Bunny Has Been laid off

Started by thegayhare, October 08, 2009, 12:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

This has been a weired couple of days.

On monday My boss failed to show up to work.  So we spent the day scrambling abit but it wasn't anything to major.  We figured she was sick, or her phone broke some how, or something like that.  how ever it's now wednessday and still no contact.  We've called her, the owners called her, we've left messages and still nothing.  However we know she's in washington DC because she called one of the other stores and talked to there manager.

Well since the owners can't rely on her anymore they re looking for a new store manager.  and they are looking to promote from within.  so far 4 people signed up for interviews but I think only two of us realy have any chance.  Me and cliff were already being trined to be shiftleaders so I think it's more likely that one of us will get the position.  

It's just so weird that this could happen so quick.

Wish me luck everyone

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

silentassassin

Just remember where the fire extuinguishers are and I think you'll be good.

Joe3210

"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

thegayhare

When the sign pu sheet came down there were 5 names
Me Cliff Roberta, heather and Kathy

Roberta has no chance I think.  I mean getting her to do any work is like pulling teeth sometimes, and most shifts she spends trying to figure out how to get out of there early, and she never does the paper work

Kathy just isn't too stable.  plus she delights in annoying her coworkers.

Heather would be a good managre but she has 2 other jobs already which limit her hours so I'm not sure if she has the time

So  atleast in my thinking it's down to me and cliff

We've both been trained to do the invintory and recive load but neither of us knows how to place the orders so It should be close

thegayhare

Welp I was interviewed for the managers position today
I was the last one interviewed

I'm not sure how it went I made them laugh a couple timesand they like my answers so here we go. 

I'm realy hopping to get this so folks send me all the positive energy you can spare and hopefuly I can get this new position

Succubus_1982

Good Luck Hare I'd keep my fingers crossed for you but alas we possessed coffee mugs don't have fingers  :P
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Joe3210

Quote from: thegayhare on October 15, 2009, 08:57:20 PM
Welp I was interviewed for the managers position today
I was the last one interviewed

I'm not sure how it went I made them laugh a couple timesand they like my answers so here we go. 

I'm realy hopping to get this so folks send me all the positive energy you can spare and hopefuly I can get this new position
Any news?

Hopefully good news at that.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

thegayhare

unfortunatly
no it's not good news

The bunny didn't get the job
one of the girls did

The one with a number of other jobs already

*sighs*

in fat the bunny has been losing hours and it's gettign a little frustrating

sorry hon

and thanks

techmaster-glitch

Awww, that's too bad, bunny :mowsad Just keep truckin, another opportunity will present itself someday!

Succubus_1982

Awww I'm so sorry to hear that hare! Bosses in general........suck.....  :hug Best of luck with the future and getting things sorted.

thegayhare

Guess what

The bunny is laid off

My boss pulled me aside tonight and told me not to come in tomorrow

What a yo yo trip this is From possibly beining the boss to being un employed

christ this sucks

well I'v got 400 in the bank so I can probably keep up my car payments for a bit

techmaster-glitch

Holy HELL. What reason do they have for doing that? (and what store did you work at, anyway?)

Geeze, this does suck. I wish you luck in getting through this...

thegayhare

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 05, 2009, 11:06:51 PM
Holy HELL. What reason do they have for doing that? (and what store did you work at, anyway?)

Geeze, this does suck. I wish you luck in getting through this...

It's a small subway shop
The reason stated was the previous manager simply hired to many people

but that doesn't smell right
I was one of the first people they hired and they fired me after schedualed me for 3 weeks of work only to say don't bother comming in.    pluss they get rid of me nd keep the two biggest schlubs in roberta and kathy

I honestly don't know what it's about but it's frustrating as hell

Kafzeil

Quote from: thegayhare on November 05, 2009, 11:58:03 PM
It's a small subway shop
The reason stated was the previous manager simply hired to many people

but that doesn't smell right
I was one of the first people they hired and they fired me after schedualed me for 3 weeks of work only to say don't bother comming in.    pluss they get rid of me nd keep the two biggest schlubs in roberta and kathy

I honestly don't know what it's about but it's frustrating as hell

I hear you man. Simmlair thing happened to me a few months back. I feel your pain.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Succubus_1982

OH THOSE SONS OF.......

You have no idea how angry hearing this makes me Hare. You have officially been screwed by your company. Are you in any union? If so you should definately look into getting some action.

I knew I hated Subway for a good reason. Crappy cheap-ass sandwich shop!

:hug I wish I could help you out but I'm broke and unemployed myself so theres no way I could. I'm here for the support though if you feel like ranting. Been through that far too many times before and know the feeling of despair and worthlessness losing a job generates.

So sorry Hare hun  :<

rt

*guesses*

If you've been there the longest, it is likely you are the highest paid, thus the biggest savings.

Or some businesses are just idiots, and if they've been making alot of odd/bad decisions they'll end up running the store into the ground anyways so either way you were doomed.

Happy job hunt / Good Luck

Reese Tora

If it was a decision made by the newly elevated boss, it could have been because she is afraid of having you as a subordinate since you clearly are one of the more competent employees, and her new position, in her mind, might be threatened by your presence...

just my WAG
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 07, 2009, 06:02:41 AM
If it was a decision made by the newly elevated boss, it could have been because she is afraid of having you as a subordinate since you clearly are one of the more competent employees, and her new position, in her mind, might be threatened by your presence...

If so, it'll be interesting to see what state the place is in 6-12 months down the line.

Anyway, Hare, I'm sorry to hear this.  I hope you find something else soon.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sprocketsdance

:hug I'm sorry TGH.. You deserve better than subway though, that's for sure! My guess is that someone er... provided certain services for someone else of higher rank... seems like that's how it goes.  :< I wish you the best of luck  :hug You'll make it through and you'll be better than a guy who makes subs.  :)

Vidar

Welcome to the Club of Unemployed people. The paperwork will arrive in 6 to 8 weeks.  :cry
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

JackTheCubiWolf

The one who fired you, was it the one made boss, or one of the higher ups?
I'm back, and tired.

Darkmoon

Well, they didn't fire you for cause, so it's time to claim unemployment.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

thegayhare

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on November 10, 2009, 12:22:27 AM
Well, they didn't fire you for cause, so it's time to claim unemployment.

Well sad to say it looks like thats not an option hon
I just got notice from unemployment.

I didn't make enough money to qualify.

I swear to god this shit is pissing me off

and my bckup plan might not be all that good either

ooklah

wow that really sounds like backstabbing all over. =(
Though if that's really how they treat their employees, do you really want to be working there?
Hopefully it's for the better though and something much better comes soon for you.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."