09/13/09 [DMFA #1042] - Press Issues

Started by techmaster-glitch, September 13, 2009, 01:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Deebs is right; they need to stockpile them 'mallows! xD

Janus Whitefurr

Deebs can has mallow. </lolcat>

I totally feel for fluff-tuft, though. Basement campout sounds like  good way to avoid the paparazzi!
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Baal Hadad

Okay, so....

Did Abel change back now...?

senrath

And as usual, Deebs makes me go "D'awww!"

JackTheCubiWolf

To bad Jy isn't a cubi, then he could just sit in a dark room instead to wait it out.
I'm back, and tired.

LeftBlank

Quote from: Baal Hadad on September 13, 2009, 02:02:46 AM
Okay, so....

No.

Look at 'his' face, the current (present day) 'normal' Abel hairstyle has a 'widow's peak' (hair tuff) in the middle of the forehead, only the 'female' and 'younger' hairstyle versions lack that feature.

i.e. Look at him when he's being shown around the inn, then look at him when 'he' answers the door...

Baal Hadad

Quote from: LeftBlank on September 13, 2009, 02:25:00 AM
Okay, so....

No.

Look at 'his' face, the current (present day) 'normal' Abel hairstyle has a 'widow's peak' (hair tuff) in the middle of the forehead, only the 'female' and 'younger' hairstyle versions lack that feature.

i.e. Look at him when he's being shown around the inn, then look at him when 'he' answers the door...

I was gonna say it looks more like bangs than a widow's peak, but wow....   :erk

I need to pay better attention to things like that....

Gamma

I just got creeped out....
I read the new comic and "D'awwwed" over Deebs reappearance aswell but then continued on to other webcomics and pages. I've been smelling marshmallow ever since and do at this very moment  :erk

I, I think Deebs broke the portion of my brain that senses smells.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

ooklah

no couch cushions?! For shame! Couch Cushions are far superior in fort building.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Ganurath

Wolves? Where?

Also, you'd think paparazzi would avoid their literal predators.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Demont

Okay, so....

I don't think Alexis will let Able change back infont of Lorenda

MT Hazard

Doesn't Jy have a second home for this kind of thing?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Succubus_1982

Ah for a while now the comics have been so serious I've not been sure how to comment then the Abel/Abella, spritzing and now this. Glad the funnies are still available for us fans of the simpler things in life. Not that plot isn't awesome of course. It's just when we were going through that whole Mab 'EVERYONE WILL DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' bit I was feeling a bit depressed. Deebs is an instant mood lifter!  :boogie
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm half surprised Jyrras hasn't tried to build something that would make him invisible.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Scarydragon

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 13, 2009, 08:03:38 AM
I'm half surprised Jyrras hasn't tried to build something that would make him invisible.

Maybe he did, but we can't tell because he's also hiding in his fort. :3

As for Amber's comment on Canada's "two weeks of summer", I dunno what kind of weather she's been getting, but it's been a fairly hot summer in the prairie provinces.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Thirty Second Artbomb

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 13, 2009, 04:51:52 AM

See, you're assuming the press will let him out of the house long enough to get to the second home, then leave him alone once he gets there.

Succubus_1982

Well that reminds me. Jyrras' mother. She's a lawyer I'm sure she can make the step to PA and give him advice on getting out of this fix. Or through it with some dignity

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on September 13, 2009, 08:31:53 AM
Well that reminds me. Jyrras' mother. She's a lawyer I'm sure she can make the step to PA and give him advice on getting out of this fix. Or through it with some dignity

Rule of Funny states that any attempt his mom makes will only make the situation worse.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

thegayhare

Wait did the artical mention he was gay?  Does Mab one of the instigators of the comic know he's gay?

Does deebs... *Brain melts from the cuteness*

I will admit some thing in this one realy makes me happy.  I like how Deebs calls him Daddy here.  it just adds to the cuteness

bradypodidae

I'm still surprised that Jyrras hadn't informed Lorenda that Abel is cubi. If he did, then I would surmise Lorenda doesn't know about cubi abilities such as shape-shifting.

There are only two seasons in Florida; Summer and February.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Naldru

Quote from: Ganurath on September 13, 2009, 04:16:05 AM
Wolves? Where?

Also, you'd think paparazzi would avoid their literal predators.
It could be that the Lost Lake Inn is a "no predation" zone like the bar in Suburban Jungle.  In that case, killing and devouring (or devouring without killing) the paparazzi would be forbidden, and beating them up would be as far as Lorenda can go.  Maybe Kria could hire herself out as a bodyguard to Jyrras.  That would also be an opportunity for Abel to meet Kria again.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Lucheek

Baal Hadad

Forgive me if this has been brought up, but...since Lorenda wasn't aware of Abel's shapeshifting ability, does that mean cubi can but demons can't, or is Lorenda "not enough of a demon" to know?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on September 13, 2009, 01:33:37 PM
Forgive me if this has been brought up, but...since Lorenda wasn't aware of Abel's shapeshifting ability, does that mean cubi can but demons can't, or is Lorenda "not enough of a demon" to know?

'Cubi are shapeshifters as a natural trait.  AFAIK Demons can only shapeshift in significant ways by means of spells, such as Kria's wing-hiding amulet.  Demons do have shapeshifting-like traits, though, such as the ability to harden their skin reflexively.  DP is also able to resize his wings according to the cast page, but I'm not sure if that's a generic ability or some spell he learned.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arapaima

I like the perspective changes used in this strip.
Someone will remember you, sometime.
Just try and sleep with the music on, all the time.
Well I'm sorry kid, tonight you sleep outside.

Failcakes

Oh man
I totally made a bedsheet tent last night no joke
it was like

man
i drank yoohoos and read dean koontz till four in the morning

Succubus_1982

TheJimTimMan

You would think his top secret underground lab would be more suited to this purpose, although I can't think of a better way to return to a less serious atmosphere...

MT Hazard

Quote from: TheJimTimMan on September 13, 2009, 06:06:54 PM
You would think his top secret underground lab would be more suited to this purpose, although I can't think of a better way to return to a less serious atmosphere...

And what better way to reveal he has a secret lab as to visit it while the press are around, looking though the windows....
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Joe3210

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 13, 2009, 06:32:19 PM

And what better way to reveal he has a secret lab as to visit it while the press are around, looking though the windows....
If I had a secret base of operations, it would have a backdoor entrance and all.  Especially so if it was a secret base of operations.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl