04/05/2010 [Clan Leaders #15] - Mink for Triwing!

Started by Shachza, April 05, 2010, 10:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 05, 2010, 11:46:13 PM
I feel bad for covering up some of the text.

The age Mink listed was "Not Telling" just in case you were wondering.

Okay everyone needs a Goal... Let's see

Affinity: Awesomeness.  (that is near to Pride, there somehow)
Clan Strength: 1 * (since he has not gain TRi-wing rank, yet)

Clan traits
I like Tentacles and that should be that

Status
That's Nag a trimph,  I'm making *****  ***** Progress or Is it greatness?

Well, GOOD LUCK with that, Mink.  We need you..

PBH

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on April 06, 2010, 11:04:24 AM
"So Mink, what do you want to be when you grow up? A clan leader eh? Well, you'd better get started consuming souls then!"  :)

Not to mention lots of "Mink Juniors".
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Psaakyrn

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 06, 2010, 12:06:33 PM
Quote from: Lone_Wolf on April 06, 2010, 11:04:24 AM
"So Mink, what do you want to be when you grow up? A clan leader eh? Well, you'd better get started consuming souls then!"  :)

Not to mention lots of "Mink Juniors".

That's only really necessary if you plan expansion...
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Mao

I'm not sure where I picked this up, but I'm pretty sure soul consumption isn't the only way to ascend to tri-wing status.  I also don't think it's necessary to be a tri-wing to found or lead a clan, but again, not sure where I picked up that impression.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 06, 2010, 12:11:16 PM
I'm not sure where I picked this up, but I'm pretty sure soul consumption isn't the only way to ascend to tri-wing status.  I also don't think it's necessary to be a tri-wing to found or lead a clan, but again, not sure where I picked up that impression.

Amber once said it was possible to create a clan without ascending, link should be in the wiki somewhere.  That's assuming that she hasn't changed her mind, of course.

My guess - and it is just a guess - would be that if you create a clan via ascension, you have a lot more control over the clan's traits than if you managed to branch off from an existing clan.

IIRC, ascending without soul-snatching was mentioned in the "Comic Time & Conservation of Energy" thread.  Again, things like that are subject to change - especially the numbers - but my impression was that souls were the quickest and easiest way to pull it off.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madd the Sane

Huh, so there's only 12 active clan leaders. That's not a lot :(  I wonder how many inactive clan leaders there are :3
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Sunblink

Mink's clan is the best clan ever. I would totally join Clan Mink.

Actually, in the clan status part of that faux-report paper, Mink was quoting Portal. Looks like he used the Internet as a source after all.

"This was a triumph. I'm making a note here - HUGE SUCCESS!!!"

Sleep now. :[

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 06, 2010, 01:03:13 PM

Actually, in the clan status part of that faux-report paper, Mink was quoting Portal. Looks like he used the Internet as a source after all.

His Quote just lets us know what he was really doing when he should have been writing his paper.  Thanks Keaton... I had trouble reading his chicken-scratch...there.

Portal   Weird psycho CPU game  I was scare to login at work for a week after that game
:mowcookie PBH

joshofspam

Of course. :)

Tentacles will always lead to SUCCESS!!! >:3

I have a feeling if Mink's clan ever comes to be that wether awesome is an emotion, might be the next big argument between cubi since the debates on wether pain is an emotion. :starwars
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on April 06, 2010, 02:13:15 PM
I have a feeling if Mink's clan ever comes to be that wether awesome is an emotion, might be the next big argument between cubi since the debates on wether pain is an emotion. :starwars

You can feel awesome, so I guess, kind of...

Hanii Puppy

No clan with an affinity for funny?

I r sad  :<

VAE

Quote from: Liatai on April 05, 2010, 11:13:41 PM
Pfft! Oh, Mink.  :lol

Try eucalyptus oil for sniffles, if you can find it. Put three to five drops on a cotton ball or a folded-up tissue, and put it in your pillowcase or next to your bed to help with nighttime sniffles. Works just like Vicks (eucalyptus oil is one of the components, after all), and it's cheap, too! You can also dab it on like a perfume for relief during the day, or keep a cotton ball with a few drops on it around. You don't need much; a drop or two will do you. (In fact, using too much can make you cough, since it slows mucus production and can dry out the back of your throat; it's potent stuff.)

