5/10/09 - [AS2 #70] D:

Started by Feather Dancer, October 05, 2009, 07:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feather Dancer

Sorry D: is best I can come up with. High respect for Fa'lina either way tho.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

JackTheCubiWolf

Is it me, or did her uhh "wings" (you know what I really mean) actually shrink during that conversation. Maybe she changes the size at random moments? Oh and, poor Abel, it would suck if I suddenly found out my mom was about to die.
I'm back, and tired.

Tapewolf

Perhaps I'm being a bit cold about this, but I'm a little surprised that Abel blames Aniz for the fact that his mother is mortal.  I mean, the whole "I'll put flowers on your grave" thing was surely a bit of a giveaway.
Granted he was a bit out of sorts at the time, but he remembered the rest of that conversation...

I mean it's sad, yes, but it's not exactly Aniz' fault.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Feather Dancer

I think in part it was Abel's coping mechanism, wishful thinking that she would live more than mortal years like he will just as a reassurance that his mother would be safe. Seems he's more blaming Aniz the fact the whole fisaco even happened and the first time he'll see her again is on her deathbed.

I hope May doesn't accidentaly give him a whole lot more mentral trauma and is able to go peacefully cus I liked her.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Feather Dancer on October 05, 2009, 07:45:15 AM
I think in part it was Abel's coping mechanism, wishful thinking that she would live more than mortal years like he will just as a reassurance that his mother would be safe.
Yeah, that would do it.

QuoteI hope May doesn't accidentaly give him a whole lot more mentral trauma and is able to go peacefully cus I liked her.
Yes.  The worst case is that she's gone senile, mind you.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 05, 2009, 07:49:41 AM
Yes.  The worst case is that she's gone senile, mind you.

"What was that for?"
"It's because you've always been so kind to me, and I won't be seeing you any more, since I'll be killing myself as soon as we reach the honeymoon suite."
*pats hand* "Won't that be nice. She kissed me!"
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

JackTheCubiWolf

Oo, oo, Princess Bride, I love that movie
I'm back, and tired.

Succubus_1982

Aw Fa'lina is almost motherly here. At least Abel has someone looking out for him

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 05, 2009, 07:53:40 AM
"What was that for?"
"It's because you've always been so kind to me, and I won't be seeing you any more, since I'll be killing myself as soon as we reach the honeymoon suite."
*pats hand* "Won't that be nice. She kissed me!"

Gah! I KNOW THAT QUOTE! Where do I know it from?! It's going to bug me for ages now!

EDIT - Well Jack answered the Question  :shifty
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

MT Hazard

Quote from: JackTheCubiWolf on October 05, 2009, 07:39:54 AM
Is it me, or did her uhh "wings" (you know what I really mean) actually shrink during that conversation. Maybe she changes the size at random moments? Oh and, poor Abel, it would suck if I suddenly found out my mom was about to die.

She could just be breathing in and out (out of habit) that and her form has been known to become unstable at time of high emotion.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Pagan

Ya know, I guess this point was made when we first learned May had lived for nearly forty years, but that's a good span of time to live after such a traumatic event. I wonder how May's been doing all this time.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

joshofspam

Oh my. This also means he could meet the family's of his friend that was killed by Aniz.

That could go either way. Hope it goes the forgiving way and not the this is your fault way. :cry
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Abel concieveably has certain leaving the nest issues. If you recall, he had never actually moved out of home, and when Aniz kind of pushed him into SAIA, Fa'Lina took over as a kind of surrogate mother. I'm not saying it's rational, but yes, he probably is angry at someone that his mother is mortal, and since he already dislikes Aniz.......
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

lakobie

You know all the talk of something going bad when Able meets his mom reminds me heavily of this earlier page: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_51.php

Zedd

I wonder how she looks now...Probably not a pretty sight

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Zedd on October 05, 2009, 02:44:12 PM
I wonder how she looks now...Probably not a pretty sight

Possibly something like this. DEFINITELY NSFW!. Except, you know, a cat lady.

And she probably has clothes

And not the same sense of fortitude.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Maril

It will be really depressing if she freaks out and ends up getting mad at him for leaving her or blaming him for what happened or anything like that.  I don't think that'll happen though...  Seems like if Fa'Lina was checking in on her, she would know if she was resentful and probably not have left it till the woman was one foot in the grave to give them a chance to reconcile...  Or she would have at least warned him...

