Marvel has betrayed us all!

Started by Alondro, August 31, 2009, 11:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

Well, I guess I'm fine as long as they don't just press the restart button on the Marvel movies. Seriously they spent so long building up the Avengers that if Disney decides to restat everything all over again, I'm done with Marvel movies. Entirely and in every form.

RJ

Does this mean we'll get a rip-off cartoon of Batman: The Brave and the Bold? :U

Because I would actually like that...

Alondro

Quote from: RJ on September 01, 2009, 07:35:57 AM
Does this mean we'll get a rip-off cartoon of Batman: The Brave and the Bold? :U

Nope. Batman is DC.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kuari

Quote from: Rakala on September 01, 2009, 06:45:59 AM
Well, I guess I'm fine as long as they don't just press the restart button on the Marvel movies. Seriously they spent so long building up the Avengers that if Disney decides to restat everything all over again, I'm done with Marvel movies. Entirely and in every form.

Yeah, the article already said Marvel is under contract for those movies, so Disney can't do anything about them :p

rabid_fox

Mostly, I hope all of the Marvel twatbags fears come true because god dammit, they deserve it.

Oh dear.

bill

Quote from: rabid_fox on September 01, 2009, 08:01:21 PM

Mostly, I hope all of the Marvel twatbags fears come true because god dammit, they deserve it.
is anything by them even any good these days

i mean, if Disney fucked them up, would anyone be able to tell?

Keleth

*Flashback to a few decades ago*

"Hey Guys, Warner Brothers just bought out DC. This means we're gonna have looney tunes batman :("

Then eventually this  got us Batman Begins and the Dark Knight.

I'm hoping this buyout will give us anything -half- as good as that. And it would be worth all the epic fail the internet is churning and flailing about with.

As Deadpool says  "Shhhhhhhhh, My common sense is tingling"
Help! I'm gay!

Kafzeil

Come on...A Hannah Montana/Deepool Crossover is TAME compared to having Barack Obama in his own comic. At most I imagine Marvel publishing a few comics based on Disney IPs, but nothing major. It's basic fanboy overreaction.

Besides, Earth-616 really can't get any worse right now. If there is some meddling by Disney, I hope it's giving Joe Quesada the axe.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

RJ

Quote from: Alondro on September 01, 2009, 02:37:53 PM
Quote from: RJ on September 01, 2009, 07:35:57 AM

Nope. Batman is DC.

D: I know... I meant "rip-off" as in the same kind of style...

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Kafzeil on September 02, 2009, 12:18:04 AM
Come on...A Hannah Montana/Deepool Crossover is TAME compared to having Barack Obama in his own comic.

Dude's already starred in his own manga and anime series. Your point?
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kuari

OK, I have to ask...  is that a real comic panel?  And was he with Spiderman when he said that?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, that's a real comic panel. Deadpool is... unique.

And no, he wasn't. I could go and look it up, but...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Kuari on September 02, 2009, 05:05:35 AM
OK, I have to ask...  is that a real comic panel?  And was he with Spiderman when he said that?

Flashbacks to Ultimate Alliance.

"Hey Wade! It's good to have you along. Finally there'll be someone whose wisecracks are worse than mine!" ~ Parker
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Caswin

I like Disney's style.  I've never seen where their "relentelssly cutesy" image comes from, given how many genuinely good movies they've made.

If this means we'll get to hear Norman Osborn sing, I'm cool with that.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Jigsaw Forte

Marvel doesn't need Disney's help to have a relentlessly cute, sanitized image.

Just look at their recent partnership with Tokidoki.

Sunblink

I'm not at all fond of modern-day Disney, but I don't really give a rat's ass about almost anything Marvel makes nowadays. I stopped being interested after Doc Ock was imprisoned for the second time in Ultimate Spider-Man.

I think this was my all-time favorite thing I've ever seen in any Marvel comic:

RESPECT.

I'm more of a fan of DC comics >:3

Quote from: JackTheCubiWolf on August 31, 2009, 11:11:41 PM
A crossover like that would be terrible, unless Deadpool gave Miley a scar, then it would be half good.

Yeah, but only a complete idiot would really implement that crossover in the first place.

LULZ OVERREACTIONS ARE FUN

Kenji

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 02, 2009, 04:10:29 PM
A crossover like that would be terrible, unless Deadpool gave Miley a scar, then it would be half good.

Yeah, but only a complete idiot would really implement that crossover in the first place.