Just take my advice and don't put any on your face, especially right after a shower. Like Drayco mentioned about VapoRub, it burns, but it's a cold burning feeling. I felt like I had an ice cube on my forehead all day...  :mowdizzy 

As for forehead and stuff i tend to use vietnamese lotion - it has camphor, eucalypt and mint stuff and is good for anything from breathing problems through acne to muscle pain and headache.
Best thing since slide rules were invented! (and cheap computers)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Morgan

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on April 06, 2010, 09:50:31 AM
That is so true Mao. A case of Cuteness Diabeetus... The worse ever. That's how Mink would rule the world.

I put in my vote for Cuteness Diabeetus! XD I am so ready.

Clan Mink for the win. *Gets a temporary smiley-face tattoo and pastes it on her butt like Mink's.* Clan strength is TWO!  :mowhappy

Caswin

Mink lives.

So much the better; he makes me laugh.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Arcblade

Quote from: Hanii Puppy on April 06, 2010, 02:20:15 PM

Confusion is often comical, in my opinion.  But that's just me.   :3

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: Arcblade on April 06, 2010, 04:00:21 PM

I second that...

Hanii Puppy

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on April 06, 2010, 05:19:06 PM
Quote from: Arcblade on April 06, 2010, 04:00:21 PM

I second that...

pain, hope, lust, pride (as aary proved earlier on in the comic) can also be funny, but those clans' affiliations aren't also humour 3:

Artanis

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 06, 2010, 02:18:06 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on April 06, 2010, 02:13:15 PM

You can feel awesome, so I guess, kind of...

Perhaps it's an affinity for people that are awesome.

Which means if a 'cubi of Clan Mink ever stumbled across a member of Team Dai-Gurren that 'cubi would rapidly become very powerful.

Azlan

Quote from: Artanis on April 06, 2010, 07:23:28 PM

So if Mink was to be tr-wingied... That means I make the perfect antithesis for Mink... anyone who wants an easy steal for tri-wing, lock us in a room together for a few hours.  Mink should be suitably pliable after that time.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Shachza

Quote from: Azlan on April 06, 2010, 07:49:03 PM
Quote from: Artanis on April 06, 2010, 07:23:28 PM

So if Mink was to be tr-wingied... That means I make the perfect antithesis for Mink... anyone who wants an easy steal for tri-wing, lock us in a room together for a few hours.  Mink should be suitably pliable after that time.

Adventurer Fey versus Cuddly Tri-wing?  It's a full-on battle of the oxymorons!

I don't know who to place my bets on...   :<
            <-- #1 that is!

joshofspam

I'm wondering if we'll be seeing more of Mink when Dan goes to school and if Abel, Mink, and Dan will go on an adventure to make Mink a tri-wing?

The Fellowship of the Mink anyone? ;)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anker Steadfast

Ah, so that's where it was from.
Thanks for the link too.

:)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

hartree

Shoes for industry!

Rambon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rambon on April 07, 2010, 06:43:59 AM
You have now just Reinfested an earworm i have just gotten rid of yesterday with that link... why is that song addictive?

... Because JoCo is very good at what he does.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

schitzree

I never saw a clan leader with the same symbol as Able. What  Clan is he?

Tapewolf

Quote from: schitzree on April 07, 2010, 12:14:21 PM
I never saw a clan leader with the same symbol as Able. What  Clan is he?

Siar, and the dragons ate her.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Ab_055.php

schitzree

Thanks for the link, Tapewolf. I was trying to find it and couldn't remember were Able's clan was mentioned.

I thought I remembered the clan being nearly wiped out, but had forgot Sair had been distroyed as well. I thought without a clan leader there wouldn't be a clan at all (and no more mark).

Tapewolf

Quote from: schitzree on April 07, 2010, 02:14:08 PM
I thought I remembered the clan being nearly wiped out, but had forgot Sair had been distroyed as well. I thought without a clan leader there wouldn't be a clan at all (and no more mark).

Not all clans have a tri-winged leader, in fact most of them don't since there are only 12.  Most of them (the tri-wings) were killed off, but losing a leader doesn't automatically wipe out the entire clan.
They will still have the clan mark, but they will lose the tentacle-heads which are only normally found on clans with a living, tri-winged leader (they can be faked though).
Clans who have a tri-winged leader are considerably more powerful - i.e. the individual members are more powerful - than clans who don't.

taltamir

clan mink FTW! Affinity of awesome indeed!