02/27/10 [DMFA #1092] Pip the psychiatrist

Started by Madd the Sane, February 27, 2010, 06:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I'm starting to wonder if Abel always gets stuck meeting the sarcastic individuals...........first Devin and now Pip.....  :P

And how did Pip know his last name?!  :erk
I'm looking forward to seeing Abel's reaction next!  :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 27, 2010, 11:46:19 AM
...I think I'm bitter he didn't get a nice night.

At least Dan seems to have, that makes a change.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Roach Lord

Sunblink

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 27, 2010, 11:46:19 AM...I think I'm bitter he didn't get a nice night.

I don't think Abel's had a nice night since he arrived, actually. Poor guy can't catch a break.

Baal Hadad

This is the first time, isn't it, that Abel's last name has been mentioned in the main DMFA comic?

And Pip's the one who says it--hmmmm....

Anker Steadfast

I'd have to side with the non-linear people here ... we really don't know how old Pip is in relative time, nor do we know *when* he has been.
After all, he travels with a Fae, for all we know he lives half his time 200 years into the future.

*shrug*

Amber has left enough strings to pull for herself, to make speculation completely inaccurate.

On a side note : Get well Amber.  :hug

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Sind

Les

The New/Old Friends from a different time thing..  I'm thinking that the Mab we saw there never met Fa'Lina before,  but sometime in Fa'Lina's 9,000 years she met a Mab and they got along famously and had many adventures Muffins!  But that whole non-liner time thing with Fae just muddies the issue some.

I'm wondering if Falina Is/Was/Will-Be inspired to found SAIA by Mab? 

On another note, I wonder if Pip's Dan-Munching isn't motivated by malice, but is his way of helping keep Dan 'fed' while he was experimenting with the wonders of the Ale-diet?   :P
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Rafe

I'm still hearing Pip in Patrick Stewart's voice, although I get Christopher Plummer too occassionally.
Rafe

Zaejue

I highly doubt Pip is Devin reincarnated
if he was then he wouldn't remember anything from his previous life unless reincarnation works differently in the DMFA-verse
I'm gonna go with the most logical theory that was suggested and say pip read the resume

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Arcblade on February 27, 2010, 11:53:04 AM

Also, here's hoping the plague leaves Amber alone soon.  Sad Ambers make sad Arcblades.  
No no, you got it wrong. It's: "Sick Amber makes sad forumites."

Huh, I totally glazed over Abel's last name.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Titanium Dragon

QuoteAgreed...We don't yet have enough backstory on Mab/ Fa'Lina or Mab/ Pip to know how they all relate to one another; we only know they've been friends for a long time, possibly since or even before the Cubi/ Dragon war itself. The one thing we have learned here, is that he picked up common speak from hanging with Mab all those years.

Ah, but he didn't say that, now did he? He simply said that most drakes don't hang out around fae.

QuoteY'know, just another theory to throw into the mix. XD My other theory is that, since we don't know exactly how old Pip is, it's entirely possible that he was around when the whole Aniz thing at Zinvth happened... and maybe he heard of Abel from then? *shrug*

According to his cast page, he is 16 and a drake. I don't think the cast page has contained lies heretofar, so I don't really expect it to, especially given that one of the lines is that drakes know three languages, two of which only drakes know, a set up for this.

QuoteMy first impression on seeing the comic: Pip looks like a smug jerkass.

Well, isn't that the general way of things for him up to this point anyway?

As for Pip knowing Abel's last name... it seems very likely to me that is simply because he and Mab know far, far more than it would seem they would, or even should.

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if dropping Abel's last name was not accidental.

Ghostwish

Pip is most definitely voiced by Sean Connery. :P

Demont

Well I don't think that's the real Pip Able is talking to.

A. Lurker

Quote from: Demont on February 27, 2010, 03:36:20 PM

You do realize what you just did, do you? :erk

(To be specific: You got me thinking "well, if it's not the real Pip, it might just be Destania...again". How much is mass a constraint on cubi shapeshifting, anyway? She did manage to impersonate the rather shorter Biggs convincingly enough when talking to Dan on his last visit to the Twink Territories, after all...)

Nino

Quote from: Demont on February 27, 2010, 03:36:20 PM

it's ANIZ! :D ...just kidding.

terrycloth

It could be Aniz as easily as Destania.

