Keaton's taking a Semi-Hiatus

Started by Sunblink, November 06, 2009, 03:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

:tighthug Take care of yourself first and foremost, if you need some support, we're here for you Keats.  If you ever need an ear, a shoulder, or a friend, you can always come to me.  Wish you as quick and painless a recovery as possible.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

techmaster-glitch

Man... and it seemd like she was finally doing good again, too.. :mowsad

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 27, 2010, 04:12:00 PM
Man... and it seemd like she was finally doing good again, too.. :mowsad

Yeah, the disappointment of that didn't help her any, from what I hear.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Paladin Sheppard

Keats we care more about how you are doing than how much you are online go take care of yourself! We'll still be here waiting for you. *sends much love at the Keaton*

Zedd

Get better Keaton or we will be all coming for you and give you giant bear hugs!

llearch n'n'daCorna

What they said. We'll be here.

(and yes. it is technically necroing, but we're not jumping on you because of extenuating circumstances. *wink* )
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

I'm not completely better but I want to let everyone know that I've made a lot of improvement. At the time I wrote the last message, I had gotten very, very little sleep, which had been a recurring pattern. I completely break down if I don't get enough sleep, which has been a serious problem in my entire life. I still need a lot of sleep, but my psychiatrist might have found something that will help me, since the current arrangement is working well.

I'm taking time off to get my sleep schedule completely fixed.

Thanks for being so concerned, everyone. And thank you for being so supportive. :tighthug Just thank you. I hope this gets sorted out as soon as possible. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing somewhat better since I was breaking down during my last post.

thegayhare

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Pagan

Good to hear you're getting better. Now just keep up that trend.  :hug
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Sunblink

Ugh, more bumping. I'm sorry, guys.

Okay, so we've started reducing the amount of sleeping meds that I was on, because originally I was only told to take them because the Lithium hadn't started to improve my sleep patterns/anything relating to my frontal lobe. As it turned out, they ended up being completely overkill once I did start to get better, so I started sleeping too much and acting too sluggish in the daytime. We've removed the majority of the sleeping meds and have been weaning me off of the miniscule amount of benzodiazepine that I'm on. (Even though benzodiazepine can be extremely addictive and the weaning process means things like seizures and other nasty things from withdrawal syndrome, I haven't experienced any of that because I'm on such a pathetically low dose that it doesn't matter. And this is the case even though I've been on Klonopin - the benzodiazepine - for 4 years since I started experiencing panic attacks for a consistent pattern while I was 14. I don't have panic attacks anymore, especially not at such a crippling frequency, but Klonopin still helps me sleep.)

Now I'm wearing a progesterone-producing patch, and so far it's been doing well, because I'm not having full-fucking-scale anhedonia anymore. I had an extremely depressed/borderline-emotionless period just a few days ago, and that was preceded by a period that was utterly miserable (going on about it would require another paragraph of drama), but that seems to have passed, and apparently if that happens again I need to get lots of sleep and wear two patches instead of one. I'm on a low dose for the patch, so that's acceptable. So hopefully that will start having some effect.

However, the forums have been extremely, extremely stressful for me so I want to avoid posting here frequently until I'm completely better. :/ I wanted to let everyone know about my progress, though, and to thank everyone for the support. Thanks for putting up with all these constant rises and falls - I'm sorry that things aren't really back to normal yet, though. :tighthug I'm getting there. Hopefully these changes will set things back on track.

EDIT: Oh, I just needed to clarify something. The two-patches thing was recommended by my psychiatrist and he explained it's perfectly safe, so I'm not tinkering with my meds without his permission. Basically, if we can find a medication that works consistently for me, I'll be in the clear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Good to hear the prognosis is positive, Keats. Take your time. We're not going anywhere.

... well, okay, we might be moving, but the result from outside should be transparent... ;-]

Sunblink

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 20, 2010, 10:05:01 AM
Good to hear the prognosis is positive, Keats. Take your time. We're not going anywhere.

... well, okay, we might be moving, but the result from outside should be transparent... ;-]

What. But I've been staring at my computer screen for the past two hours and the forum hasn't moved anywhere :[

(I'm sorry, but the bad jokes you told me last night are rubbing off on me.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 20, 2010, 10:07:19 AM
What. But I've been staring at my computer screen for the past two hours and the forum hasn't moved anywhere :[

Sure it did. You just blinked.

Again.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 20, 2010, 10:07:19 AM
(I'm sorry, but the bad jokes you told me last night are rubbing off on me.)

What are you sorry for? ;-]

Mao

This text is not moving.
Keep it up, Keats.  I can't wait to see you all better and on your feet proper. :tighthug

Jairus

:hug Well, keep at it and hang in there, Keats.  :) We're all still here. Or are we? We could just be an elaborate hallucination brought on by stress. Maybe you've never met or spoken with any of us. Maybe we're all just actors in some elaborate Truman's Show fantasy. Maybe the Matrix has you, Keaton! *Twilight Zone music plays, and a piano falls on an extremely pale guy* Whoops.

Nah, can't be any of that. Except that we're still here.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lisky

:tighthug

Good news is always nice, glad to hear things are goin' better Keatsicle

Still around if ya need me, take care Keaty *tips hat and wanders back to books*

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

I add my hopes to that this new combination will help you in the way you need.

Keep going Keats, we're all here for you to pull through. :)

Zedd

Get better fast! We're rootin on you! :tighthug