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 05, 2009, 02:53:28 PM

Possibly something like this. DEFINITELY NSFW!.

It's odd: I first heard of that sculpture from its mention in Heinlein's Stranger In A Strange Land. I knew it was by Rodin, but I didn't know until now it was part of his Gates of Hell.

And yes, I agree with every word Heinlein wrote about this lady. We can only hope May's held up half as well.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Roach Lord

Shirou14

I like how it just happens the new abel update is on my birthday ^.=.^ he's my favorite character X3

inuhanyo

Aniz made specific threats if Able saw May again.   But he didn't say anthing about anybody else.  And I imagine Fa'lina could make a very discrete visit, to reassure May that her son was well.

silentassassin

I'd seriously like to know why no one in the comic is questioning the risque outfit Fa'lina is wearing. It seems like it might be common place for this to happen which makes me quite disturbed.  :erk

Lego3400

Quote from: inuhanyo on October 05, 2009, 09:24:29 PM
Aniz made specific threats if Able saw May again.   But he didn't say anthing about anybody else.  And I imagine Fa'lina could make a very discrete visit, to reassure May that her son was well.

Regardless of weather or not Abel goes May will die from natural causes. This is his one and only chance to see her again. They could send Ainz a letter telling him abel went to see her and she'd have died before he got there.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: silentassassin on October 05, 2009, 09:31:28 PM
I'd seriously like to know why no one in the comic is questioning the risque outfit Fa'lina is wearing.
That's because everyone is still recovering from oogling and drooling over it in the last thread. xD

It seems like it might be common place for this to happen which makes me quite disturbed.  :erk
commonplace for what? that Fa'lina's dressed up in such a lovely outfit, or that no one's commenting on what you said?
If the first, then it's actually quite normal for her to dress up in such outfits (and everyone loves her all the more for it). If the second, it is actually rather unusual that no one's commenting (but see above). But if everyone -was- commenting, they'd all be saying "OMG I <3 FAL'LINA BOOBIES!".
And I just might be one of them. :3

Lucheek

Man.... got to be hard. Thinking your mother was safe, only to learn she was slowly dying while you weren't doing nothing to help.

silentassassin

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 05, 2009, 09:49:37 PM
I'd seriously like to know why no one in the comic is questioning the risque outfit Fa'lina is wearing.
That's because everyone is still recovering from oogling and drooling over it in the last thread. xD

It seems like it might be common place for this to happen which makes me quite disturbed.  :erk
commonplace for what? that Fa'lina's dressed up in such a lovely outfit, or that no one's commenting on what you said?
If the first, then it's actually quite normal for her to dress up in such outfits (and everyone loves her all the more for it). If the second, it is actually rather unusual that no one's commenting (but see above). But if everyone -was- commenting, they'd all be saying "OMG I <3 FAL'LINA BOOBIES!".
And I just might be one of them. :3
Well I meant the denizens of the DMFA world .

techmaster-glitch

Oh... well, that's an established cubi thing. They do normally dress in flamboyant and outrageous ways. You didn't know that already?

Shirou14

WAAAAAAIIIIIIT A MOMENT! what if Abels mom, is actually Aniz? what if he managed to swap places with her in a possible moment that Fa'lina wasn't watching? it was 39 years im sure there could have been one or two moments. Abel could be attacked trying to see hiw mother and Aniz would be like. "Haha, knew you would... now you die."

silentassassin

Quote from: Shirou14 on October 05, 2009, 11:38:35 PM
WAAAAAAIIIIIIT A MOMENT! what if Abels mom, is actually Aniz? what if he managed to swap places with her in a possible moment that Fa'lina wasn't watching? it was 39 years im sure there could have been one or two moments. Abel could be attacked trying to see hiw mother and Aniz would be like. "Haha, knew you would... now you die."
And then Destania shows up big battle injuries aplenty and we return to where we are now. ....Actually not that bad of an idea now that I think of it.

Howl

Fa'Lina needs to knock the size down.

silentassassin

If I can imagine her she will just meander about with the sizes for a few centuries maybe find a good look maybe when the regular timeline is she found a good size. Or maybe we are in the middle of the A-ZZZZZZ cup size switerooie extravaganza.