Maybe it's whatsername the watermage from upstairs? Or Jyrass with a patch? Or Nutmeg or Albanion or --

It could be ANYONE! O.O

jeffh4

Quote from: Zaejue on February 27, 2010, 02:18:23 PM
Has Amber ever told us how or if souls work in Furrae? Other than with the Fae, that is. 

Is reincarnation possible, impossible or unknown? Do souls get recycled back in the Bhuddist manner to learn the lessons required to move forward?   Do being and creature souls come back in the opposite form? Do chocolate chip cookies come back to haunt you in the afterlife?

So many questions.

MT Hazard

Pip is a mutant, sixteen years of exposure to Fey magic has altered him into something different....  that or Mab just messed with his genetics, makes you wonder how well he gets on with his own kind (that one comic excluded)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: jeffh4 on February 27, 2010, 05:19:55 PM
Do chocolate chip cookies come back to haunt you in the afterlife?

So many questions.

Well, if they do, you get to eat them .. again. :D

Kenji

... Exactly how sick does dirt get, anyways?

Anker Steadfast

Well .. I think it's more a question of how sick YOU get when you get too much dirt on you!

Rakyth

Quote from: Madd the Sane on February 27, 2010, 06:03:03 AM
Huh, so Pip does speak Common. There goes my theory :(

And more evidence for mine! :D

Quote from: A. Lurker on February 27, 2010, 11:24:37 AM
Quote from: Dard on February 27, 2010, 10:50:01 AM
According to his cast page he is 16 years old.

Of course, Fae 'non-linearity' may make that statement a bit ambiguous (even if Pip isn't a Fae himself, he does seem to spend most of his time accompanying Mab). Are those sixteen years the time he's actually lived through, subjectively, or just the time that has passed between his hatching day and the 'now' of the story, just for starters...? :mowdizzy

I had a theory that Pip was a fae, taking on the role of a drake.

By theory, I mean 'guess that makes sense'

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Zaejue on February 27, 2010, 02:18:23 PM

I concur....Devin is currently in the employ of the Soulstealer household; in fact, Kria has extended her last name to him, and pretty much regards him as her son...his original soul/ personality was apparently lost to the ether..

It might be possible to retrieve or re-introduce someone's soul into another body, but to Abel, the voice alone would have been a dead giveaway.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

LigerJet

Quote from: terrycloth on February 27, 2010, 05:00:20 PM

Maybe it's whatsername the watermage from upstairs? Or Jyrass with a patch? Or Nutmeg or Albanion or --

It could be ANYONE! O.O

Wait...what watermage from upstairs?

Madd the Sane

It could be ANYONE! O.O
It could be Mab herself.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on February 27, 2010, 06:29:31 PM
Well .. I think it's more a question of how sick YOU get when you get too much dirt on you!

Depends on whether your name is Monk.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lego3400

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on February 27, 2010, 02:39:45 PM
According to his cast page, he is 16 and a drake. I don't think the cast page has contained lies heretofar, so I don't really expect it to, especially given that one of the lines is that drakes know three languages, two of which only drakes know, a set up for this.

1. Dan was listed as a being for a long time.
2. Rose STILL isn't mentioned on Mab's page. 
3. Mab can understand Pip's "Kii"s. If Mab knows it it';s not a language known only to drakes. Also it doesn't say PIP knows 3... IT just says drakes...
Spoiling plot twists via your cast pages doesn't make them very good twists.

Rakyth

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 28, 2010, 02:18:03 AM
Quote from: Titanium Dragon on February 27, 2010, 02:39:45 PM

1. Dan was listed as a being for a long time.
2. Rose STILL isn't mentioned on Mab's page. 
3. Mab can understand Pip's "Kii"s. If Mab knows it it';s not a language known only to drakes. Also it doesn't say PIP knows 3... IT just says drakes...
Spoiling plot twists via your cast pages doesn't make them very good twists.

1. Amber probably didn't get around to it
2. Err...I plead the fifth.
3. Fae also visit other universes, but I don't believe that's clearly defined either.

Naldru

Quote from: LigerJet on February 27, 2010, 11:39:54 PM

It could be ANYONE! O.O

Wait...what watermage from upstairs?
Gen (Genesis4), the one who thinks Alexsis is a cubi.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.