04/09/10 [DMFA#1102] - Big Couch = Bigger bed?

Started by The_one_who_is_odd, April 09, 2010, 01:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_one_who_is_odd

Whoa that has definitely gotta be the biggest couch I've ever seen

Demont

RandomMetaphysics

Well that was a nice surprise :boogie
Hehe. This makes me wonder where she even got a couch that big.
Also, Dan isn't alone. I too am curious about how big her bed is :mowdizzy  

InsanityRequiem

Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Prroul

You know, I just thought of something...

Miss Soulstealer is of the opinion that Dan is currently dating her daughter.

So what happens to Dan when she realizes that Dan is cheating on her?

Dun dun DUUUUUUUUN

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Prroul on April 09, 2010, 01:33:10 AM

Dun dun DUUUUUUUUN

Part of me says Kria would go berserk should the situation arise.
The other part of my brain is telling me that she'll say "Well... he is a Incubus."

InsanityRequiem

And a part of me thinks that when/if Kria finds out, she may go to Lorenda to see if she'll go 'demon/rage' on Dan, and learn the truth that it was a lie!
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Drayco84

For the couch... Well, she -is- a taur. It stands to reason that they'd need a lot of space for something like that. (Imagine Matilda lying down and sleeping... LOOOOOTS of space needed there...)

Dun dun DUUUUUUUUN
This could be one of three four possibilities...

One: {Normal logic} Kria goes into a rage about Dan cheating on her daughter.
Two: {Demon Logic} See above, then Kria adds that Dan would make an excellent son-in-law.
Three: {Kria Logic} Kria is surprised by Dan's behavior, then quickly concludes that Dan is a harem man, and then asks if he'd like an older woman for his 'collection'. (Three guess who she means, and the first two don't count!)
Four: {Amber Logic} Three words... Fnarfin'... COP... OUT...

EDIT: Oh yeah, Amber's Yawn Count went up by three! http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_765.php

Gamma

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on April 09, 2010, 01:54:51 AM
And a part of me thinks that when/if Kria finds out, she may go to Lorenda to see if she'll go 'demon/rage' on Dan, and learn the truth that it was a lie!
Pi is no lie on the day that pigs fly
Soaring so high in the nights sky
On a whim and prayer but never shall be there.

I really have no idea where that came from. :, My gosh an original idea from my head! Today Pigs do fly!
/retard

Any-Who, Matilda does look deviously cute in the last panel, it suits her. I much theorized that her needs for seating and the like would be most odd, forced to stand or lay down in most public places. I do wonder if her beneficiaries* make special accommodations for her if/when she visits?

*See her character profile, end of line two of the personality section.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Congo Jack

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 09, 2010, 01:38:03 AM
she'll say "Well... he is a Incubus."
And I HATE incubi. :)

Also, I have a thought that Matilda's bed may be the big red-hot frying pan. :erk

Jairus

Man, they're a cute couple. Also, I guess this shoots down the possibility of those two having done anything last night. And yes, that's a big couch. It reminds me of Austin Powers' rotating bed on his airplane.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Brownie

Most people's houses couldn't fit a couch that big. Lucky Matilda seems to be an exception to everything except lovable and awesome.

Jack McSlay

Thi biggest problem isn't if the couch fits in there, but how damn big is the doorway that made it possible to put that couch there.

Also, Dan's teeth!
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

MT Hazard

Having noticed that both Dan and Abel (two people who apparently need little sleep) have slept in till noon I have to wonder at any connection to the plan half the world will sleep though.

Quote from: Jack McSlay on April 09, 2010, 06:33:06 AM
Thi biggest problem isn't if the couch fits in there, but how damn big is the doorway that made it possible to put that couch there.

Also, Dan's teeth!

A wizard did it, a wizard who works for a moving company.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Jasonrevall

Dan's yawn is so cute. Those beautiful teeth with those cute closed kitty eyes.

