10/10/09 [DMFA #1048] - Shell-phone

Started by Garsemor, October 10, 2009, 04:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garsemor

Ah, they're romance is bloming and Dan get's to keep an eye out for Alexsi at the same time.

Baal Hadad

Oh, no....

His first date and he's USING her....  -_-

And "dinner and a movie"?  Could he BE less original?  :P

Darkdragon

It would be utterly evil for Amber at this point to focus on Abel and the Inn and not let us see their dates, unless something interesting happens at the inn.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Darkdragon on October 10, 2009, 04:34:00 AM
It would be utterly evil for Amber at this point to focus on Abel and the Inn and not let us see their dates, unless something interesting happens at the inn.

I want to see Abel and the Inn!  I won't read this comic anymore if I don't!  :P  (kidding on the second sentence, NOT kidding on the first)

silentassassin

How would uhhh she sit down at a table? I guess she could just stand but wouldn't it be terribly awkward at a booth? Another question raised is how to be inconspuicuious with her? I mean wouldn't you notice her not to mention Dan's bloody wings. Just seems a tad foolish of plan even for Dan.

Dard

Quote from: silentassassin on October 10, 2009, 05:13:47 AM
How would uhhh she sit down at a table? I guess she could just stand but wouldn't it be terribly awkward at a booth?
I'm sure restaurants have special booths to accommodate creatures like Matilda. Well, the better ones at least.
Quote from: silentassassin on October 10, 2009, 05:13:47 AMAnother question raised is how to be inconspuicuious with her? I mean wouldn't you notice her not to mention Dan's bloody wings. Just seems a tad foolish of plan even for Dan.
It may be a foolish plan, but also a good one. A good one for Dan and Matilda!  :)
Unless he messes up of course, and there is plenty of opportunity for that.
Not the least one would be when Matilda finds out Dan was just calling her to spy on his sister.
"Just".
I hate that word.
Like in "It was just a dream". It is never "just"!

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jack McSlay

If Matilda eventually figures out, I just hope she'll find cute he's doing it to look over his sister and not pissed he's asking her on a date just for an excuse to keep an eye on someone else.
If Alexsi figures out, oh dear...
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Dard

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 10, 2009, 05:37:04 AM
If Matilda eventually figures out, I just hope she'll find cute she's doing it to look over his sister and not pissed he's asking her on a date just for an excuse to keep an eye on someone else.
She would be ideal for that. I mean, she has an extra eye that she could use for that task.  :3

I think it absolutely possible that she would be happy to go with it and not be offended, it would fit her personality.
But of course we don't know enough about her to be sure.

Tapewolf

There is another way of looking at this.
Dan may be attempting to keep tabs on Alexsi, but the idea isn't necessarily to follow her around the whole time.  He only needs to be there if an emergency occurs.  Unless that actually happens, it will just be a date with Matilda, pretty much.

The alternative is that Dan is starting to become slightly evil and manipulative, which given that he's also caved into his 'Cubi powers a little is interesting.  In that case it would suck to be Matilda, but on the other hand she is the one who keeps trying pushing him into something he's not necessarily ready for.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lucheek

Double-Date~
It's just going to be really upsetting when Matilda finds out Dan is just using her. :/

John Roh

eep this could end badly and not because he's spying what if Kria finds out and think's Dan is cheating on Lorenda.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 10, 2009, 05:31:50 AM
I do not like where this is heading.

I know the feeling.. kind of like when you just know there's going to be a train wreck somewhere, and then you look down and realize you're sitting on the tracks. Uh-oh.

Lucheek

Quote from: John Roh on October 10, 2009, 08:25:07 AM
eep this could end badly and not because he's spying what if Kria finds out and think's Dan is cheating on Lorenda.
Ooh! I didn't even think of that! If Kria is on the prowl, this will deffinintly not go well!

Jasonrevall

This is going to be interesting. The soup may be about to hit the fan, but one man's agony is another man's pleasure.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tipod

Is she eating Chinese food with a fork? :B
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

inuhanyo

Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 10, 2009, 04:31:40 AM
Oh, no....

His first date and he's USING her....  -_-

And "dinner and a movie"?  Could he BE less original?  :P

The objective being to keep watch over Alexsi, Dan's plans necessarily parallel hers and Pyroduck's.

And we only see Matilda's response, we can only infer what Dan's said.  If it were me, I'd explain the situation up front.  As JackMcSlay and Dard point out, Matilda would probably agree to help out (and enjoy herself in the bargin).

Quote from: Tipod on October 10, 2009, 10:44:44 AM

Chinese takeout, yeah.  Noodles and stuff, a fork works.  Chopsticks were invented so no one would have an excuse to carry a knife in the presence of the Chinese emperor.

Madmann135

I want the cameo of Matty's and Dan's kid not to be a one shot deal, I wanna see her in comic. 

Still we get to see happy Matty and a half happy Dan, Shame he is using her to keep an eye on his sister.  Not like she needs it though.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: inuhanyo on October 10, 2009, 10:56:42 AM
Chinese takeout, yeah.  Noodles and stuff, a fork works.  Chopsticks were invented so no one would have an excuse to carry a knife in the presence of the Chinese emperor.

You mean you haven't figured out how to eat noodles and stuff efficiently with chopsticks?

tsk, tsk, tsk.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

tiggertoo

Quote from: Tipod on October 10, 2009, 10:44:44 AM

Well, Matilda only has two fingers on each hand and no thumbs - chopsticks are really *not* going to work for her.

I do hope this turns out well for Matilda, I'd hate to see her feelings hurt - she's a real sweetie. With her abilities, it should be trivial for her to see that Pyroduck is a Dragon -- hopefully she'll mention it to Dan (don't think she knows Alexsi, but seeing a Dragon out on a date would be something to remark on). Even Dan should get a clue that scary-scary-sister + Dragon date = Dan doesn't have to worry about any Demon attacks. Of course, this *is* Dan we're talking about....

Kipiru

So Dan is using Matilda, ha? Somehow, I think she wouldn't have mind even if she knew! That is why I think they were meant for eachother- she understands his needs! Dan and Matilda FOREVER!  :mowmeep

Gamma

People that nice though, have been known to flip out just because you assumed.
Not because of what you did, but because you assumed they would be OK with it.

And the really nice ones, like Lorenda and Matilda, are not who you want cheesed off. :eek

mmm.... cheddar....
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

MT Hazard

Standard comedy situation number 10.

Guy goes to keep an eye on his sister/mom/ex-girl friend, takes another girl as cover. Part way though the girl realises this isn't a really date and becomes upset or the sister/mom/ex-girl friend,finds out, chaos/hilarity ensues as the guy gets in trouble with his date, the people he's watching and possibly the restaurant staff as well.

That said, Amber will probably manage to twist this into something completely diffrent and even if she doesn't It'll still be funny.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Madmann135

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 10, 2009, 01:50:24 PM
Standard comedy situation number 10.

Guy goes to keep an eye on his sister/mom/ex-girl friend, takes another girl as cover. Part way though the girl realises this isn't a really date and becomes upset or the sister/mom/ex-girl friend,finds out, chaos/hilarity ensues as the guy gets in trouble with his date, the people he's watching and possibly the restaurant staff as well.

That said, Amber will probably manage to twist this into something completely diffrent and even if she doesn't It'll still be funny.

Be afraid Dan, be VERY afraid.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Titanium Dragon

I think this arc will be uncomfortably amusing.

ooklah

And then Kria will be spying on Dan to make sure she's not cheating on Lorenda!
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Shirou14

but wait! isn't Dan supposed to stay at the inn to help abel while Alexsi and PD go out for a date? I mean c'mon, I don't think Abels going to keep a secret like that, and I doubt any plan that involves following them will result good if he's supposed to not be there.

Lego3400

Quote from: Shirou14 on October 10, 2009, 03:26:04 PM
but wait! isn't Dan supposed to stay at the inn to help abel while Alexsi and PD go out for a date? I mean c'mon, I don't think Abels going to keep a secret like that, and I doubt any plan that involves following them will result good if he's supposed to not be there.

Unless Maltilda is already in on the plan and he shape shifts into someone else. Alexsi has never met Matlida so she wouldn't be suspious off a pair of supposed strangers. In other words.... :shapeshifters

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Lego3400 on October 10, 2009, 03:40:26 PM
Unless Maltilda is already in on the plan and he shape shifts into someone else. Alexsi has never met Matlida so she wouldn't be suspious off a pair of supposed strangers. In other words.... :shapeshifters
But does Dan actually know advanced shapeshifting like that? Abel only taught him how to hide his headwings, unless I am mistaken (godzilla-tentacles and pac-man-headwings notwithstanding)

Garsemor

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 10, 2009, 03:43:56 PM
Quote from: Lego3400 on October 10, 2009, 03:40:26 PM
But does Dan actually know advanced shapeshifting like that? Abel only taught him how to hide his headwings, unless I am mistaken (godzilla-tentacles and pac-man-headwings notwithstanding)

Dan's a quick lerner. I think he should be able to figur out how shapeshift his face, at least a little bit, after all it should be easyer than a total form+sex change morphe.