12/07/09 [AS2 #80] - Mom says hello

Started by thegayhare, December 07, 2009, 12:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

I hope the title fits  It seemed appropriate with the title of 78th thread being hello mom

At least she's not too far gone to communicate

It's a sad scene but also its rather heartwarming.  She loves he son so much and nothing will ever change that

Baal Hadad

*sniff*

That made me cry....

(Although I do wonder why she used the passive rather than the active, and I also wonder at Abel's "Hey" reaction....  I suppose May doesn't know he can read thoughts, and I suppose Abel knows that...?)

Lego3400

I took it as her haveing read up on Cubi and useing it intenonally.  She'd want to know these things after all that happened. The way she touched his hand when she thought it makes it seem more like that. They "Hey" was more of a "Oh! You know about that" or someting along thouse lines... I dunno

It's also possible she didn't speak becasue she's too weak to do so. But this is all just my take on things...

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Lego3400 on December 07, 2009, 01:11:18 AM
I took it as her haveing read up on Cubi and useing it intenonally.  She'd want to know these things after all that happened. The way she touched his hand when she thought it makes it seem more like that. They "Hey" was more of a "Oh! You know about that" or someting along thouse lines... I dunno

It's also possible she didn't speak becasue she's too weak to do so. But this is all just my take on things...

*facepalm*  Of course--it's not like she hasn't had PLENTY of time for that....  :P

(And the "too weak" part occurred to me as well....)

Sienna Maiu - M T

While "I love you Abel" would have been more grammatically correct, it would not have been nearly so sweet.
So, "d'aww~" at the comic.

Plus, she is tired (and practically looks blind with those eyes...) so she's probably not too coherent. "Abel you are loved" though, is quite an acceptable sentence, so I guess she just wanted to clarify :P

Yay to happy moments ^-^

Tapewolf

That is sweet.  Sad, but heart-warming.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lucheek

Pagan

<Goes and edits the TV Tropes Crowning Moment of Heartwarming page> ... I might need to be update the Tearjerker page too...
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

bradypodidae

Bigboysdon'tcryBigboysdon'tcryBigboysdon'tcryBigboysdon'tcry....

Ah, who am I kidding. Very touching, Ms. Williams, and thank you.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

joshofspam

Amber you deserve a cookie for how you played that emotional roller coaster and it's probably not over yet cause their so much too say and not enough time to say it all. :mowcookie

At the very least the most important thing was said to Abel.

But still this is may on her death bed so it may be a bitter sweet reunion when she finally dies. :cry
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Arcblade

So I guess he's reading her thoughts?  Handy.

I have the horrible feeling this is going to go wrong.  Abel is awfully jerktastic on a regular basis for this bit of his life to work out perfectly. 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcblade on December 07, 2009, 12:14:18 PM
I have the horrible feeling this is going to go wrong.  Abel is awfully jerktastic on a regular basis for this bit of his life to work out perfectly. 

Well, she's dying.  It doesn't have to go badly between them for it to leave a traumatic impression on him.

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 07, 2009, 12:23:50 PM

Well, she's dying.  It doesn't have to go badly between them for it to leave a traumatic impression on him.

I agree! This is probably what changes him to the Main Arc Abel...

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on December 07, 2009, 01:08:14 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 07, 2009, 12:23:50 PM

I agree! This is probably what changes him to the Main Arc Abel...

At the risk of making a quote pyramid, I'd just like to interject that a few hundred years in the academy can alter his personality in any number of ways.........
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Zedd

Angel

...My name is Angel and a webcomic just made me cry.

I was so worried May would hate Abel, but I guess she realizes that it's not really his fault. Of course, this being Abel's Story, I'm kind of worried that at some point tragedy may slap us in the face, even here. But even Abel can have non-jerk moments, as we can tell by his heartfelt apology, and May is accepting what he is and loving him anyway, so for now, I'll just enjoy and not theorize.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

MT Hazard

Even without the reassuring thoughts, May's smile is enough to put Abel at peace. I think that he will still have issues after this but they could have been much much worse.  :)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

zeldagal12

phew....

i was worried that abel's mom would say something more like what devin's mom said to him, but i guess i was worried about nothing.

awwww..... :bunny

Tapewolf

Quote from: zeldagal12 on December 07, 2009, 07:22:58 PM
i was worried that abel's mom would say something more like what devin's mom said to him, but i guess i was worried about nothing.

Well, that's looking less likely, but you never can tell.  It's not over yet.
My worry is that she'll start rambling about the seven Scotsmen coming to dinner at midnight or something equally peculiar.

e_voyager

people so often forget that there are few things that can be as powerful as the love of a mother for her child. she raised Abel loving here worrying over him and just because her husband turned into and evil &*%$# doesn't mean she'll blame her son it's not his fault. he tired to protect her but he couldn't and because he was too young to really understand what was happening and she saw him kidnapped. she probably knew that he wanted to return but couldn't for some reason and wouldn't hold it against him.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Baal Hadad

I probably shouldn't even bring this up but I can't help wondering if this is going to get Abel thinking (not necessarily now, but somewhere down the line) about how Devin's mother spoke to him on her deathbed, and thus remind him about what happened to Devin, and thereby leave him vulnerable to manipulation by Destania against Aniz, or one or two of those things, or something along those lines, or am I rambling too much...?

Chakat Blackspots

I'm honestly glad to see that Abel's mom still loves him, while she is unable to speak, she can still let her thoughts be known.  After all, she's had 50 years to read up on Cubi.

Attic Rat

Weak as she is, she's still got her wits about her.
Abel was saying "I am (this)" and "I am (that)" so she comes in with "You are loved - by me."

Bravo, Amber!
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

schala

AWWW!  This story keeps getting better and better. Sometimes I look forward more to the Abel updates than the other normal arc updates. Very good job with the touching moment, Amber. Kudos.

- Schala  :januscat

Eibborn

Quote from: Black_angel on December 07, 2009, 03:16:13 PM
I was so worried May would hate Abel, but I guess she realizes that it's not really his fault. Of course, this being Abel's Story, I'm kind of worried that at some point tragedy may slap us in the face, even here.

Haha, my thoughts exactly. I'm waiting for May to suddenly shapeshift into a horrible monster or something. :B
/kicks the internet over

celelorien

Quote from: Eibbor_N on December 07, 2009, 11:57:43 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on December 07, 2009, 03:16:13 PM
I was so worried May would hate Abel, but I guess she realizes that it's not really his fault. Of course, this being Abel's Story, I'm kind of worried that at some point tragedy may slap us in the face, even here.

Haha, my thoughts exactly. I'm waiting for May to suddenly shapeshift into a horrible monster or something. :B

Or for Aniz to show up anyway.  :<  But this was a really really touching page. T^T  I can *hope* nothing terrible happens, at least.  May is being super sweet here... I guess it's kind of the antithesis of every parent's nightmare - instead of her child dying before her, he's just as healthy and young and untouched by age or disease as he was when she last saw him.  It might be kind of relieving for her, really.

As to the grammar thing, there *is* a comma there.  "Abel, you are loved by me." is a perfectly fine, well constructed sentence.

Sprocketsdance

I squealed, then cried.. then squealed again... then sniffled... ohh man how sweet! 

MT Hazard

Page quote
"Misery loves company, and happiness you must find on your own"

Anyone got any idea what this is from?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 07, 2009, 07:39:01 PM
Quote from: zeldagal12 on December 07, 2009, 07:22:58 PM

Well, that's looking less likely, but you never can tell.  It's not over yet.
My worry is that she'll start rambling about the seven Scotsmen coming to dinner at midnight or something equally peculiar.

So you're saying that there's still the possibility that she'll be afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease or at least be senile?

Icon by Sunblink