08/28/09 [DMFA#1036] - Hide in fear!

Started by Raiettei, August 28, 2009, 12:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raiettei

Indeed, after the long period of frowns, seeing smiles... ESPECIALLY on these two specimens here, is extremely jarring.

I contributed nothing. NOTHING.

And this is why I never show my face around here.

Starcat5

The last sign! IT's the end of the world! Panic!
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

JackTheCubiWolf

Oh god, there smiling. That's never a good thing with those to....

RUN FOR YOU LIVES!!
I'm back, and tired.

Janus Whitefurr

It's probably just the slant of the eyes, but....

Is Abel looking at Alexsi's rear end?
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

tiggertoo

That, um, yeah, that's a bit unnerving.  :erk  What the heck is up with those two?

techmaster-glitch

...and the only detail that I and the other nerds will focus on is is the automatic teleportation system, and want to be fed with further details of the juicy magic-y workings thereof :U

ChaosMageX

Oh goody, a night on the town arc.  There hasn't been one of those in a long time.  Hopefully they will be going clubbing, and hopefully there will be more gender confusion. xD

Icon by Sunblink

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: tiggertoo on August 28, 2009, 01:01:50 AM
That, um, yeah, that's a bit unnerving.  :erk  What the heck is up with those two?

I think Alexsi is leaving for a few days and is leaving Abel in charge. Why else would she be telling him this stuff.
I'm back, and tired.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 28, 2009, 01:09:13 AM
Oh goody, a night on the town arc.  There hasn't been one of those in a long time.  Hopefully they will be going clubbing, and hopefully there will be more gender confusion. xD
Abel will be mistaken for a girl and will have to beat up somebody with a bat. :B

Also, Abel got some pimpin' shirt. >:3

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 28, 2009, 12:56:27 AM

That's unpossibel! :U

Jairus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 28, 2009, 01:02:34 AM
...and the only detail that I and the other nerds will focus on is is the automatic teleportation system, and want to be fed with further details of the juicy magic-y workings thereof :U
Indeed! I wonder, is that another Jyrras magitech trick, or did Alexsi get someone else to set it up?

Also, for some reason, I am remembering a giraffe that's supposed to show up in a club arc of some sort. Am I going crazy, or does anyone else remember that giraffe?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 28, 2009, 01:11:49 AM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 28, 2009, 01:09:13 AM
Abel will be mistaken for a girl and will have to beat up somebody with a bat. :B

Also, Abel got some pimpin' shirt. >:3

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 28, 2009, 12:56:27 AM

That's unpossibel! :U

Why would Abel beat someone up for that?  He's given no indication of such before, when fans wrote in to ask what sex he was--he took it in stride.

And no, it doesn't look like he's looking that far down, or even at Alexsi at all.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Jairus on August 28, 2009, 01:13:35 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 28, 2009, 01:02:34 AM
Indeed! I wonder, is that another Jyrras magitech trick, or did Alexsi get someone else to set it up?
Just a guess, but I think it might be one of those "established magical systems" like the Messenger Orbs that were in Abel's story (though I can't remember if real phones exists at the main comic point in time, if they do, then they've probably phased out Messenger Orbs). However, this kind of thing might not be so easily replaced by technology. A Jyrras magic/tech combo is possible, but I think that may be unlikely.

senrath

Quote from: Baal Hadad on August 28, 2009, 01:20:51 AM
Why would Abel beat someone up for that?  He's given no indication of such before, when fans wrote in to ask what sex he was--he took it in stride.
Well, the fans asked what gender he was.  I assume he'd take things differently if, instead of asking, someone simply assumed he was female and acted accordingly.

Brownie

Quick! Everyone! Out of the universe!

No cookie for reference.

JackTheCubiWolf

I'm back, and tired.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 28, 2009, 01:13:35 AM
Depends when it was done, I guess.  The inn is older than her, after all.  The former owner of the Inn was Destania, who has had 7000 years to learn how to do that sort of thing, and before that, Edward who may possibly have had the magical know-how himself (we simply don't have enough information).

QuoteAlso, for some reason, I am remembering a giraffe that's supposed to show up in a club arc of some sort. Am I going crazy, or does anyone else remember that giraffe?
Now you mention it, it is kind of familiar.  May look it up later.

Quote from: JackTheCubiWolf on August 28, 2009, 12:55:08 AM
Oh god, there smiling. That's never a good thing with those to....

I dunno.  They might simply have cancelled out each other's moodiness.  'Course, the slightly more sinister possibility is that Abel deliberately lightened her mood.  I'm sure he could if he wanted to.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Valynth

I prefer to "cower" in fear.  Hiding only makes them angry.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Garsemor

I'm surprised that Alexsi chose Abel to watch over the inn.
Well actually no, I am not. The others live away from lost lake and Dan wouldn't be able to stand it.