Also about the dieing electronic pointing devices named after tiny pesky mammals. I myself have been getting bad mice recently. One of my newly acquired ones broke and my new one double clicks on its own. I'm guessing it's a world wide conspiracy so they can reveal the next line of electronic pointing devices and we all feel the need to buy them cause we hate mice now!

Just for those of you who are always serious, that was a joke.

Also purple round couch rocks.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Kuari

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 09, 2010, 02:10:31 AM
For the couch... Well, she -is- a taur. It stands to reason that they'd need a lot of space for something like that. (Imagine Matilda lying down and sleeping... LOOOOOTS of space needed there...)

Dun dun DUUUUUUUUN
This could be one of three four possibilities...

One: {Normal logic} Kria goes into a rage about Dan cheating on her daughter.
Two: {Demon Logic} See above, then Kria adds that Dan would make an excellent son-in-law.
Three: {Kria Logic} Kria is surprised by Dan's behavior, then quickly concludes that Dan is a harem man, and then asks if he'd like an older woman for his 'collection'. (Three guess who she means, and the first two don't count!)
Four: {Amber Logic} Three words... Fnarfin'... COP... OUT...

EDIT: Oh yeah, Amber's Yawn Count went up by three! http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_765.php

Do remember this is the person who ate her husband for cheating...  though he WAS a being...  hmm.

Timothy

Awesome faces today ... talk about a toothy grin Dan.   :)
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

AGE00

Quote from: Jack McSlay on April 09, 2010, 06:33:06 AM
The biggest problem isn't if the couch fits in there, but how damn big is the doorway that made it possible to put that couch there?

You could bring the parts in separately and assemble them in situ. That's how I got my current couch into my living room. Of course, my couch is an oversized, slippery piece of garbage, but that isn't pertinent.

Alondro

Dan has fangs!  He's a vampire! 

I guess this means he'll have to move to Oregon and be all moody and brooding all the time and sparkle in sunlight. 

I have mice die all the time.  Thousands of them.  I kill them... then take their bodies apart... for experiments...  I am filled with evil.   :kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Daymond42

The terrible part of my brain says, "Dan! Matilda! There's never a wrong time to check out the bed!" :D

... but that'd be bad of me to say that. *nods*

Hanii Puppy

Quote from: Alondro on April 09, 2010, 08:08:36 AM

So he's now a vampire-cubi with notions of being a ... being who kills demons, and someone who the undead think is an angel?

Headexplody :B :U

Pagan

Well. That subverted expectations. This coming from Amber, I am not surprised.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

A. Lurker

I'm honestly not too worried about Kria's reaction at the moment.

First, she'd have to find out about Dan's date with Matilda. She probably doesn't have some handy magical boyfriend alarm set to monitor Dan's slightest move, so she'll have to discover it just like everybody else.

Second, it's not necessarily a given that she fully believes the whole 'boyfriend' story in the first place. That 'revelation' was just a little bit too convenient, and Kria isn't stupid; but I wouldn't put it past her to run with it anyway just for a chance to stick one to Aliph. (The two may be family, but I did get the feeling that while they may go through the obligatory motions they don't necessarily like each other all that much.)

Third, given that Dan supposedly cheated on Lorenda, not her, Kria might well decide that her daughter should have dibs on revenge. Not that she wouldn't enthusiastically support it, but if she talks to Lorenda first instead of just running out to lop off Dan's head all by her lonesome, there's a fair chance that she'll find out that the two aren't actually an item.

And fourth...Dan is an Incubus. A young one, to be sure, but still. (I'm not sure right now whether Kria knows he's been to SAIA already, but I'm pretty sure she does remember that nasty bit of business involving Aniz, Abel, and Fa'lina.) And the 'hussy' he supposedly 'cheated' Kria's darling daughter with is herself a Mythos of a not-exactly-harmless type. If nothing else, that might give Mrs. Soulstealer a moment's pause.

Besides, there's a bright side to consider: if Dan isn't Lorenda's boyfriend after all, that means he's once again potentially available...  :mowwink

Tapewolf

Quote from: A. Lurker on April 09, 2010, 09:40:44 AM
Third, given that Dan supposedly cheated on Lorenda, not her, Kria might well decide that her daughter should have dibs on revenge.
Yes, that strikes me as very much the Demon Way.

QuoteAnd fourth...Dan is an Incubus. A young one, to be sure, but still. (I'm not sure right now whether Kria knows he's been to SAIA already, but I'm pretty sure she does remember that nasty bit of business involving Aniz, Abel, and Fa'lina.) And the 'hussy' he supposedly 'cheated' Kria's darling daughter with is herself a Mythos of a not-exactly-harmless type. If nothing else, that might give Mrs. Soulstealer a moment's pause.
'Cubi are usually weaker than Demons so I'm not sure she'd automatically think he's cool just because of that.  The fact that he's a Cyra 'Cubi would help, though.  However, if anything, I'd say it was his reputation for killing DP that would impress her.

And as Drayco implies, she might simply think it's part of the whole incubus seducer thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

I just love how Amber Likes to tease some of her fans.

Wait I sense a tremor in the fandom.

It is as though a million fan's cry out in anticipation only to be silenced by hard cold reality.

But at the very least she put in a good joke about the couch and the bed. ;)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Scrap Fish

[/scandal]

Quote from: Alondro on April 09, 2010, 08:08:36 AM

I guess this means he'll have to move to Oregon and be all moody and brooding all the time and sparkle in sunlight. 
Aaaahhhh! Noooo! *garlic stake burn behead*

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 09, 2010, 02:10:31 AM

That seems about right, considering Kira's past actions.
Also, that page was my first reaction upon seeing the caption.

Quote from: Congo Jack on April 09, 2010, 02:44:29 AM
Also, I have a thought that Matilda's bed may be the big red-hot frying pan. :erk
Actually... That's quite possible once I think about it.

So, Dan spent the night on the couch. Not that anyone else is going to think that when he gets back to the lake around five P.M.
Hmm... That's potentially awkward. Time for a spontaneous adventure!

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Drayco84

Quote from: Kuari on April 09, 2010, 07:31:46 AM
Do remember this is the person who ate her husband for cheating...  though he WAS a being...  hmm.
She was also pregnant at the time, and I hear all kinds of stories about how the smallest thing with make a pregnant woman explode into a violent, murderous rage. (Some of which have been told to me by my own mother, about when she was pregnant with me!) Plus, that was some-odd years ago. (And time changes things...) So, it's gonna be hard to tell with Kria.

Quote from: A. Lurker on April 09, 2010, 09:40:44 AM
I'm honestly not too worried about Kria's reaction at the moment.

First, she'd have to find out about Dan's date with Matilda. She probably doesn't have some handy magical boyfriend alarm set to monitor Dan's slightest move, so she'll have to discover it just like everybody else.
This is AMBER we're talking about. Since the results of this can ONLY end in a good punchline, it's not a matter of "If" but "When". MInd you, Abel could eventually begin a friendship with Lorenda with eventually becomes a romance. I'd better stop here as the Abel fanboys/girls are lighting their torches and sharpening their weapons of choice...

Traveller

Aaaaaawwwww!

Is that a gleeful comment on how cute it is?  Or a pouting comment at the dashed hopes that Dan's night had been as, um, cathartic as Alexsi's?  ...Not telling.   :mowninja

(Now I want to know what DID happen, though.  And maybe, just maybe, the rating is low enough that we get to find out!)

Scow2

Why the heck does everyone believe the cast defaults to promiscuity?

Or can I say "See, I told you so!" about it?

And... it seems Dan turned down any sexual advances Matilda may have made or hinted at... both acting entirely in-character.

jeffh4

It does make me wonder what Matilda and Dan did to end the evening while sharing a drink or two.

Tiddlywinks?