04/12/10 [AS2#97] -

Started by Teroniss, April 12, 2010, 12:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

Ahh, now we see the source of all Aary-kitty's frustration. It isn't that she hates Abel, its that she hates the fact he plays so hard to get.  :3

Jairus

*sporfle* BWAHAHAHAHAA!!! I literally burst out laughing over here. And you know what, something tells me, given what we know about Abel in the present, is that she never got to find out where those last three permanent spots are. Ho boy, Aary, that's like Sisyphus trying to get his huge rock up the hill: it just isn't going to work.

Also, Mink saying something like that... too freaking cute and funny.

EDIT: I also like how Mink and Aary's hands basically swapped positions with each other between the last two panels.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I'm actually grateful that he's not interested, we all know that it would in a fiasco anyways.  :P

Besides, Aary probably just wants to get into his pants, just because he looks like he's from Quoar Clan; and we know how coveted they are. She just want a notch on her belt......or lack thereof.....  :3

Quote from: Jairus on April 12, 2010, 12:46:20 AM
Also, Mink saying something like that... too freaking cute and funny.

I second that! XD

ooklah

HAHAHAHAHA I THOUGHT SO!!!

I wish i had said something when she was ranting so hard at him a page or two back.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

MelSkunk

:U
What?!
:U

Srsly, I'm.. I'm amazed. Though i assume this is not a "Sexual tension is why we fight" thing as much of a "Why to I want to get with the guy who I hate every aspect of his personality?!"

D'ymkarra

Mel....how many times have you seen two people who absolutely loathe one another fall madly in love? All I gotta say is....NEVER saw that one coming  :erk  I DO wonder now though, does Abel know this?

And Minkeh talking smexy = a whole new kind of win  :mowhappy
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Anri

Mink wins. Flawless victory.

Ghostwish

I love how so many here claimed to have seen it coming...

... but I'm the only one who called it while they were busy debating who was right or wrong.

However, I am disappointed in the lack of shat bricks. Oh well, better luck next time. Guess I better heat up some popcorn in the meantime. Who knows what's coming next?

Les

Outside the OMG factor of Arry's unrequited crush being revealed, I wonder.. based on Arry describing her feelings and how they spike so horribly whenever she's around able I wonder, is that purely Belligerent Sexual Tension.. or is it Abel using his skills as an emotion-jammer?

If so, could it be that Mink is just so adoribawesome that Abel just can't bare to send, "I'm a Bastard, I'm a Bastard, Piss-Off, I'm a Bastard..." waves at the Squiggly?
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

liari

Ahahaa, best retort ever Mink!  You get a cookie!  :mowcookie

In any event, I am tremendously amused.  Yay Mink and sexual frustration!

Demont

This page hit me like a bus I never thought she was to have sex with Abel cause I though she hated him because of his dad.  :giggle

Kuari

:erk MEEP!!!  TON OF BRIIIIIICKS *smacked*

jeffh4

So. . . . does that mean that in Cubi society, tearing a boy's wing in half is considered. . . . foreplay?
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_595.php

:-)

Baal Hadad

A-HA!!!

FINALLY her actions make some kind of SENSE!

But good grief, I did NOT see that coming....  I wonder if Abel was similarly clueless--I'd hate to be him there (well, not just THERE, obviously, but we're talking about this particular update here)....

Tapewolf

Okay, now that was bloody funny.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madmann135

...After this page my wonders to why he is not interested are put to rest.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Drayco84

(O_o) ................................
Totally didn't see that coming...

Howl

An aspect of Mink has been uncovered.

That boy/girl is blunt.

Quote from: jeffh4 on April 12, 2010, 02:29:39 AM
So. . . . does that mean that in Cubi society, tearing a boy's wing in half is considered. . . . foreplay?

One would assume that she got over it.

