09/14/09 [DMFA #1043] - Press + Demons = Uh-oh....

Started by Baal Hadad, September 14, 2009, 02:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baal Hadad

I was wondering when that was going to come up again, about Dan being Lorenda's "boyfriend"....   :giggle

senrath

Ah, double entendres.  Gotta love 'em.  I also love the transition from serious face to, erm, not serious face.

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 14, 2009, 02:11:36 AM
A fine sword indeed!

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho~

Okay, until you said that I didn't know what "double entendre" there was in this comic....  *is embarrassed*

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Baal Hadad on September 14, 2009, 02:13:38 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 14, 2009, 02:11:36 AM
A fine sword indeed!

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho~

Okay, until you said that I didn't know what "double entendre" there was in this comic....

I'm sure the answer to your proverbial question would have penetrated you eventually.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Kuari

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 14, 2009, 02:14:11 AM
I'm sure the answer to your proverbial question would have penetrated you eventually.
...  Alexsi missed a target...

Anyways, wonder how the press responded to Lorenda tackling her mom, heh...  she always has a habit of embarassing her worse than most moms.

senrath

Quote from: Kuari on September 14, 2009, 02:26:33 AM

Anyways, wonder how the press responded to Lorenda tackling her mom, heh...  she always has a habit of embarassing her worse than most moms.
Especially since most moms don't have the power to hold press conferences.

Janus Whitefurr

I aim to rise to the occasion.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kuari

I don't think he was referring to bread...  and if he was, not the kind I'd want.

Baal Hadad

What did I do...?

Anyway, on-topic, I like how what happened in that very short previous chapter is now bearing fruit here--and it makes me want even more to know what's going on behind the scenes....

moktay0000

Quote from: Kuari on September 14, 2009, 02:45:41 AM
I don't think he was referring to bread...  and if he was, not the kind I'd want.
mmmmmm bread... hot ....and ......ooooooooommmmm  :hug

Tapewolf

Swords aside, I'm wondering what Destania thinks about that announcement.  No doubt Kria did the 'unfounded' thing the last couple of times DP came back.

Possible reactions include:

"Oh ____, I've just sent my only child to his death..."

"Dan is dating the Dark Pegasus' niece.  They must have joined forces."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 14, 2009, 03:43:34 AM
Swords aside, I'm wondering what Destania thinks about that announcement.  No doubt Kria did the 'unfounded' thing the last couple of times DP came back.

Actually I'm wondering if she would even know it at this point--though I have no reason to think otherwise, there's no hard and fast evidence that Kria mentioned Dan's name.  She doesn't say it here, she says "an adventurer."  That could be anybody, plus Dan's supposed to be a retired adventurer so people might even think she was talking about one that wasn't retired--ergo, not Dan.

Ganurath

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 14, 2009, 02:32:00 AM

I aim to rise to the occasion.
I see what you did there.

I can't wait to see the look on Dan's face when he find's out he's dating Lorenda... And has to tell Matilda!
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Baal Hadad on September 14, 2009, 03:01:40 AM
Anyway, on-topic, I like how what happened in that very short previous chapter is now bearing fruit

Fruit.... of the looms! Bwoahahahaha!

(Aaaand I'm done. *flees the thread*)

ChaosMageX

Okay, aside from the hilarious double entrendre in this strip, I guess I'll be the first to ask:

What is that logo on the podium and wall (blocked by Kria's speech bubbles)?
Is it the crest of the Soulstealer family?
Is it the symbol or flag of the city of Zynvth?

Icon by Sunblink

ishidan

Yeah, it looks more like Kria was just keeping up her reputation of "can't go thirty seconds without embarrassing the daughter" than naming Dan as Lorenda's BF.

Thirty Second Artbomb

Quote from: ChaosMageX on September 14, 2009, 03:58:56 AM
Okay, aside from the hilarious double entrendre in this strip, I guess I'll be the first to ask:

What is that logo on the podium and wall (blocked by Kria's speech bubbles)?
Is it the crest of the Soulstealer family?
Is it the symbol or flag of the city of Zynvth?

Perhaps this can help you?

Brownie

Lorenda needs a Spanner.
It worked for Winry!

LORENDA RRAAGGEE!!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on September 14, 2009, 03:51:21 AM
Actually I'm wondering if she would even know it at this point--though I have no reason to think otherwise, there's no hard and fast evidence that Kria mentioned Dan's name.  She doesn't say it here, she says "an adventurer."

Yes, but (as Biggs) she told him:  "Ooh, that's right!  You're an adventurer, yes?  The hacky?  The slashy?  Yes?  How would you like to earn some money stabbing something?"

...so, she's just sent "an adventurer" to the Soulstealers, and now it's announced that Lorenda is dating one.

Quote from: Thirty Second Artbomb on September 14, 2009, 04:09:22 AM
Perhaps this can help you?

Not if you're at work  :U
Fortunately I also have an unmonitored data channel (aka an HTC Dream with data card) so for people who don't want FA on their logs, or are viewing this with Lynx, that is a link to the background art for this comic.  The text says that it is the Zinvth crest, and the red gem on the desk acts both as a mic and as a language translator.

Fex

I will never be able to look at a sword normally. :<

Ganurath

Quote from: Fex on September 14, 2009, 04:34:21 AM
I will never be able to look at a sword normally. :<
Just be glad she said "adventurer" rather than "incubus." She'd be referring to his tentacles instead.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Madd the Sane

D: Tentacle raep!

And Miss Kria has a dirty mind. :B No doubt Amber finds it difficult to write for her. As she has said before.

Hmm... If Abel was watching this broadcast, would he be traumatized by how much Kria has changed?
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

JackTheCubiWolf

Can Kira ever go one second without embarrassing Lorenda (don't hurt me if I spelled her name wrong) And that symbol reminds me of a character from Keychain of Creation.
I'm back, and tired.

Lucheek

Dan actually has quiet a large collection of diffrent sword types that he can make just appear out of nowhere. One sword, actually, has made special friends with Fi.

:U

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 14, 2009, 03:43:34 AM

I can't imagine anyone, well, anyone smart, taking anything Kria says too seriously. Dee's pretty sharp, she'd probably go checking herself, or send some sort of agent. I'd be pretty surprised if she doesn't know about Matilda.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 14, 2009, 08:01:26 AM
I can't imagine anyone, well, anyone smart, taking anything Kria says too seriously. Dee's pretty sharp, she'd probably go checking herself, or send some sort of agent. I'd be pretty surprised if she doesn't know about Matilda.

This is true.  However, the facts remain that DP returned, and that Kria believes Dan is dating Lorenda.  IMHO a lot rests on whether Biggs' agents will be able to get background to this, or just the basic facts.
A lot will also depend on what DP does - last we saw, he was contemplating the possibility of utilising Dan as a means to forge an alliance with Cyra clan.

Succubus_1982

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha *laughs like a lunatic for some minutes* Oh..... I FREAKING LOVE KRIA! She's so filthy minded its funny.
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Ghostwish

Hrm, it seems Kria is determined not to let Abel trounce her in DMFA's Most Awkward Moment Creators.

Edit: Thank you spellcheck. I would have never guessed that 'her' is supposed to spelled 'here' without you.  :mowignore