Spiderman vs Powdered Toast Man. :T

bill

The Immortal Iron Fist kinda owns

and that's it for good Marvel comics that I can think of

Teroniss

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 02, 2009, 04:10:29 PM
I'm not at all fond of modern-day Disney, but I don't really give a rat's ass about almost anything Marvel makes nowadays. I stopped being interested after Doc Ock was imprisoned for the second time in Ultimate Spider-Man.

I think this was my all-time favorite thing I've ever seen in any Marvel comic:

RESPECT.

I'm more of a fan of DC comics >:3

*sighs* If only it were true. Colbert would make an awesome pres full of lulz.

GabrielsThoughts

...  :U  but the comics will get worse!!! I can already see Disney teaming up Tinkerbell with Wolverine, to make him more "parent approved "  Oh dear god, what if they start amalgamating characters....

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/705491-lobo_the_duck_super.jpg

http://dangerman-1973.deviantart.com/art/Cinderella-as-Ms-Marvel-135747362

http://danielhdr.deviantart.com/art/Marvel-and-Disney-135504767
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kenji

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 03, 2009, 05:40:46 PM
...  :U  but the comics will get worse!!! I can already see Disney teaming up Tinkerbell with Wolverine, to make him more "parent approved "  Oh dear god, what if they start amalgamating characters....

http://www.sumerak.com/wolvpack001.shtml

Kafzeil

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 02, 2009, 02:30:55 AM
Come on...A Hannah Montana/Deepool Crossover is TAME compared to having Barack Obama in his own comic.

What...sunuva...!

I need freaking pictures.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Kafzeil on September 03, 2009, 08:27:38 PM

What...sunuva...!

Obama-kun and Hillary-chan~

Stygian

You've got to look at it from the bright side, guys. Disney may be sugar-coated and overly politically correct, but so is almost all of American media. And bigass-company ruthlessness does not leave space for the sort of silliness that all the damn universes have been dragged through by now. As mentioned, this should lead to Mr. Cheese getting the chop and similar maneuvers.

And there is also one more thing that I want you all to think about:

Marvel + Pixar = ?

Kenji

Quote from: Stygian on September 03, 2009, 09:06:00 PM
You've got to look at it from the bright side, guys. Disney may be sugar-coated and overly politically correct, but so is almost all of American media. And bigass-company ruthlessness does not leave space for the sort of silliness that all the damn universes have been dragged through by now. As mentioned, this should lead to Mr. Cheese getting the chop and similar maneuvers.

And there is also one more thing that I want you all to think about:

Marvel + Pixar = ?

Pretty much. Marvel and DC have both, ahem... "presented themselves in a manner befitting a lady of the night" out to damn near everything out there already. There's really nothing Disney can't do that Marvel and DC have both done to themselves.

Kafzeil

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 03, 2009, 08:55:25 PM
Quote from: Kafzeil on September 03, 2009, 08:27:38 PM

What...sunuva...!

Obama-kun and Hillary-chan~

Goddammit...Japan, just when I think you've done the weirdest thing possible you go ahead and surprise me yet again..e

Sunblink

Quote from: Kafzeil on September 04, 2009, 01:36:42 AM

Goddammit...Japan, just when I think you've done the weirdest thing possible you go ahead and surprise me yet again..e

To be fair, not long after Obama's election, a pretty obvious caricature of Obama appeared in a Japanese manga called Air Gear. Here he is. Here's a second image.

...and, in case I haven't quite broken your mind yet, he made an appearance in an erotic manga. (Link is work-safe, but I can't guarantee brain-safe. I mean really, people.)

I'm loling forever.

Keleth

After seeing, hearing, and laughing at everyone panicking the living hell over Disney buying Marvel. I have to say I remember freaking out about Warner Brothers buying DC back in the day, how everyone touted that Batman would be relabeled to be more like bugs bunny. That DC would lose all it's characters and how there would be terrible terrible crossovers of epic failure.

So now we have it again, but now the internet is more widely available so you can hear these lawlcows laughing off in the distance.

I loved how Disney Bought Miramax back in the day, cuz the first film they made after the buyout happened? Pulp Fiction. Mmmmm.
Disney has had some decent stuff lately, while Pirates of the Carribean isn't the best movies of all time, they showed that at least Disney had balls, and like everything disney has ever done.

They throw -tons- of budget into everything they do. Whether it be animated TV shows, live action movies, or animated features. Disney has always thrown a lot of oomf into whatever they work on.

Keep on producing lawlz, you lawl cows.

Also, on a farewell note.

Help! I'm gay!

bill