Prince of Persia movie preview

Started by Kipiru, November 06, 2009, 02:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

As a huge fan of the Sands of Time game trilogy, I think this movie is going to Rule Supreme. The story seem to be only based on the game plot, so without repeating it, is trying to capture it's essence. Which is fine by the way, were it otherwise we'd we watching a 2 hour climb of a Persian palace. The effects are stunning and Jake Gyllenhaal is spot on as the Prince. I can't express you how much I await this movie  :mowmeep

Kafzeil

Just saw the preview. Other then some moments of Conspcious CGI, it looks....serviceable.

Truth be told I gulped audioably when I saw the poster with the Warrior Within outfit, ut this looks like it might be a movie that distills the game's spirit well. Jake Gyllenhaal seems to be a pretty good Prince from what I've seen. they seem to be adding a lot to the plot, but sinc ethe orginal game got rid of most of the human contact early on, I suppose something had to be done.

If this becomes a series, I just wonder what they'd do with Warrior WIthin.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Succubus_1982

I thought this wasn't coming out till 2010? Ah I hope it doesn't come out whilst I'm still too broke to go and see it!
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Sprocketsdance

Ohhhh man I've been excited about this for a while now!  :eager I watched the husband play through the Sands of Time trilogy.. ohhh the prince is awesome.. and to have a movie... it's great!  :boogie 2010 could not come sooner!  :eager

JackTheCubiWolf

I've only play the first. When I first saw a poster for it I was 'oh god' but from what I'm hearing from you all, it sounds like it's worth a watch.
I'm back, and tired.

Janus Whitefurr

I love that not a few threads below people are screaming about how crap an original movie's going to be, and up here they're praising the daylights out of a video game movie. Not to say that either will be bad or good, I'm just observing the difference is all.

Also I'm an old fogey who preferred the very original PoP and not these 3D versions. ;b
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif