10/10/09 [DMFA #1048] - Shell-phone

Started by Garsemor, October 10, 2009, 04:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiggertoo

Quote from: Lego3400 on October 10, 2009, 03:40:26 PM
Unless Maltilda is already in on the plan and he shape shifts into someone else. Alexsi has never met Matlida so she wouldn't be suspious off a pair of supposed strangers. In other words....
:shapeshifters

Dan really doesn't know enough to shift into someone else yet, but that doesn't matter. Heck, Abel would be glad to *help* him shift with magic - especially since it hurts a lot.  :)  Also it would mean Abel gets Dan out of his hair for a night (and doesn't have to listen to Dan whining about Alexsi being out in the world all vulnerable and helpless - regardless of how totally absurd this idea is for everyone else but Dan).

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 10, 2009, 03:43:56 PM
But does Dan actually know advanced shapeshifting like that? Abel only taught him how to hide his headwings, unless I am mistaken (godzilla-tentacles and pac-man-headwings notwithstanding)

If he can change his face a little bit, change clothing and get rid of both sets of wings, he'd be in with a chance.  Also he's got several days to prepare, unlike last time... he could dye his hair or anything.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

tiggertoo

And if all else fails, there is always Jyrras and his patches.

Kuari

Quote from: tiggertoo on October 10, 2009, 12:14:15 PM
Quote from: Tipod on October 10, 2009, 10:44:44 AM
Is she eating Chinese food with a fork? :B 

Well, Matilda only has two fingers on each hand and no thumbs - chopsticks are really *not* going to work for her.

I do hope this turns out well for Matilda, I'd hate to see her feelings hurt - she's a real sweetie. With her abilities, it should be trivial for her to see that Pyroduck is a Dragon -- hopefully she'll mention it to Dan (don't think she knows Alexsi, but seeing a Dragon out on a date would be something to remark on). Even Dan should get a clue that scary-scary-sister + Dragon date = Dan doesn't have to worry about any Demon attacks. Of course, this *is* Dan we're talking about....

And do remember he is racist against Dragons :p

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_174.php

silentassassin

Quote from: Kuari on October 10, 2009, 05:11:28 PM
Quote from: tiggertoo on October 10, 2009, 12:14:15 PM
Quote from: Tipod on October 10, 2009, 10:44:44 AM
Is she eating Chinese food with a fork? :B 

Well, Matilda only has two fingers on each hand and no thumbs - chopsticks are really *not* going to work for her.

I do hope this turns out well for Matilda, I'd hate to see her feelings hurt - she's a real sweetie. With her abilities, it should be trivial for her to see that Pyroduck is a Dragon -- hopefully she'll mention it to Dan (don't think she knows Alexsi, but seeing a Dragon out on a date would be something to remark on). Even Dan should get a clue that scary-scary-sister + Dragon date = Dan doesn't have to worry about any Demon attacks. Of course, this *is* Dan we're talking about....

And do remember he is racist against Dragons :p

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_174.php
Well not racist per se just holding a bit of a long standing grudge

Shirou14

should I also mention the part where abel will be working all alone? not that I think he is oncompetent, but I don't think he would be keeping such a secret from alexsi..... especially not from alexsi...

Shachza

Quote from: Lucheek on October 10, 2009, 08:55:22 AM
Quote from: John Roh on October 10, 2009, 08:25:07 AM
eep this could end badly and not because he's spying what if Kria finds out and think's Dan is cheating on Lorenda.
Ooh! I didn't even think of that! If Kria is on the prowl, this will deffinintly not go well!

Itinerary:

6pm: Pick up at Matilda's
6:15PM: Dinner at swanky restaurant
7:30PM: Movie Ti-Fur-Tanic
7:45PM: Matilda versus Kria outside the cinema when Dan is found on a date but not with Lorenda
7:55PM: National Guard called in for newly-declared state-of-emergency

Sounds like a fun evening!
            <-- #1 that is!

Naldru

My first thought is that Kria is somewhat experienced in the way of the wold and knows what's going on.

Second thought is that Kria would understand Dan wanting to keep an eye on Alexsis and Pyroduck and wouldn't necessarily view it as cheating.

Third, she would probably view it as Lorenda's right to tear him apart if he was cheating.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

OminousShadow

I can see this ending in 3 ways, some of which you may combine. Good, Bad, or Ugly.

Good:Nothing Happens out of the ordinary happens and Dan and Matilda have a good time.

Bad: Alexsi finds out and will make Dan suffer greatly.

Ugly:Kria finds out, takes it badly because she thinks Dan is Lorenda's Boyfriend, and causes much Chaos until Lorenda comes in and straightens things out.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 10, 2009, 04:09:11 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 10, 2009, 03:43:56 PM
But does Dan actually know advanced shapeshifting like that? Abel only taught him how to hide his headwings, unless I am mistaken (godzilla-tentacles and pac-man-headwings notwithstanding)

If he can change his face a little bit, change clothing and get rid of both sets of wings, he'd be in with a chance.  Also he's got several days to prepare, unlike last time... he could dye his hair or anything.

The back wings should be as simple as the head wings, from what Able said.  And that's the feature most likely to catch the eye.  If he can change his fur color, then Alexsi is unlikely to recognize him unless she's face to face.  Of course, changing the fur color isn't simple, from what Abel has said.  Can Dan master this well enough to disguise himself (as distinct from trying to appear to be Merlitz, for example)?  Maybe we'll see, Dan can sometimes surprise with his competency.

Quote from: tiggertoo on October 10, 2009, 04:17:57 PM
And if all else fails, there is always Jyrras and his patches.

An excellent plan B.  Dan might even choose it as plan A.   And then there is the makeup kit, and for a last resort, Abel's morphing spell.