Wait is Abel smiling for no comical reason? No prank? Nothing? Oh god, it's the Apocalypse. Everyone quick lie down and put a paper bag on your head.

Naldru

Whoever watches the inn for the night will have to cook dinner for the guests.  Abel likes to cook and probably feels guilty about what happened to Dan.  Also, a relaxed Alexsi is less likely to be a scary Alexsi.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Lucheek

I'm getting the idea Abel got some kind of job. He seems to be happy about it; maybe he likes having a sense of purpose other than to be  a Dan-sitter.

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lucheek on August 28, 2009, 06:59:14 AM
I'm getting the idea Abel got some kind of job. He seems to be happy about it; maybe he likes having a sense of purpose other than to be  a Dan-sitter.

Or, if he was party to the conversation in 1023, he might simply have offered to help out to keep Alexsi sweet.  If she's that scary, you'd probably want to try and stay on her good side.  Things could get interesting if the topic of Destania comes up, though.  Alexsi and Abel seem to have very different opinions of her.

Sofox

I'm really suprised that not really anyone, except Lucheek, has copped on to what is probably happening. Abel is most likely taking over Merlitz's job. I mean it was heavily hinted at in this strip, you could almost expect it.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Sofox on August 28, 2009, 08:07:54 AM
I'm really suprised that not really anyone, except Lucheek, has copped on to what is probably happening. Abel is most likely taking over Merlitz's job. I mean it was heavily hinted at in this strip, you could almost expect it.

Abel might be the inn's new bouncer.  I was also thinking that might be the case.

I forget, but was cubi strength/muscle density higher than beings, or is that only demons?

Hey, that's actually a good shape-shifting question.  Can cubi alter their physical strength through shapeshifting, and if so, is there a limit to that?  This may also come back to whether or not they can violate the law of conservation of mass.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 28, 2009, 09:04:08 AM
I forget, but was cubi strength/muscle density higher than beings, or is that only demons?
I think it's only Demons.  I have little doubt that their strength could be artificially increased through spells, though.
We don't know enough to know if it can be done through shapeshifting or if they can only make shapes and not mechanisms.

Having said that, it seems pretty clear to me that the wings are stronger - if used as limbs - than a normal Being's limbs would be.  Look at what Dan was doing in the Soulstealer basement, for example.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2009, 09:16:25 AM
Having said that, it seems pretty clear to me that the wings are stronger - if use as limbs - than a normal Being's limbs would be.  Look at what Dan was doing in the Soulstealer basement, for example.

"As I said, our wings are the most indestructible part..."
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2009, 09:16:25 AM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 28, 2009, 09:04:08 AM
I think it's only Demons.  I have little doubt that their strength could be artificially increased through spells, though.
We don't know enough to know if it can be done through shapeshifting or if they can only make shapes and not mechanisms.

Having said that, it seems pretty clear to me that the wings are stronger - if used as limbs - than a normal Being's limbs would be.  Look at what Dan was doing in the Soulstealer basement, for example.

Hmmm, perhaps, if nothing else, they could wrap their wings around their arms and/or legs and morph them into a discretely disguised version of those strength enhancing battle suits that the military is developing.
Heck, if they're skilled enough at shape shifting, they could probably make their wings appear as part of their fur.

We don't really know how cubi hide their wings anyway.  They could already be wrapping them around their body and making them appear as fur, or they could be super-compacting them into dense modules easily hidden with just a bit more shifting over fur patches.

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2009, 08:07:26 AM
Quote from: Lucheek on August 28, 2009, 06:59:14 AM

Or, if he was party to the conversation in 1023, he might simply have offered to help out to keep Alexsi sweet.  If she's that scary, you'd probably want to try and stay on her good side.  Things could get interesting if the topic of Destania comes up, though.  Alexsi and Abel seem to have very different opinions of her.

Well with a job, Abel gets to get all that frustration out of his system.

I mean from Alexia's point of view, she probably can't hit every misbehaving person with a mallet and run the bar at the same time. Even though it is tempting.

Yes very tempting :smack

While Abel is touchy with Destinia an even more awkward moment might be bringing up Dan's and Alexia's dad. When Ink mentioned him Abel nearly ripped him to shreds

Now how will Ducky handle Dealing with Abel on a daily basis Now that Abels will be out in front more often?  
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 28, 2009, 09:30:58 AM
"As I said, our wings are the most indestructible part..."

That too, but I was thinking in terms of force, rather than tensile strength.  That's something that's not explicitly been stated, but it has been said that 'Cubi can punch/cut through rocks with them.

Talking of which, Fa'Lina seems to be able to crush rocks with her hands (just to confuse things further).  She's not your average 'Cubi, though.

Ghostwish

Abel is checking out some tail..

He's more of a perv than I gave him credit for!