5/10/09 - [AS2 #70] D:

Started by Feather Dancer, October 05, 2009, 07:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!KCA

Quote from: silentassassin on October 05, 2009, 11:52:46 PM
And then Destania shows up big battle injuries aplenty and we return to where we are now. ....Actually not that bad of an idea now that I think of it.

That won't happen for another 300 years.

Crazy or not, Aniz probably just wanted Abel to stay at SAIA until he got over the "flees in terror from school" phase. I actually rather doubt he'd care if Abel occasionally visited May. Of course, that would be particularly tragic. . .

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sheesh. Come on, guys. Fa'Lina is all natural. No need to change anything.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 06, 2009, 03:38:19 AM

We only have her own statements to that effect. And considering she's a half insane, nigh omnipotent supercreature who cares enough about her looks to change outfits several times a day..... I'm a bit suspicious of her claims :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

silentassassin

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 06, 2009, 08:37:39 AM

We only have her own statements to that effect. And considering she's a half insane, nigh omnipotent supercreature who cares enough about her looks to change outfits several times a day..... I'm a bit suspicious of her claims :P

Well I'm sure with grand knwoledge comes grand knowledge of looks.

Valynth

I DEMAND A TEST!

....just to be sure of course...
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

silentassassin

Quote from: Valynth on October 07, 2009, 03:30:35 AM

I DEMAND A TEST!

Well there is the ol' pokey feely test but then again she literally changes her physique so uhhh Detect Magic? Combines with Dispel? I'm just going for random ideas here.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I don't think detect magic works with 'Cubi shapeshifting. Remember that party of adventurers that visited lost lake? They picked up Dan acting as Alexsi, because there was "Morphing magic", but they thought that Abel really was Merlitz, due to good old fashioned shapeshifting.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

silentassassin

Well in that case we could always go with the tried and true adventurer method. Hit something till it stops moving and then we can hope it changes back to normal if it is a cubi.

Valynth

Quote from: silentassassin on October 07, 2009, 04:58:47 PM
Well in that case we could always go with the tried and true adventurer method. Hit something till it stops moving and then we can hope it changes back to normal if it is a cubi.

"you see red!.... no wait, that's blood..."
"we still gots problem."
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

ishidan

Quote from: Valynth on October 07, 2009, 05:11:54 PM

"you see red!.... no wait, that's blood..."
"we still gots problem."
"Big problem.  *groan* all right.  Who is ready to go find this 'Cubi?"
"Right behind you."

Tapewolf

I hope that's a reference I'm not getting, because if it's an RP it shouldn't be here  :B

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

You know, that's something that I've never quite been sure of. Do 'Cubi have a base form, that it requires effort to shapeshift out of and revert to if they don't actually keep the shapeshift "up", or is their form protean, that when they shift into something else, the new form becomes their "base"?

And how do they manage to keep their balance if they're shifting around their height, weight, sensory modes, *realizes he's going into details that nobody else cares about and shuts up*

silentassassin

No I actually am interested in that corg.

Naldru

Quote from: silentassassin on October 07, 2009, 03:51:22 AM

I DEMAND A TEST!

Well there is the ol' pokey feely test but then again she literally changes her physique so uhhh Detect Magic? Combines with Dispel? I'm just going for random ideas here.
There could be problems trying the pokey-feely test with Fa'Lina.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 07, 2009, 08:36:11 PM
You know, that's something that I've never quite been sure of. Do 'Cubi have a base form, that it requires effort to shapeshift out of and revert to if they don't actually keep the shapeshift "up", or is their form protean, that when they shift into something else, the new form becomes their "base"?

I've heard that 'Cubi naturally heal up if injured, which would suggest they do have a base form.
I imagine that if they die (or are knocked out?) they revert, but that's something only Amber can really answer.

QuoteAnd how do they manage to keep their balance if they're shifting around their height, weight, sensory modes, *realizes he's going into details that nobody else cares about and shuts up*
Practice?  There's a whole load of similar problems, such as gait.  It may be one of the reasons it takes a long time to master.

ishidan

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 07, 2009, 06:59:32 PM
I hope that's a reference I'm not getting, because if it's an RP it shouldn't be here  :B
You mean me?  Yes, it's most certainly a reference.  http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/day05_english.htm

Tapewolf

Quote from: ishidan on October 08, 2009, 08:23:19 AM
You mean me?  Yes, it's most certainly a reference.  http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/day05_english.htm

Okay, thanks.  Valynth put me in the picture anyway.

Chaos

They're real, and they're spectacular.

Attic Rat

Let's see... Aniz is unspeakably evil, it's possible he could have had 39 years to mess with May's mind... and cubi are GOOD at that.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

silentassassin

Quote from: Attic Rat on October 10, 2009, 01:35:36 AM
Let's see... Aniz is unspeakably evil, it's possible he could have had 39 years to mess with May's mind... and cubi are GOOD at that.

Hey he does not qualify for evil, sadistic yes but not evil per se. I mean he hasn't punted any babies out a window for all we know. He is just certaifyibly insane. I mean could an evil person show this kind of fatherly love?

Baal Hadad

Quote from: silentassassin on October 10, 2009, 03:00:56 AM
Quote from: Attic Rat on October 10, 2009, 01:35:36 AM

Hey he does not qualify for evil, sadistic yes but not evil per se. I mean he hasn't punted any babies out a window for all we know. He is just certaifyibly insane. I mean could an evil person show this kind of fatherly love?

That's not fatherly love.  I know he's not saying "if you weren't my son I'd kill you," but from his words that could be implied (if not his expression).

For better evidence I'd give that whole deal about Hennya....

silentassassin

Is the internet so incapable of displaying sarcasm I must lable it?

Baal Hadad

Quote from: silentassassin on October 10, 2009, 04:15:44 AM

Sadly, yes....  *turns red*  That's what emoticons are for, and sometimes you can't even find the right ones....

silentassassin

Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 10, 2009, 04:30:16 AM

Sadly, yes....  *turns red*  That's what emoticons are for, and sometimes you can't even find the right ones....
I don't think we got a sarcasm one Baal

inuhanyo

Hence the use of the fake tag for close sarcasm.

like so.
</sarcasm>

Lego3400

Quote from: silentassassin on October 07, 2009, 03:51:22 AM

I DEMAND A TEST!

She's a centruies old Cuti that is (Most likely) a tri wing founder. Detect Magic is going to react on her weather their shapeshifted or not.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: silentassassin on October 10, 2009, 05:15:32 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 10, 2009, 04:30:16 AM

I don't think we got a sarcasm one Baal

I don't know if there's an embarrassed one either....

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 10, 2009, 06:18:21 PM
Actually, we have at least two:  :sweatdrop :animesweat
Others could possibly be construed as embarrassed  :footinmouth :x

Baal Hadad

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 10, 2009, 06:26:34 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 10, 2009, 06:18:21 PM
Actually, we have at least two:  :sweatdrop :animesweat
Others could possibly be construed as embarrassed  :footinmouth :x

I see--well....  :animesweat  It's easy to get lost with so darned many....

But thanks!