the first, other than the poor bastard who wrote it. Not to mention almost unique, in that you actually read the rules...

... Did you find the shpiel comprehensible?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Azexu

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 13, 2010, 09:48:07 AM... Did you find the shpiel comprehensible?

Sure. It was like "yatta yatta... ...first born son... ...blah blah... ...immortal soul... ...etc. etc. etc."

Pretty standard.

Darkmoon

I've been reading DMFA for a couple of years...

What's this "DMFA" I keep hearing about? Is it some kind of doctorate?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Azexu

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on April 13, 2010, 10:55:23 AMWhat's this "DMFA" I keep hearing about? Is it some kind of doctorate?

Doctorate of Maniacally Frivolous Activity, I believe  :bunny

unrelated edit (so as not to double-post): It seems my little avatar has slipped away. Since so many mods (each of whom I love personally, of course) have been kind enough to light in my thread, perhaps one of them would be able and willing to tell me why, and what I can do to remedy the situation?

Suwako

<snip>  Speaking of which, my thanks to Mao Laoren, Tytaj, Keaton the Black Jackal, danman, et al in the CMF Userbars and Userboxes thread; those delightful "fan" bars definitely tipped the scales for me to join the forum.

No problem :3 Welcome to the forum  :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Azexu on April 13, 2010, 11:16:46 AM
unrelated edit (so as not to double-post): It seems my little avatar has slipped away. Since so many mods (each of whom I love personally, of course) have been kind enough to light in my thread, perhaps one of them would be able and willing to tell me why, and what I can do to remedy the situation?

It's small enough to work, offhand I'm not sure why it isn't working.
My guess would be that it's because you're linking to it from someone else's site and they've done something to prevent that.  Try uploading it to photobucket or something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Azexu

Quote from: Tytaj on April 13, 2010, 11:40:08 AMNo problem :3 Welcome to the forum  :)

It's certainly been fun so far :D

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2010, 11:50:08 AM
It's small enough to work, offhand I'm not sure why it isn't working.
My guess would be that it's because you're linking to it from someone else's site and they've done something to prevent that.  Try uploading it to photobucket or something.

Thank you, kind sir.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Azexu on April 13, 2010, 09:54:22 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 13, 2010, 09:48:07 AM... Did you find the shpiel comprehensible?

Sure. It was like "yatta yatta... ...first born son... ...blah blah... ...immortal soul... ...etc. etc. etc."

Pretty standard.

Good, I don't have to go re-write it, then.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lysander

Welcome, Azexu. Already seem to be doing well here in this interesting place.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Brownie

Welcome to the CMF. It can be lots of fun here and sometimes not.
Actually I can tahnk the CMF for numerous things that it brought to light I would not otherwise have known about (Most notably Achron).
Enjoy! Also that 500 character limit on the sigs gets annoying (Goes off cursing Imageshack)
And I Love the avatar. I did a project at school one time that incorporated that. Escher's a great artist.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Brownie on April 14, 2010, 02:31:37 AM
Actually I can thank the CMF for numerous things that it brought to light I would not otherwise have known about (Most notably Achron).
Achron? The "meta-time strategy game" that's being developed? Where the heck was that mentioned around here?  :erk

In fact, I just did a search of the entire forum... not mentioned anywhere but here... o_0

Brownie

That's odd..You must have a glitch then.
BINGO! I findsded it! It doesn't once mention the name "Achron" in the first post. It's just a youtube link. Like I said, most notably to thank the CMF For: Achron. Specifically, Malakin.

techmaster-glitch

Aha... it's the "Time Travel +RTS" thread, but never mentioned by name. Funnily enough, this is how I learned about it, too. xD

liari

'Lo, and welcome!  I'm new here myself and have apparently already caused enough trouble to land me in court, so I hope you do much better.  You seem to be starting off on the right foot, at least!  Enjoy the antics and the analysis.