Rambon

I thing that's more of the fact Abel De-dressed her at the time.

ooklah

Probably explains the so much hate when we see them here:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_584.php

Also, Because of Abel, I wonder how many other cubi have wanted to jump him over the years. Could be part of why he stays ambiguous and shuns the relationships... they are just out to get him.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Shachza

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on April 12, 2010, 12:50:09 AM
Besides, Aary probably just wants to get into his pants, just because he looks like he's from Quoar Clan; and we know how coveted they are. She just want a notch on her belt......or lack thereof.....  :3

A new slit in her dress?
            <-- #1 that is!

RandomMetaphysics

My reaction: :U
*Snrk* "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMIGOD!!"
*THUD*

Ok... that... that was funny. I felt something was coming that would blow us all out of the water.
But Amber did not just blow us out of the water. Amber nuked the freaking ocean :mwaha

Naldru

:-)

Two thoughts:

Opposites attract
You always hurt the one you love
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

MT Hazard

Another thought: Arry and Abel are too much alike, both are people with 'difficult' personalities that large amounts of people want to bed.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Les

This may be unexpected, but really.. is it all that surprising, considering the amount of sheer Lust that's been focused upon Abel pretty-much since his inception?

I still think Abel is emotion-jamming her into jerkassitude, just as part of his usual 'keep folks at a distance' schtick and is also unwittingly causing Aary to critical-fail her seduction rolls.   :giggle
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Prof B Hunnydew

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_585.php <--- This page gave Us a picture that They did "date" for a little while... at least a first disastrous date...  I wonder what happen...

PBH

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on April 12, 2010, 06:21:10 AM
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_585.php <--- This page gave Us a picture that They did "date" for a little while... at least a first disastrous date...  I wonder what happen...

.. That doesn't say they dated. It merely says Abel is a dick, and thinks that dating Aary is painful.

Note that I'm not saying he isn't right. He's just a dick about it. Which, of course, is just fine with me. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tangent

Okay. First? Loved the update, Amber. Please don't curl up in a little ball with what I'm about to say because it's not directed at you and you might misconstrue it.

*deep breath* I must say though that I find Aary's reason for having a hate-on for Abel to be rather disappointing and one-dimensional for her character. It reminds me of the earlier incarnation of Aary who never really grew as a character. While it does effectively link the two aspects of Aary together... and I understand the need for "The Funny" to be a part of the comic (not to mention the fact that AS has a lot less in the way of humorous moments)... I still find myself most disappointed in Aary and feel that it diminishes her as a result.

Oooh, look! Jackpot on Negative Points! =^-^=
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

SoWhatIfImFurry

GAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA~!!! Oh my Gods! I was seriously expecting some sort of really deep reason for why she hates him... and-*snrrk*BAAHAHAHAHAHAA~!! :mwaha

Mao

Quote from: Tangent on April 12, 2010, 06:30:48 AM
*deep breath* I must say though that I find Aary's reason for having a hate-on for Abel to be rather disappointing and one-dimensional for her character. It reminds me of the earlier incarnation of Aary who never really grew as a character. While it does effectively link the two aspects of Aary together... and I understand the need for "The Funny" to be a part of the comic (not to mention the fact that AS has a lot less in the way of humorous moments)... I still find myself most disappointed in Aary and feel that it diminishes her as a result.

Oooh, look! Jackpot on Negative Points! =^-^=

Oh god forbid she actually cares enough about him to want to see him succeed and do well and not be trapped in himself.

No!  NO I SAY!  It has to be some big, long, ass backwards convoluted plot where she's some sort of monster!

Because that isn't one dimensional and predictable either!

I guess people are too busy fapping to the idea of Aary being "Destania v 2.0:  The puppet edition" that they didn't think for a second that she could be just motivated by simple attraction.  A desire that led her to actually want to see Not-so-Abel get out of his whiny funk.

Quote from: Ghostwish on April 12, 2010, 01:09:41 AM
I love how so many here claimed to have seen it coming...
<snip>
... but I'm the only one who called it while they were busy debating who was right or wrong.

Uh no.  I pointed out that it was possible she cared for him too.