09/14/09 [DMFA #1043] - Press + Demons = Uh-oh....

Started by Baal Hadad, September 14, 2009, 02:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer

Man, Pai-Gon is going to give Amber a concussion at this rate.

joshofspam

Oh Kria. I can't figure out if its just your old power is right demon way of thinking or that your making crewed comments on Dan's rarely used sword.

I mean does to much information imply here or is Kria clueless as usual to the possible double meaning she just possible unintentionally implied here?

Soory gang didn't see this page already have a comment on it until after the post. I need glasses.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

icarus

and kria once again takes the crown as my favourite character.

man it says something that i love jerks with a sense of humor. kria is a bit like a sane, less-evil Joker.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Corgatha Taldorthar

The more I look at it, the more I like the transition from serious faced Kria in the second panel, to the grin and thumbs up in the third.

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

senrath

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: senrath on September 14, 2009, 10:26:43 AM
Quote from: icarus on September 14, 2009, 09:38:33 AM
kria is a bit like a sane, less-evil Joker.
I'm not sure if I'd call her sane.

Or less evil to be honest. She's wiped out entire cities, and seems to want Lorenda to do the same.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Succubus_1982

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 14, 2009, 10:31:52 AM

Or less evil to be honest. She's wiped out entire cities, and seems to want Lorenda to do the same.

But thats what makes her LOVEABLE!  :P
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

icarus

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 14, 2009, 10:31:52 AM

but i am comparing her to the joker.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm willing to bet Kria has a higher fictional body count than the Joker.

And has been in syndication for a much shorter period of time.

icarus

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 14, 2009, 10:53:16 AM

you'd be surprised. the animated series dumbed joker down considerably. he kills LOTS of people in the comics. regularly. unashamedly. runs them over in cars while kidnapping robin just to screw with robin's head, in fact.

you know the episode where he makes the fish all grin? that was originally a comic, and a LOT of people died in it. just about anyone who batman goes "he'll be okay" in the show died in the comic.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm not working with the kiddy animation Joker as my base model.

I just can't see how he can compete with a monster with actual superpowers, living for over 400 years, and the idea of atacking a city and slaughtering its inhabitants as an idea of passing the time.

icarus

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  Ah yes, the tried and true technique of dispelling interest in legitimate matters by creating a sex scandal.

Kria must have access to human politics somehow...

She's in leaque with the Fae and is getting information from the human world!  It's a conspiracy!

*Charline attempts to get the attention of the press... but the next day it is revealed that Charline has been involved in a love triangle involving Charles and Jyrras!  She is discredited immediately.  And thus, the conspiracy goes on!   >:3 *
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Caswin

Ooh, excellent work on Kria.

I say, is that the insignia of... uh... I'm afraid to guess for some reas-
*sees*
Ohh.  Very interesting!
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Kitesfear

Personally, I'm more of a poleaxe or halberd adventurer.

Tho the original Medieval: Total War did make be a fan on the Bill.

...what? What did you think I was talking about?  :P

Corgatha Taldorthar

One of the things that the comic made me think of was "A pole-arm double entendre might have been a better choice."

Yeah, I'm that lame.

Madmann135

Quote from: icarus on September 14, 2009, 11:10:25 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 14, 2009, 10:53:16 AM

you'd be surprised. the animated series dumbed joker down considerably. he kills LOTS of people in the comics. regularly. unashamedly. runs them over in cars while kidnapping robin just to screw with robin's head, in fact.

you know the episode where he makes the fish all grin? that was originally a comic, and a LOT of people died in it. just about anyone who batman goes "he'll be okay" in the show died in the comic.

I even herd a story that Joker killed with poisoned cotton candy...

All I have to say is... Kira is one interesting parent.  To be able to go from serous to dirty minded in 1.2 seconds flat is impressive.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

jeffh4

I hearby nominate Kria for her own, Mature-Rated spin-off comic entitled "The Kria Kronicles." Blood, guts, death, and more innuendos than you can haul away in a body bag!

OminousShadow

Kria, without a doubt, is insanely awesome. What will be more awesome is if Abel and Kria meet face to face very soon and their is a big, resounding, WTF!?!?! from them.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Succubus_1982

Quote from: jeffh4 on September 14, 2009, 09:47:43 PM
I hearby nominate Kria for her own, Mature-Rated spin-off comic entitled "The Kria Kronicles." Blood, guts, death, and more innuendos than you can haul away in a body bag!

Oooh where do I subscribe to that!  :P
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

radarnocturn

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 14, 2009, 11:33:35 AM
I'm not working with the kiddy animation Joker as my base model.

I just can't see how he can compete with a monster with actual superpowers, living for over 400 years, and the idea of atacking a city and slaughtering its inhabitants as an idea of passing the time.

He can beat that.  Look up the Emperor Joker book.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joker_(comics)   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Mxyzptlk

Wizard magazine once did a list of villians, the Joker came out as number 1.

In the mini-series Underworld Unleashed, the Trickster remarks, "When super-villains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories."

radarnocturn

This makes me wonder if Amber should change the rating for this comic to PG-13.  And Kria is still my favorite!  I have that hot milf as the background on my travel laptop!

Brunhidden

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Naldru

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on September 14, 2009, 10:24:37 PM

Well, there was discussion a while ago about the possibility of a character by Max Black Rabbit appearing as a guest in DMFA.  Kria would probably fit in well with Eric Schwartz's other site.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

ishidan

Quote from: Naldru on September 16, 2009, 01:07:32 PM
Quote from: Succubus_1982 on September 14, 2009, 10:24:37 PM

Well, there was discussion a while ago about the possibility of a character by Max Black Rabbit appearing as a guest in DMFA.  Kria would probably fit in well with Eric Schwartz's other site.
Don't even need dialogue.  Just Kria and ZigZag expressively talking in the foreground-clearly exchanging 'interesting' stories', and Lorenda and Sabrina charging in from their respective sides, horrified expressions on their faces, for the 'SHUT UP NOW!' tackles.
Which results in all four of them being jammed together as the pincer-tackle meets in the middle, in turn resulting in a four way tangle on the floor.  I know ZigZag wouldn't be able to resist a fanservicely comment.

Teroniss

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 16, 2009, 12:39:29 PM
Quote from: foxxfurry on September 16, 2009, 12:15:34 PM
What, Who, Sir Gianna?

its Jyjys last name, and i assume he is a 'sir'

My assuption is that Kria is just being super formal, and that Jyjy isnt actually knighted.

bradypodidae

Kria's attempt at throwing off the paparazzi/tabloid press was doomed from the beginning to do Lorenda any favors. Lorenda will always be a target since she resides with Jyrras. Even if she were to move out the hounding would continue and probably worsen as the rumor mongers would invent reasons for her leaving.

It has been noted that Lorenda has no qualms at taking out (devouring) predators, I'm rooting for her to add parasites to the dinner menu...
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC