03/18/10 [BT #164] - The Geezer and the Bard, Part 2

Started by Darkmoon, March 10, 2010, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Topless mermaids is good." - The Kid, in The Princess Bride.

I've often wondered, while we're on the subject, what exactly the point of a mermaid is. I mean, you can see they have breasts, but fishy other parts. Are sailors really that perverted that they'd prefer to boink a fish? Or is it just a case of any pork in a storm? And why breasts, since they're likely not going to be breastfeeding?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Why not breastfeeding? They still have mouths.

Plus, for the sailors... head?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, but having the fishy other parts suggests a lifecycle more likely to use eggs, and lots of them, per birth.

And... what's in it for the mermaid? At least some of the depictions I've heard about, they have sharp teeth; if that's the case, I wouldn't be putting anything of mine anywhere near that. Even for a titty-fuck...

A groper type would worse, I think - those things would suck it right off...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

There are some egg-laying mammals (platypus, echidna).

The more traditional mermaid storied didn't end so well for the sailors. In any case, the mermaids probably just want to have some fun.

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

Destina Faroda

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 10, 2010, 04:05:45 AM
"Topless mermaids is good." - The Kid, in The Princess Bride.

I've often wondered, while we're on the subject, what exactly the point of a mermaid is. I mean, you can see they have breasts, but fishy other parts. Are sailors really that perverted that they'd prefer to boink a fish? Or is it just a case of any pork in a storm? And why breasts, since they're likely not going to be breastfeeding?

Because fellatio is always better than standard intercourse, and leaves no chance for pregnancy.

Besides, would you rather want the other type of mermaid?  The one with the fish head and the womanly bottom?  I still have that image from the Super Mario Bros 3. cartoon.  It is not pretty.

Aside from, some mermaid tales have mermaids with a split tail for exactly that purpose.  More often than not, though, these turn out to be melusines.

Personally, I've always though mermaids were more like dolphins or other sea mammals that simply had external anatomical similarities to a fish due to convergent evolution.  But even if they do have fishy reproductive parts, there's always the mouth.  With a mouth, you don't need anything else.
Sig coming...whenever...