03/27/10 [Clan Leaders 12] - Hope springs eternal

Started by Jairus, March 26, 2010, 03:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekette

So are people forgetting this and this? >.>
To me, mostly a lurker, this screams Siar betrayed Fa'Lina.
...But I'm also awake at 5am, so I could be reading into it wrong.

VAE

Quote from: Nekette on March 26, 2010, 08:22:03 AM

That would make perfect sense then, she harboring them after most of their clan is dead, and immediately before (of course any treason had to happen before that) I thing as far as racial loyality goes , even Taun clan would not be for helping traitors
But i will excuse you as it is 5 am ::D
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

jeffh4

Quote from: Nekette on March 26, 2010, 08:22:03 AM
I'm guessing that Amber meant to say ". . . .lead to the betrayal BY one of her closest friends. . ."  rather than "OF." "OF" can be interpreted two ways while "BY" can only be interpreted one way.

We know that Hizell was one of Fa'Lina's friends before the war.
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1071.php

I think the betrayer is him and there is no third party that decided to betray her to Hizell. 

joshofspam

Well to me Fa'lina has always appeared either grandmotherly or motherly to other people.

This explains why she was pissed at Aniz when he killed that child and messed up both his son Abel and Abel's mom.

This also explains why she was so against Destania using little baby's in her class.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Jairus

Quote from: Turnsky on March 26, 2010, 05:33:15 AM
one does ponder about the potential power of....... SCIENCE, to bring a little hope to the clan o' hope.  >:3

(and off in the distance you can hear the crazed clattering of keys from many a fanfic writer)  :P
That's exactly the thought I had this morning. If Jyrras' technology can clone a Fae, I think that there's probably enough genetic material in an ascended Cubi to extrapolate something and come up with a child. A true child, not a clone, because then you might have problems. Then again, this plan would seem to require Jyrras surviving a long enough time to assist with the process, and I have this strange thought that the other half of the genetic material used to make Fa'Lina's child...
*has a brief mental image of a cubi Roo rat with breasts the size of Fa'Lina's*
@_@
Oh dear...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on March 26, 2010, 10:11:17 AM
That's exactly the thought I had this morning. If Jyrras' technology can clone a Fae, I think that there's probably enough genetic material in an ascended Cubi to extrapolate something and come up with a child.

That didn't exactly work out, though...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 26, 2010, 10:13:43 AM
Quote from: Jairus on March 26, 2010, 10:11:17 AM
That's exactly the thought I had this morning. If Jyrras' technology can clone a Fae, I think that there's probably enough genetic material in an ascended Cubi to extrapolate something and come up with a child.

That didn't exactly work out, though...
True, but the technology clearly exists and can do some really weird things with creatures that aren't exactly normal. Jy's technology seems able to handle non-muggle genetics quite well, and since that was a few years ago, I can only imagine that Jy could do more with it now. And he probably wouldn't be able to whip it up overnight.

Of course, there is one concern over this cloning technology: fanfic writers and the JyrBel pairing, since Amber's shot down Abel being able to shapeshift into a fully-functional woman. *ominous music plays*

Anker Steadfast

Yes, but then you could also have a look at the footnote of her page, it says you cannot convert other members into her clan without a non-tri-wing member there. Seems to me that Amber *really* doesn't want the Fa'Lina clan revived. And she's going trough hoops to keep it that way.

Apart from all that, she needs a hug!!!

*hug*
*hug*
*hug*

:hug

Maybe we could have Mink give Fa'Lina a hug ?
A wallpaper perhaps ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Jairus

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 26, 2010, 10:17:25 AM
Yes, but then you could also have a look at the footnote of her page, it says you cannot convert other members into her clan without a non-tri-wing member there. Seems to me that Amber *really* doesn't want the Fa'Lina clan revived. And she's going trough hoops to keep it that way.
Yeah, but I'm guessing that their ascended-ness isn't really a part of their genes, as it were. And it wouldn't be easy by any means, certainly. Actually, does their ascended status do anything funky to their genes? The infertileness can be explained away as part of the ascension, not really genetics: see Fullmetal Alchemist and the reason Izumi can no longer have children for a more extreme example.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Jairus on March 26, 2010, 10:22:08 AM
Yeah, but I'm guessing that their ascended-ness isn't really a part of their genes, as it were. And it wouldn't be easy by any means, certainly. Actually, does their ascended status do anything funky to their genes? The infertileness can be explained away as part of the ascension, not really genetics: see Fullmetal Alchemist and the reason Izumi can no longer have children for a more extreme example.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that they become partly uncorporeal - So I guess the cells wouldn't work like normal cells anymore, thus no genes.
Besides, that is entirely unimportant, the only thing that can make Fa'Lina have a baby again is the goddess of the DMFA universe.

Apart from that...

Fa'Lina can haz hug plz?  :hug

Jairus

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 26, 2010, 10:26:55 AM
Quote from: Jairus on March 26, 2010, 10:22:08 AM

I think it was mentioned somewhere that they become partly uncorporeal - So I guess the cells wouldn't work like normal cells anymore, thus no genes.
Besides, that is entirely unimportant, the only thing that can make Fa'Lina have a baby again is the goddess of the DMFA universe.

Apart from that...

Fa'Lina can haz hug plz?  :hug
Of course she can have a hug. *hugs Fa'Lina*

As for the noncorporeal aspect, I'd argue that the existence of Mows means that even Fae have something to work with, and Fae are f*cking-wacky-watchamacallits. But yeah, I guess it is Amber's call. Bummer. Can you just imagine Fa'Lina approaching Jy with the same expression on her face as she had while talking to Ducky? "Babies?"

VAE

This gives rise to the question, what exactly must one do to convert another clan member to own clan if in requires another member....
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Jairus on March 26, 2010, 10:28:54 AMCan you just imagine Fa'Lina approaching Jy with the same expression on her face as she had while talking to Ducky? "Babies?"

He's run away in terror. :D

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

A. Lurker

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 26, 2010, 06:04:44 AM
Interesting that Fa'lina doesn't think of 'hope' as peaceful behaviour...

Well, first of all, 'hope' is an emotion, not a behavior. ;)

And second, why would she? Hope encourages people to work towards making the world a better place rather than just sit in their rooms and mope, and it helps them keep going when the going gets tough. It's a great morale-booster...but particularly inclined towards peace and quiet it's not, I would think.

Shachza

Quote from: A. Lurker on March 26, 2010, 10:59:48 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on March 26, 2010, 06:04:44 AM
Interesting that Fa'lina doesn't think of 'hope' as peaceful behaviour...

Well, first of all, 'hope' is an emotion, not a behavior. ;)

And second, why would she? Hope encourages people to work towards making the world a better place rather than just sit in their rooms and mope, and it helps them keep going when the going gets tough. It's a great morale-booster...but particularly inclined towards peace and quiet it's not, I would think.

In the update after that one she did explain that she suckerwalloped Dan so that he would feel better with himself in the long run; directing his anger at her, rather than himself.  A net gain for good you think?
            <-- #1 that is!

Madd the Sane

:hug :hug :hug

Poor Fa'lina. She needs more hugs.

As far as trying to make a clone from Fa'lina: impossible. From one of her deceased children... >:3
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

joshofspam

Has anyone noticed how the Jin clan came fairly close to what happend to Fa'lina's clan?

One could think maybe the two clan's where fairly close to one another and Fa'lina's dragon friend didn't just stop with her family but continued with her Friends as well.

I wonder if it was common back in the day that Jin and Fa'lina clan members worked together in a hospital and other such settings.

Arcblade

It it just me, or are the specifically "good aligned" Cubi clan affinities (Hope, Joy) nearly wiped out?  I guess this is only two instances, which doesn't make a trend, but... eeesh.  

See also:  Fa'Lina(Hope)- 1: Seme(Despair): 133

Balades_Wife

I think it's been pointed out somewhere that the more negative/aggressive emotions tend to be more geared towards, well, stuff that involves not being terribly nice (and therefore, you're more likely to be adept at, in the very least, watching your own back, if not outright being able to remove someone's appendix while they watch), whereas the positive emotions aren't. Fear, Anger, Despair... those're pretty much abundant in war. Joy and Hope, not so much.

I mean, a clan focussed on fighting is gunna do better than a clan who spends all their time tending to sick people.
~K. *: )

VAE

Quote from: Arcblade on March 26, 2010, 12:21:15 PM
It it just me, or are the specifically "good aligned" Cubi clan affinities (Hope, Joy) nearly wiped out?  I guess this is only two instances, which doesn't make a trend, but... eeesh.  

See also:  Fa'Lina(Hope)- 1: Seme(Despair): 133

Well if Jin is  anything like Mink, no surprise ...
I think it is because the good ones, although still formidable in combat i guess tend to be much more trusting and so on - if you are used to treason and so, you expect it from those around you, while Fa'lina was trusting to a member of the enemy race which was less than clever in the end... but well, we all make mistakes, just that this one was specially costly.
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Quote from: Balades_Wife on March 26, 2010, 12:26:35 PM
I think it's been pointed out somewhere that the more negative/aggressive emotions tend to be more geared towards, well, stuff that involves not being terribly nice (and therefore, you're more likely to be adept at, in the very least, watching your own back, if not outright being able to remove someone's appendix while they watch), whereas the positive emotions aren't. Fear, Anger, Despair... those're pretty much abundant in war. Joy and Hope, not so much.

Maybe, but it seems like a lot of work in that case to go after all the positive Cubi.

When all your doing is letting the more aggressive ones know that your in neighborhood and busy taking out an entire clan.

It just seems more focused to positive cubi's in than just taking advantage of a particular clan's personality

Balades_Wife

There is something to be said about taking out the easy targets first.
~K.

Mao

Quote from: Balades_Wife on March 26, 2010, 12:45:03 PM
~K.

^This.  When your goal is total annihilation of a race, it stands to reason that the parts of the race that are peaceful in nature are going to fall first.  The ones that are more aggressive and used to fighting aren't likely going to fall as easily.

Balades_Wife

Yeah I was just about to add that. XD

I mean, even if they did just go willy nilly and not specifically target the peaceful clans first... well, see Mow's statement.

Feather Dancer

Or more, it's a good way of demoralising. The enemy clearly cares not who you are or what you do, you are to be made an example of. Mean how better to anger the others into possibly doing soemthing irrational and stupid?
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Drayco84

I agree with danman here. Why does one need a four-wing cubi to 'convert' another? I can understand it with adoption, since Amber explained that there's a "power" loss... So, a bit of clarification is needed. Thus, I shall capture Amber and make her spill it!

*Starts shuffling around in some tall grass... Mow, mow, mow, mow, Fluffy, mow, mow, mow, Fluffy again, mow, mow, mow, mow, mow, mow...*

A wild AMBER has appeared!
Drayco threw a Pokeball!
It doesn't effect wild AMBER...
Wild AMBER used Low Kick! (Ker-WHAM! Drayco's HP drops to 0.)
It's super effective!
Drayco has fainted!
Wild AMBER is stealing Drayco's wallet!
Wild AMBER ran!

*Closes eyes and waits for the real Amber to use Banhammer...*

joshofspam

Quote from: Balades_Wife on March 26, 2010, 12:45:03 PM
~K.

Very true.

I guess we'll just have to watch and see if it's a matter of convenience or something more sinister.

On another branch of the topic, does anyone think that Fa'lina might be born from one of the Three sisters of Light clan?

She does bear an awful amount of pink and white just like Jin's Clan leader.

Their completly fixed now. Hope the lord of boxes misses that little mess up.

VAE

Ehm,... Jin ascended 58 000 years ago - Fa'lina could not have been alive by then, yet
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Quote from: danman on March 26, 2010, 01:01:06 PM
Ehm,... Jin ascended 58 000 years ago - Fa'lina could not have been alive by then, yet

Sorry dan caught that one even before you could tell me.