03/23/10 [Clan Leaders #11] My, grandma, what big claws you have...

Started by Tezkat, March 23, 2010, 01:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Hand to hand combat mastery indeed... :dface

Why do they call them "The Shadow Clan", though? Are they ninjas of rage? :3

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Nino

Oh man, wish I knew about this character too weeks ago =p I ended up making my av character a mole because I wanted to do something other than a cat but I had a hard time envisioning what a mole furry would look like - I tried for an elongated snout, lack of ears, etc, but Amber did a much better job.

Of course, the claws seem a bit ridiculous - I wonder if they're shapeshifted? You wouldn't be able to write or hold things or anything with those things. They just seem overall quite cumbersome.

Love the design though - I wonder if she has being heritage? She's very natural colored aside from the green.

Jasonrevall

I think the claws and feet are fantastic. Imagine eating or picking stuff up with those hands. Probably takes some getting used to. I wonder if their eyes glow brighter the angrier they get.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tezkat

Well, moles do have big claws... If they're normal sized, she could always use shapeshifting or tendrils to write or hold things.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Psaakyrn

I wouldn't say rage... The clan sounds like it values efficiency vs brute strength, and though mentioning combat, I wouldn't be surprised if they are their best at ending battles before they even start.

Even though not mentioned outright, I would guess they're almost like an assassin's guild: Taun takes care of overt threats, Owona takes care of hidden ones...

Just two thoughts: Thus far we've seen only female clan-leaders, and none of the clan leaders have visible clan markings (as far as we can tell). Is it possible that the dragons targetted the male and more obvious targets first?

Quote from: Kattuccino on March 23, 2010, 01:47:53 AM
Oh man, wish I knew about this character too weeks ago =p I ended up making my av character a mole because I wanted to do something other than a cat but I had a hard time envisioning what a mole furry would look like - I tried for an elongated snout, lack of ears, etc, but Amber did a much better job.

If you are looking for references, http://www.brokenplotdevice.com/ also has a similarly anthropomorphic mole character
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I must say interesting clan symbol, it's a very unusual design.  :3

I wonder if their glowing eyes make it hard to sneak up on people in the dark.......

"My what nice eyes you have there...."
"DANGIT!!"
 D:<

Edit: Failed Joke........ :sweatdrop

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on March 23, 2010, 02:01:46 AM

I wonder if their glowing eyes make it hard to sneak up on people in the dark.......

"DANGIT!!"  D:<

Unlike clan symbols, Clan traits can be hidden by shapeshifting.

For reference:
Cyra clan trait: Green eyes: http://missmab.com/Demo/Leader10.php
Destania shifting back from disguise: blue to green eyes: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_873.php

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Psaakyrn on March 23, 2010, 02:03:21 AM

"DANGIT!!"
 D:<

Edit: Failed Joke........ :sweatdrop

For reference:
Destania shifting back from disguise: blue to green eyes: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_873.php

:sweatdrop I already knew that, I was making a joke that obviously failed...........Now if you excuse me, I will go hide my shame at such joke....  :baghead

Psaakyrn

Main problem with that joke is that the topic starter beat you to it.  :3

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Psaakyrn on March 23, 2010, 02:19:02 AM
Main problem with that joke is that the topic starter beat you to it.  :3

True, let's rub in my failure more........ :sweatdrop

From this point on no more humor from me....... *raises hand in pledge*

Although, I must say it's refreshing to see more unusual rarely seen animals. Epic win for the mole!  :mowhappy

ooklah

Quote from: Psaakyrn on March 23, 2010, 02:03:21 AM

"DANGIT!!"  D:<

For reference:

I never noticed the eyes shifting! .. Probably cause I never realized his eyes were blue in the first place.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Feather Dancer

Do need more moles, I always think of Bakuryu/Kenji (Who is incidently a ninja mole). I think she looks rather lovely myself.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Zedd

I never expect a mole be rageful but then again...If we all remember Sam & Max :B

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lego3400

On the topic of the rant, Dragon Age is a good game. I'd be playing it myself but my PS3 is currently off for repair (and by extension, broken)

VAE

The name is rather funny - Ovona used to be called a fruit drink (they do not produce it anymore)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: danman on March 23, 2010, 05:06:40 AM
The name is rather funny - Ovona used to be called a fruit drink (they do not produce it anymore)

Ovona?  :erk Are you sure you read it right or have your spelling right? Because I believe it said "Owona" on the Clan Leader page. Unless, you're referring to something completely different, then I apologize.  :3

VAE

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on March 23, 2010, 05:50:39 AM

Ovona?  :erk Are you sure you read it right or have your spelling right? Because I believe it said "Owona" on the Clan Leader page. Unless, you're referring to something completely different, then I apologize.  :3

But it still reads exactly the same, (and plenty of folk (like russians) would even transcribe it as the same thing)
That lends to an alternate motto for them - "We are not lemonade clan, we are spelled with W"
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: danman on March 23, 2010, 06:12:22 AM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on March 23, 2010, 05:50:39 AM

Ovona?  :erk Are you sure you read it right or have your spelling right? Because I believe it said "Owona" on the Clan Leader page. Unless, you're referring to something completely different, then I apologize.  :3

But it still reads exactly the same, (and plenty of folk (like russians) would even transcribe it as the same thing)
That lends to an alternate motto for them - "We are not lemonade clan, we are spelled with W"

Ah, I see.  :3

Mao

The shadier version of Taun.  I think these are the...*gasp* Ninja's and Thieves and Rogues of the cubi!

It was neat to see this one come about.  I'm really digging the eyes and the claws on this lady. :3

Definitely cute for a killer.

Keklily

Moew! I just thoughtof it but

Taun is the armoured warriors and Owona is the feral warriors or Barberian (( this be a stupid comparison to WoW or DnD))

Lucheek

I'm really loving the mole. Not only are giant claws just essentialy awesome, that nose is rockin' too. And the outfit. Dang, she just looks cool. ^_^

The clan marking is a bit diffrent. So far, the clan marking shapes have been pretty organic with curving lines and circle-shapes. This marking, with a very pointy triangle and straight box-shapes seems almost artificial. I wonder if there is anything to that.

Scow2

So... they are monks/Swordsages, as opposed to Taun's Fighters/Warblades? Or should I stop thinking in d20?

Scrap Fish

I'd think more along alignment-Lawful Taun vs. more Chaotic Owona... 'Course, that's speculative.

As another note, an army of Owona led by the more "tactical" Taun would be nasty to face.
Their specialization in shapeshifting would probably result in more than just the "stabby tentacles of doom..."
Woah, I suddenly imagined them fighting like the "Sandman." (The Spider-man villain.) That could be very bad very fast.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

joshofspam

I guess when they poke you in the chest to make a point it's something quite literally in this clan. :kruger

I wonder if they like to erk the Zazzuzza clan, considering they like keeping their clan so secretive?  :mowninja
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mao

I'm going to go on record and actually say that this one, so far, is my favorite Clan Leader.  Taun was cool.  Dimanika had some things that were awesome.  Kish'ta?  Definitely some things for me to love.

Owona?  <3

What?  I'm predictable in my likes.

Sunblink

Dare I suggest lesbian shenanigans between Taun and Owona?

Oh, I dare.

...omg I'm sorry it happened to Siar and Seme I couldn't get it out of my head. :c ANYWAY, Owona looks pretty darn cool. Amber draws moles extremely well. Big, beefy claws for the win - and semi-pacifistic clans for the win as well.

Them there eyes look great.

Shachza

I think it should be "Owona the Weird." after all, the first thing I thought of when I saw her was Dimanika.  I'm probably getting 5 negative marks for that one.
            <-- #1 that is!

Mao

Quote from: Shachza on March 23, 2010, 01:47:22 PM
I think it should be "Owona the Weird." after all, the first thing I thought of when I saw her was Dimanika.  I'm probably getting 5 negative marks for that one.

If only I could give multiple negatives.... -.-

(kidding, but I don't see what's so weird about her compared to the others)

Sunblink

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 23, 2010, 02:20:25 PM
(kidding, but I don't see what's so weird about her compared to the others)

The only thing I find weird about her is that she looks comparatively ordinary when you put her next to Kish'Ta or Jin or others, come to think of it.

With that in mind, at least Owona doesn't look like this.