10/04/09 [DMFA #1046] - Helpout

Started by Tapewolf, October 04, 2009, 02:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

It hasn't been that long since Dan was at death's door, either...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Baal Hadad

latei

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't she going out with Pyroduck? Or is this going to be a date with Pyroduck? I just automaticaaly assumed it would be a date with some random.

wolf-hunter90

it the end of the world ..... just kidding. good for her for whipping ducky to go a date with her. we all know that she wares the "pants" in this relationship
:trap

Wanderer

Quote from: wolf-hunter90 on October 04, 2009, 08:05:00 AM
it the end of the world ..... just kidding. good for her for whipping ducky to go a date with her. we all know that she wares the "pants" in this relationship

You do know that's a picture of Dan, I hope.

Tapewolf

Quote from: latei on October 04, 2009, 04:53:46 AM
Wait, I'm confused. Isn't she going out with Pyroduck? Or is this going to be a date with Pyroduck?

I would assume it's a date with Pyroduck.  I may be wrong, and we haven't been following every second of their lives, but I don't think Dan knows about Alexsi and Pyroduck.

MT Hazard

The comment about Regina not being that stupid stuck me as odd. Didn't an earlier comic point out she was exactly that stupid (and petty)?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Failcakes

I do not see this ending well for either party involved.  :<

thegayhare

This could be intersting

Alexsi on a date with a dragon

Alexi's mom on an antidragon crusade, and has recently been concerned with her family,

She's probably been keeping Tabs on them some how.

This could lead to epic parental overreaction

And falina will jump in to save her future grandbabies

then everyone will eat pie

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: thegayhare on October 04, 2009, 09:28:15 AM

The pie cooking will be handled by Hare And Abel Enterprises.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ghostwish

Here's hoping she dresses up pretty-like. ^_-

Lucheek

Somehow, Amber's warning of "tears for the tear throne" plus this comic doesn't bode well....

Baal Hadad

This could be intersting

Alexi's mom on an antidragon crusade, and has recently been concerned with her family,

That does sound interesting....

Just hope Dan and Abel won't have to pose as Alexsi and Merlitz again....   :giggle

ChaosMageX

Hey, I just noticed that the last panel of this comic and the last panel of the previous comic have something in common.

My, what sharp teeth both Dan and Kria have.

Icon by Sunblink

Shirou14

okay, I hacve to ask, what does Alexsi's last line "it hasn't been that long" mean? I don't get it, and I fear I am missing something important.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Shirou14 on October 04, 2009, 01:16:24 PM
okay, I hacve to ask, what does Alexsi's last line "it hasn't been that long" mean? I don't get it, and I fear I am missing something important.

I believe Alexsi took Dan's reaction to her announcement as a snip at her lack of or inability to find dates.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Baal Hadad

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on October 04, 2009, 01:31:07 PM

I believe Alexsi took Dan's reaction to her announcement as a snip at her lack of or inability to find dates.

I thought that it referred to what he said in the previous panel, about keeping his guard up and making sure everyone he knows stays alert and cautious--him having to help Abel with the inn while Alexsi goes on a date seems to make that difficult....

ishidan

Quote from: Wanderer on October 04, 2009, 08:09:49 AM
Quote from: wolf-hunter90 on October 04, 2009, 08:05:00 AM

You do know that's a picture of Dan, I hope.
y.e.e.e.s.s.s...that's the joke.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 04, 2009, 03:45:30 PM

I thought that it referred to what he said in the previous panel, about keeping his guard up and making sure everyone he knows stays alert and cautious--him having to help Abel with the inn while Alexsi goes on a date seems to make that difficult....

Dan's response does seem to be referring to Alexsi's going out on a date and leaving the 'safety' of his protection (*snerk*) at the Inn in what he perceives as dangerous times, however, I believe Alexsi wasn't privy to Dan and Lorenda's conversation and is therefore taking Dan's remark/reaction as a snarky response about her dating frequency... or lack thereof.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Baal Hadad

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on October 04, 2009, 04:19:23 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 04, 2009, 03:45:30 PM

Dan's response does seem to be referring to Alexsi's going out on a date and leaving the 'safety' of his protection (*snerk*) at the Inn in what he perceives as dangerous times, however, I believe Alexsi wasn't privy to Dan and Lorenda's conversation and is therefore taking Dan's remark/reaction as a snarky response about her dating frequency... or lack thereof.

There you go--except that I also thought Dan's response was referring to him staying in the inn, making him unable to make sure everyone he knows stays alert and cautious.  Surely that includes more than Alexsi....  :P

Naldru

I agree with the previous post that Dan doesn't know about the relationship between Pyroduck and Alexsis.

However, Regina doesn't know about Pyroduck.  I also have a feeling that Alexsis is somewhat better at self-defense than Dan gives her credit for.  Regina might view Pyroduck and Alxexsis as an easy target, but it would probably be Regina's blood painting the town red if she tried going after them.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Naldru on October 04, 2009, 06:08:58 PM
I agree with the previous post that Dan doesn't know about the relationship between Pyroduck and Alexsis.

However, Regina doesn't know about Pyroduck.  I also have a feeling that Alexsis is somewhat better at self-defense than Dan gives her credit for.  Regina might view Pyroduck and Alexsi as an easy target, but it would probably be Regina's blood painting the town red if she tried going after them.

Yes, Alexsi is an unknown quantity to Regina.   Considering that Alexsi scares Abel, on one occasion badly enough to hide under the stairs, I dare say Regina would have an unpleasant surprise if she went after Alexsi. 

Regina might be able to realize that Pyroduck is a dragon, but I wouldn't give her good odds of it.

bradypodidae

I don't think Uncle Aliph and Regina will be much of a worry for a while... ==> #1011 & #1012. Unless Regina sneaks out on her own... hmmm...

Avi by Tabi

USMC

ooklah

The Ducky would be the wild card in any attempts to get to Alexi by Regina.  He could just sit on her like he did to Abel if necessary.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Lego3400

This could be intersting

Unless Duckie was adopted by Falina AFTER Destina left, which I doubt considering that was less then 30 years prior to the story line, she probably already knows who is if not knowing him personally and likely wouldn't wouldn't have any problem with it.

Starcat5

Lego3400: Since there is a BAN on having younglings (Curse you George Lucas! I did NOT need that word in my lexicon!) on school grounds, chances are that Duckie has never even BEEN there, and thus Destina would never have met him anyway. As such, the When of his adoption really doesn't factor much.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Madd the Sane

Alexsi and Pyroduck, sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G!
Alexsi and Pyroduck shouldn't have any problems except the normal dating stuff. And knowing Amber, we'll probably only see a panel or two of the date, most likely at the end of a strip. :D
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Lego3400

Quote from: starcat5 on October 05, 2009, 10:14:43 AM
Lego3400: Since there is a BAN on having younglings (Curse you George Lucas! I did NOT need that word in my lexicon!) on school grounds, chances are that Duckie has never even BEEN there, and thus Destina would never have met him anyway. As such, the When of his adoption really doesn't factor much.

Or maybe the fact that Falina makes the rules she can also make exceptions. Seeing as she rarely leaves SAIA, there would be no time for her to raise Duckie unless he was at the school. Secondly, it's also possible the fact that Pryoduck was at the school resulted in the rule. Maybe he burned stuff down too many times. Who knows.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on October 05, 2009, 01:06:59 PM
Or maybe the fact that Falina makes the rules she can also make exceptions.

Quite.  Besides, raising a baby dragon to try and bridge the gap between two races (for example) is a rather different matter to a student getting knocked up.

(I'm not saying that's what she did or why, but if I was going to do something like that and wanted to ask about getting an exemption, that's how I'd pitch it).

Corgatha Taldorthar

With Fa'Lina's level of power, you can't rule out the possibility that she raised Pyroduck somewhere away from SAIA. I wouldn't put it past her to be in more than one place at one time.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.