02/20/10 [DMFA #1090] - When life gives you lemons, kill the lemon farmer

Started by Bjalf, February 20, 2010, 07:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjalf

And the band-aid was no use either.

Poor Abel, gets no sympathy after all his troubles, and now he has to listen to "snoring" noises all night long.

Tapewolf

Aw, that sucks.  Wonder what kind of mood Alexsi is going to be in by morning?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 20, 2010, 07:53:51 AM

There was an expression I heard often while stationed in California describing one's mood and appearance after such an evening and night that I really can't use as I want and stay PG-13. I guess it would suffice to say that "chipper" is a good guess and she might have a "glow" about her.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tapewolf

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on February 20, 2010, 09:20:14 AM
There was an expression I heard often while stationed in California describing one's mood and appearance after such an evening and night that I really can't use as I want and stay PG-13. I guess it would suffice to say that "chipper" is a good guess and she might have a "glow" about her.

So hopefully she'll be at least slightly receptive to Abel's demands for compensation, the insane warrior type who thinks she's a succubus or the fact that Dan went AWOL.

bradypodidae

I don't think Abel's compensation will be much of an issue as its part of his contract. Then again, Alexsi is a business woman and all expenses are probably carefully reviewed.

As far as Dan's going A.W.O.L. from the Inn for a date? I'm kind of hoping he brings Matilda to the Inn for breakfast to help diffuse that situation, otherwise, I believe all bets are off.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Bjalf

There was an expression I heard often while stationed in California describing one's mood and appearance after such an evening and night that I really can't use as I want and stay PG-13.

Ooh, ooh, I've heard that one! I't something about chrome and trailer hitch, isn't it? Of course, here it would probably be scales and dragon.

:B

Ghostwish

D'ymkarra

Alexsi is likely on Cloud Nine right now, and won't be coming down anytime soon (notice how she didn't realize/ care Dan was nowhere to be found?).

That is, until Abel fills her in on the night's events...Then it's On!  :kruger
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

entropicage

While I know Alexi needs to know what happened... well... I think she needs the mood boost, if ya know what I mean.  :mowmeep

Tapewolf

How long has Abel been on-shift, I wonder?  Is he going to end up breaking disguise by virtue of being up so late?

entropicage

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 20, 2010, 10:42:57 AM
How long has Abel been on-shift, I wonder?  Is he going to end up breaking disguise by virtue of being up so late?
Except that he doesn't need to sleep, and with as many emotions flying around as there had been that night, I doubt he's anywhere near tired enough to make a slip like that.

Tapewolf

Quote from: entropicage on February 20, 2010, 10:56:06 AM
Except that he doesn't need to sleep, and with as many emotions flying around as there had been that night, I doubt he's anywhere near tired enough to make a slip like that.

Actually the point isn't that it won't affect him, which is not normal for a Being, and by the looks of it most Creatures.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Bjalf on February 20, 2010, 09:43:45 AM
Aw, that sucks.  Wonder what kind of mood Alexsi is going to be in by morning?

There was an expression I heard often while stationed in California describing one's mood and appearance after such an evening and night that I really can't use as I want and stay PG-13.

Ooh, ooh, I've heard that one! I't something about chrome and trailer hitch, isn't it? Of course, here it would probably be scales and dragon.

:B

...um, no. It had more to do with afterglow.

edit: typos

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 20, 2010, 10:59:27 AM

Actually the point isn't that it won't affect him, which is not normal for a Being, and by the looks of it most Creatures.

I doubt many notice when someone is up really late and still seems to have energy. I know some people who seem to never need to sleep.

Also instead of switching the salt for sugar, i would have switched the sugar for salt. Nothing worse than realizing your coffee is ruined.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

entropicage

Having had a step-father who worked the overnight shift in a psych ward, I can say that that is definitely NOT the case. Heh, if anything, people will just assume that he either a: stays up for absurdly long times anyway, or b: that he sleeps during the day.

There's also my stint as a hotel waitress... me having to be up for work at 4am didn't always stop me from being out till 2.  :mowtongue

Bjalf

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on February 20, 2010, 11:06:11 AM

I was joking    >:3

Though I'm sure my suggestion would produce an afterglow, also.   :P

Quote from: Jasonrevall on February 20, 2010, 11:14:19 AM
Also instead of switching the salt for sugar, i would have switched the sugar for salt. Nothing worse than realizing your coffee is ruined.
Just do both. I hope we get a running gag on sugar/salt misplacements.

Madmann135

By what Alexsi just said I am guessing that she is going to expand her dragon riding skills.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Madmann135 on February 20, 2010, 12:12:17 PM
By what Alexsi just said I am guessing that she is going to expand her dragon riding skills.

As much as many of us would like to see/ believe this, you've overlooked Amber's 'nobody gets any' rule. That and between the highs and lows of Pyroduck's revelations to her, I think she's physically and mentally exhausted already. A good night's sleep next to someone that loves her would be most welcome indeed.

(It goes without saying methinks, that this scene will inspire its' own slew of fanfiction entries :)  )
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

llearch n'n'daCorna

I doubt many notice when someone is up really late and still seems to have energy. I know some people who seem to never need to sleep.

The other option is that he can shapeshift into a female shape for the night shift.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ChaoSynergy

I thought the saying was "If life gives you lemons, cut them open and squirt citric acid in its eyes" :x

Bjalf

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on February 20, 2010, 01:49:22 PM
I thought the saying was "If life gives you lemons, cut them open and squirt citric acid in its eyes" :x

Actually, it's "kick the lemon farmer in the shins", from another one of my favourite webcomics.

Baal Hadad

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Bjalf on February 20, 2010, 11:59:47 AM
Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on February 20, 2010, 11:06:11 AM

I was joking    >:3

Though I'm sure my suggestion would produce an afterglow, also.   :P

Afterglow? Not blushing?

Quote from: D'ymkarra on February 20, 2010, 12:56:51 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on February 20, 2010, 12:12:17 PM

As much as many of us would like to see/ believe this, you've overlooked Amber's 'nobody gets any' rule.

Alexsi didn't say they're sleeping together, just that they're going to sleep. Just like when Abel told Wildy that Dan and Alexsi were out on a date (just not together).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lego3400

He could just say he knew he was working the nightshift so he slept during the day.

Madd the Sane

Wait, what if Abel put psycho-kitty in Alexsi's room? Awkward.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Madd the Sane on February 20, 2010, 09:46:32 PM
Wait, what if Abel put psycho-kitty in Alexsi's room? Awkward.

LOL, that's a funny thought.  Wonder what would happen when she sees Alexsi.

Drayco84

Quote from: Bjalf on February 20, 2010, 11:59:47 AM
Just do both. I hope we get a running gag on sugar/salt misplacements.
Whoa, whoa... Switch the sugar for salt and ruin Alexsi's coffee?! YOU FOOLS! YOU'VE KILLED US ALL! *Runs for the hills before Alexsi finds out her source of caffeine is ruined.*

D'ymkarra

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 20, 2010, 08:11:36 PMAlexsi didn't say they're sleeping together, just that they're going to sleep. Just like when Abel told Wildy that Dan and Alexsi were out on a date (just not together).

Very true..I never meant to imply one over the other; there's sleeping together (meck mecka wow wow!), and plain old sleeping together (awww cuddly dragon!). It's just that being the hormone driven animals we are ( be it human, cubi, or whatever), our minds will tend to default to the former rather than the latter. Besides, we all know Alexsi is not the kind to kiss and tell, especially on a first date  :mowwink

AmigaDragon

And then there's sleeping separately, which is what I'm sure Alexsi meant.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen