Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

welp dan you should take that as another warning not to tick this one off

Baal Hadad

Quote from: thegayhare on November 29, 2009, 12:29:53 AM

I was disturbed by Dan's reaction to that....  o_O

Techcubi

What do you think would happen, if Dan told her the TRUTH behind why he's on a date with her?

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Techcubi on November 29, 2009, 12:35:44 AM
What do you think would happen, if Dan told her the TRUTH behind why he's on a date with her?

She might either do what she did to her brother, or be quite understanding.

Janus Whitefurr

Grievous Harm With A Body!

I was going to make an anime reference, but the one that came to mind was a character using his giant robot's -own- arm to beat the opponent into submission.

Ah well.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Gamma

I can see why Dan doesn't mind, she's starting to remind him of his Amazon fascinations.

But umm, yeah, I wouldn't let her know the original reason for the date....

Also, I noticed she doesn't seem to have her own dish yet, little odd unless they are sharing.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

thegayhare

Quote from: Baal Hadad on November 29, 2009, 12:32:47 AM

among matilda's folk tearing off an arm might not be the same sort of bother it is to us.  as a mystical reptillian species they could have remarkable regenerative powers.  Matilda's banishment may be more from the fact that she, a mere female,  physicaly humiliated and assualted the superior male, rather then the mere fact that she tore some one's arm off.  

the rippin off of arms might b perfectly xceptible during a heatd argument so long as you don't do it to some one above your own station

techmaster-glitch

"Even friendliest of roses have thorns" indeed. I wonder if Matilda has had any "disagreements" with Beings or other Creatures since her banishment...

However, just going by what we have seen of her, she could almost be seen as "rehabilitated"; she had a dark and violent past, but in the present day, she's one of the cheeriest and most polite members of the cast.

jeffh4

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 29, 2009, 01:22:00 AM
However, just going by what we have seen of her, she could almost be seen as "rehabilitated"; she had a dark and violent past, but in the present day, she's one of the cheeriest and most polite members of the cast.

I think you misunderstand how social rules for family and rules for everyone else (being or creature) can be completely different.  How many times have you gone with a friend to a place where his/her family was gathered. And then left wondering, my friend GREW UP WITH THIS?!?!?!?!  And he/she thinks that is NORMAL?!?!?!?

I don't think Dan has much to worry about.  Noone can push buttons like family can.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: thegayhare on November 29, 2009, 01:15:30 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on November 29, 2009, 12:32:47 AM

among matilda's folk tearing off an arm might not be the same sort of bother it is to us.  as a mystical reptillian species they could have remarkable regenerative powers.  Matilda's banishment may be more from the fact that she, a mere female,  physicaly humiliated and assualted the superior male, rather then the mere fact that she tore some one's arm off. 

the rippin off of arms might b perfectly xceptible during a heatd argument so long as you don't do it to some one above your own station

And...Dan knows that...?  Is that what you're saying?

jeffh4

Quote from: Gamma on November 29, 2009, 01:09:24 AM
Also, I noticed she doesn't seem to have her own dish yet, little odd unless they are sharing.

Amber hasn't stated what Mythos use for sustenance.  Might be butterflies and strong beer for all we know.  I think all of Matilda's meal is in her glass.

Turnsky

sounds like Matilda would get along rather well with Alexsi.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anri

I couldn't help but notice she has a claw coming out of that one finger there. Seems she has retractables!

ooklah

Does this mean she was the second daughter? I could see that being a potential disagreement.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

e_voyager

one thing that has me wondering is if he tells her and says that originally he was worried about his sister but seeing her so gussied up he just wanted to show her a good time  he'd probably get a bat upside the head and a return date next week same time
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

AmigaDragon

"Hey brother, stop hittin' yourself, stop hittin' yourself, stop hittin' yourself, stop hittin' yourself, stop hittin' yourself, stop hittin' yourself..."
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lego3400

Dard

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 29, 2009, 03:18:33 AM
"Hey brother, stop hittin' yourself, stop hittin' yourself, stop hittin' yourself, stop hittin' yourself, stop hittin' yourself, stop hittin' yourself..."

I'm not touching that one with a stick.

... I'm not touching yooooooou... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Reese Tora

I think, maybe, that platter is for both of them? I notice that Dan has a napkin/place mat/whatever in front of him, same as Matilda, and that the plate of food is not on his setting.

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 29, 2009, 03:27:12 AM
Also.... Amber plays Neopets?

Well, she used to, at any rate; no idea if she still does. :<
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Dard

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 29, 2009, 06:46:42 AM
I think, maybe, that platter is for both of them? I notice that Dan has a napkin/place mat/whatever in front of him, same as Matilda, and that the plate of food is not on his setting.
Her profile says that she prefers stuff with high combustion rates and I don't think whatever Dan eats qualifies.

I think whatever she eats is in her glasses. Like petroleum, pure alcohol or nitromethane.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

You know, I hear there was a deleted scene in Commando that went something like that...

Madmann135

Quote from: Turnsky on November 29, 2009, 01:36:55 AM
sounds like Matilda would get along rather well with Alexsi.  >:3

They both have a direct method of dealing with problems.

I think Dan's fantasy about amazons is starting to fade as he gets to know more about our favorite blue mythos-cobra-taur.
I have a new found respect for Matilda ...she rocks!

Personally I am not surprised at Dan's reaction to her banishment, in fact I find it quite fitting as Dan probably has seen worse.  

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 29, 2009, 03:18:33 AM

ROTFLMAO!

... On a side note, imagine the savings on food bills these two could rack up.
Matilda prefers items with high combustion rate and Dan, being an incubus, does not need to eat food as he can gain nourishment from emotions.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

thegayhare

Quote from: Baal Hadad on November 29, 2009, 01:31:33 AM

And...Dan knows that...?  Is that what you're saying?

yes actualy i am
while dan is ignorent of most of there social graces he has faught them so he'd know something about there physiality. he'd know about any regenerative abilities they hadand some of there behaviors simply by watching them.  He could have even seen the tear the arm off debate tactic first hand if the band he was watching had leadership issues

Naldru

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the rate of "munches" per frame.  When Dan finds out she was exiled, he mentions "foot in mouth" and starts eating energetically (two munches in that frame) to have something to do other than talking.  When sibling dismemberment is mentioned, he gets really energetic about eating (three munches in that frame).

I've got a hunch that the munches mean something.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jasonrevall

I think Matilda is better off outside of a society such as the one she grew up in. Gives her more of a chance to reach her potential. And she is already taking the opportunity it seems with the shop she owns and whatever else she has done with her life outside of Blue Volcano region.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Naldru on November 29, 2009, 10:36:12 AM
I've got a hunch that the munches mean something.

Well, it's impolite to talk with your mouth full.  Maybe he's just keeping his mouth full with food so he doesn't wind up filling it with his foot instead.

OminousShadow

O_O If Dan gets into an actual relationship with Matilda, he better not piss her off. Otherwise he will be paying many trips to the Nurses Office at SAIA to get a limb reattached.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Lucheek

Hungry there, Dan? He's holding two little bug-kabobs in one hand! And doesn't even stop munching to talk.
(Also, nice eye for detail Amber for keeping his meal consistant.)

And...ooh. Matilda has claws? That's new.