Potential Couples?

Started by SCKnight14, April 12, 2010, 01:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCKnight14

I have noticed that there are several potential couples being established in the comic, and I was wondering what the rest of the readers think about them.  Please note, when it comes to relationships, I can be completely off target, which is ironic, considering I was a sharpshooter in JROTC in high school for four years.

1) Abel and Genesis: Okay this one may or may not be compeletely accurate (I doubt it is accurate, but then again, Amber is known for throwing curved balls our way ;) ).  For some reason, one that I can't explain, these two seem...perfect for one another.  They both wine, bicker with people, throw temper tantrums, and even throw up on people.  Still, I can't see how these two were made for one another; it just feels like they were meant for one another.

2) Alexsi and Pyroduck: Ah, the starcrossed lovers.  Starcrossed as in that Alexsi's mom hates dragons and is planning on killing all dragons.  You can imagine the steam coming out of her ears when she finds out.  Of course, Pyroduck's mom is a certain pink poodle cubi who Destania wouldn't dream of angering, so we can assume that Pyroduck is safe for the time being.  These two are madly in love with another, so much that they are constantly flirting with one another.

3) Dan and Matilda: Speaking of flirting, these two are flirting with one another so much, it's both funny and adorable at the same time!  Dan appears to be falling in love with Matilda, and she is falling for him.  Hopefully, Amber will continue to let these two's relationship to grow strong with time.

4) Jyrass and Devin: Okay, where did I come up with this one!?!?!?   :erk  Seriously, my mind must have been either asleep or in the gutter, or more likely both.

Now y'all tell me what you think.

Okay, now, I'm going to bed now.  Goodnight y'all!  Tune in next time where we'll hear the crusty old dating counselor say, "Hey big man let me have a dollar!"

Drayco84

I... Think you're about to get shot... By a ton of other forum goers... And maybe by Amber herself... But before you do, I just wanna say...

JYRRAS AND WILDY 4EVAH!

*Runs like hell.*

Shachza

You forgot two of the oldest couples in the series:

Azlan and Neni
Griffon and Robogriffon

:mwaha

Sneaky Edit - and we can't forget our newest potential couple: :erk    <-- clickyface
            <-- #1 that is!

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 12, 2010, 03:16:53 AM
I... Think you're about to get shot... By a ton of other forum goers... And maybe by Amber herself... But before you do, I just wanna say...

JYRRAS AND WILDY 4EVAH!

*Runs like hell.*
Jyrras and Wildy will rule the world.  If Wildy even finds out about those toys of his..  Yes, Wildy loves Jyrras enough to want him happy, even if it is with another male.

But Aaryanna and Abel would be a lovely couple IF Dad wasn't alive.  I think Abel is the way he is because his Dad is still out there.  among others things.

\PBH

Scow2

You can't pair Dan with any individual person... Yes, MatilDan is currently the strongest, but Wildy-Dan has the strongest physical evidence so far (THAT'S NOT A CLAN SYMBOL!), while there have also been the unrequitted Dan/Jyrras, and likewise Kriadan.

But, as far as pairings go... I want Genesis/Merlitz. I want to see the fiery tigercheetah again. After playing with the character he's based on in Furcadia... I see Merlitz-on-a-bus as wasted potential. While I know FurcMerlitz isnt DMFAMerlitz, I'm wondering if the latter has (hitherto-unrevealed) demonic heritage like the former.

There used to be Merlitz/Mab, but that's not been seen since Dan and Mab's Furcadian Adventures...

Jyrras is going to get hooked with Abel... They're already a couple, the latter just doesn't know it yet.

SCKnight14

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 12, 2010, 03:16:53 AM

JYRRAS AND WILDY 4EVAH!

*Runs like hell.*

Most people usually hit me with kitchen sinks.  I still keep thinking that Abel and Genesis are perfect for each other, and I still can't figure out why.  Any help?

Jairus

Quote from: Scow2 on April 12, 2010, 09:10:41 AM
You can't pair Dan with any individual person... Yes, MatilDan is currently the strongest, but Wildy-Dan has the strongest physical evidence so far (THAT'S NOT A CLAN SYMBOL!), while there have also been the unrequitted Dan/Jyrras, and likewise Kriadan.
Hm... KriaDan just aint happening, Dan/Jyrras is a dead end and shot down by the two of them, I don't think Dan likes Wildy in that way, and MatilDan is just too cute. So, yeah, there's something there between a few of them, but I think Matilda is the only one with a chance.

QuoteJyrras is going to get hooked with Abel... They're already a couple, the latter just doesn't know it yet.
I'll have to disagree there. Yeah, they're a cute couple, and I'd love to see them as a couple, but at the same time it isn't a guarantee yet. Abel might genuinely only want a friend and not a boyfriend, and as hard as that would be for Jyrras (and the fans) I can see him accepting Abel's decision. He was very mature over the whole Dan thing, and I can see him doing the same for Abel if it happens, taking the friendship over the more intimate relationship. Yeah, he'd be sad, but I think he'd be okay. Then again, we just don't know, unfortunately. Curse you Amber!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

MelSkunk

QuoteJyrras is going to get hooked with Abel... They're already a couple, the latter just doesn't know it yet.
I'll have to disagree there. Yeah, they're a cute couple, and I'd love to see them as a couple, but at the same time it isn't a guarantee yet. Abel might genuinely only want a friend and not a boyfriend, and as hard as that would be for Jyrras (and the fans) I can see him accepting Abel's decision. He was very mature over the whole Dan thing, and I can see him doing the same for Abel if it happens, taking the friendship over the more intimate relationship. Yeah, he'd be sad, but I think he'd be okay. Then again, we just don't know, unfortunately. Curse you Amber!
[/quote]

Yeah, as much as I have that couple in my profile, I think this is likely to happen. Remember this is a world where people can and do meet new characters. There's a good chance Jy-jy might meet Mr. Right some point in the future and then we'll be wondering why we were shoving Abel and him together.

Mao

Another thing to keep in mind:  Some of the people who used to control these characters may not be comfortable with these pairings.

Garsemor

I can see Matilda and Dan as well as Abel and Genisis to make a cute couple.
However whit the latest comic my head has not stopped pairing up Abel and Aary and I have been tempted to make a "ship" banner of it.
*hides in trench to avoid gunfire*

Maark30

Of course we must not forget that the 'Able's Story' arc is over 350 years ago.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

VAE

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 12, 2010, 01:00:22 PM
Another thing to keep in mind:  Some of the people who used to control these characters may not be comfortable with these pairings.

Did that ever stop rabid fans? Or perverts?
(certain hilarious reading of a bad fanfic leaps to mind)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Suwako

Quote from: danman on April 12, 2010, 01:20:01 PM

Oh god, that just screams rule 34.

Drayco84

Quote from: Tytaj on April 12, 2010, 01:31:06 PM
Quote from: danman on April 12, 2010, 01:20:01 PM

Oh god, that just screams rule 34.
Just where can I find this... "Fanfic"?

VAE

Here
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,2657.0.html
Do not pass out a kidney while laughing on the comments she inserts!
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Hanii Puppy

Quote from: danman on April 12, 2010, 02:05:30 PM
Here

Why have I never come across that before xD

I was listening to it and was half-way trapped between "xD I have to keep listening to this" and "NEED BRAINBLEACH. NAO".

Shachza

Here

It's like Pr0n n' Popcorn night!  Pr0n by itself is one thing, but throw a couple of friends on the couch and add some popcorn to munch on and suddenly it's the funniest thing in the world.

I wonder if I can hire icarus to do the commentary the next time my friends and I do that.
            <-- #1 that is!

Drayco84

Here
I almost started crying because I was laughing so hard at the in-thread comments... I'll have to check out the voiced versions later... Much, much later...

VAE

The voiced version is awesome! it is not too long  and the comments are funny! i cannot really mention them here though ,,,,
Saphroneth

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mao

SCKnight14

I noticed that the moderators moved the topic. Sorry about posting it in the wrong place.

I'm surprised that no one has tossed a kitchen sink at me yet.  Can you imagine Abel and genesis dating!?

Darkmoon

Oh, you technically posted it in the right place. This thread just sucks.

SCKnight14

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on April 12, 2010, 05:27:48 PM
Oh, you technically posted it in the right place. This thread just sucks.

Huh?  The thread's title was that bad?
Lorenda would be perfect paired with an angel just to spite her mother.  Yes I am evil I know.  Out of all the possible couples, Dan and Matilda are the most loved and liked ones, and my personal favorite.  :)

Now, Abel and Genesis, for reasons I cannot explain (I'm still waiting for y'all's explanations), are another good pairing.

Mao

It's a lame topic of conversation.  It has nothing to do with title.  Mods looked at the content, thought it sucked and blam!  Welcome to the Mine:  Where all the bad threads go to be mocked.

Darkmoon

Precisely. Gold Star to Mao for correctness.

And then two demerits... because I can.

SCKnight14

Okay, back to the topic.

Has anyone seen anything that might indicate Abel and genesis would date each other?!!?  I am baffled to how a relationship between the two might work out.  Anyone want to give a shot?

Mao

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on April 12, 2010, 08:05:28 PM
Precisely. Gold Star to Mao for correctness.

And then two demerits... because I can.

Woo!  5 more demerits and I get the punishment right?  \o/

Quote from: SCKnight14 on April 12, 2010, 08:51:12 PM
Okay, back to the topic.

Has anyone seen anything that might indicate Abel and genesis would date each other?!!?  I am baffled to how a relationship between the two might work out.  Anyone want to give a shot?

Hmm, you're not quite getting it.  Threads come here to be mocked and then die my friend.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 12, 2010, 09:45:45 PM
Woo!  5 more demerits and I get the punishment right?  \o/

Why is it I get the feeling "the punishment" isn't a time out standing in the corner?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Mao

Because we are in the Clockwork Mansion equivalent of Hell?  Standing in the corner would only be a good punishment if you were either being flogged while doing it or you were chained there just out of reach of something you really desired.

...Not that I've given this sort of thing much thought.