[Art] 2 new, 1 req and 2 updates (1 free sketch request open) (11/20/09)

Started by Lisky, July 23, 2009, 01:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

well... after going through a lot of different things this summer, i got my muse back a few weeks ago, and started doing some sketches... all of them need to be scanned once i get a new one (scanner died finally).  For now, i've got one of several sketches i've got waiting to be posted, as it looks alright when viewed from the digital camera picture... but really it all needs to be scanned...

anyways... I give to you a finished sketch of Bas, my "fur-sona" as well as my Character for the Mad God's Masque RP

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Kipiru

So Bas is really a demon dog  :mowsmile I like how the head came out, you do need, however, to work on the arms- they seem attached to him like a doll's hands would be. Another thing are his hands(fists)- they are too small. Still, not bad.

Lisky

heh, the main focus was on the head... the rest was more secondary placeholder until i worked up the muse to finish it . the head took about 30-40 minutes, the rest took about 15... as such... i'll be updating when i truly finish it...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Sprocketsdance

Ooooo, nice ^_^ His dark eyes sort of scare me though >_<. And yeah.. pictures of art just plain suck, hopefully you'll get a scanner soon!

Tapewolf

I'm not quite sure what's happening with the eyes there.  Aside from that I think it's only really the arms that spoil it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lisky

after buying a new scanner on sunday, i've started scanning my sketches in, here's a redone version of Bas, without the blur you get from a camera... Again, this was primarily for the face... which i've been working on for a while... and the rest will be finished at a later date...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/scan0003.jpg

Here was a sketch which tech requested a few weeks ago... he wanted to see if someone could sketch a war forge... it gave me a bit of problems as i've got a horrible case of artistic ADD, where i'll be midway through a sketch, then suddenly be inspired to do something else... and thus... the first piece is forgotten for a bit, and when i come back... well, it never finishes quite right... after 3 tries, this is what i came up with... and i'll be finishing up the final one later, once i can figure out why the hands aren't coming out right...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/scan0004.jpg

Kipiru

That war thing almost looks cute :mowmeep Now on a serious note- the hands. The reason they seem detached in both pics is because you are drawing them separately from the torso, meaning the chest should not be a straight barrel to which you attach the hands as on a doll, but it should curve out and into the shoulder and pits.

The chest and shoulders should both form the torso barrel, like an inverted cone, this way the shoulders won't stick out as unnatural as they are now.

I'm trying to give you some advice here, though I know from my own experience, that the problems you're having now will smooth out quite quickly with practice. You have a good foundation on which to build on, so in time you will perfect it.

techmaster-glitch

Thanks, bassy! And Kipiru's right; it does look sort of cute. To me, it seems almost like something you'd find in a children's cartoon, with a goofy grin like that :P

Lisky

Ah, but that's because no one expects a grin like that before it's metal fist punches you in the face....

Also, yea, it's one of the things i was working on... the war-forge looked a little off... but looking at the references, it's humanoid, but not quite human... as for Bas, it's more an issue of not taking the proper time to setup the body correctly... either way, thanks for the advice kip, and i'll keep that in mind.

Going back further, i noticed many people commenting on the almost black eyes... Bas himself has brilliant, solid dark blue eyes.  Think something akin to Regina's only in a deep royal blue, almost falling into the range of navy.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on July 28, 2009, 08:33:50 AM
Going back further, i noticed many people commenting on the almost black eyes... Bas himself has brilliant, solid dark blue eyes.  Think something akin to Regina's only in a deep royal blue, almost falling into the range of navy.

It was more that one of them was black and dog-shaped, and the other one was white and saucer-like.
Now that I look at the scanned version, I can see that the large, white eye is actually his cheek...

Lisky

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/Keatonsketch1.jpg

Something i re-did during today's on and off rain...

Kipiru

The head is a bit too big , but at least the hands(shoulders in particular) are alright.

Tapewolf

Lisky

yes, yes she is indeed  Tape...

XP... it's something that i haven't seen yet, and it changes Keaton (the character) from a psychotic, yet attractive killer, into something far cuter... the curling tongue was surprisingly hard to get right... which is part of the reason the head is just a smidgen too big...

WhiteFox

Quote from: Kipiru on July 28, 2009, 05:20:50 PM
The head is a bit too big , but at least the hands(shoulders in particular) are alright.

Actually, the hands are too small. For consideration:

- The hand is as long as your head is wide, or half as long as the chest is wide.
- If you took the distance from the corner of the elbow to the tip of the fingers, the hand would take up 2/5ths of that length.
-The hand is twice long as it is wide.

Aside from that though, I have to agree with Kipiru. The anatomy on the shoulder looks much more accurate, and it gives a real sense of depth.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Lisky

Something i did for Zina for the CCC, the hands didn't come out right, and i'll be submitting an updated one to her once i get my drawing muse back on track...

For those who don't know, the character is Dorian, he's a llama and was a rather interesting challenge to draw... hope you like Zina...

Lisky

Sorry for the long delay here, but, as of late, i've been on a major art kick, and as such, i'm taking requests for a few sketches if anyone is interested :3

Sprocketsdance

Oooo!! Do you think you could draw Chance? =) I'd like to see your take on her ^_^

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

I'd be interested in a rendition of Dorcan if you're up for it and have a free slot.  I can provide references.

Lisky

Alright... i'll start with 3 slots, and as things get done, i'll open more up... :3

1: Wuff: Chance
2: Boxy: WITT
3: Tape: Dorcan
4: Cog: Giles (which some references would be awesome)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on September 07, 2009, 12:36:58 PM
Alright... i'll start with 3 slots, and as things get done, i'll open more up... :3

1: Wuff: Chance
2: Boxy: WITT
3: Tape: Dorcan
4: Cog: Giles (which some references would be awesome)

You count gudgud. ;-]

Lisky

Cog made a request earlier, so i figured i'd throw it up there... once i finish with WITT, i'll take more... :D

Lisky

alright, my scanner is being a total B**** right now... i finished with Wuff's Chance and Boxy's WITT, if i can't get it working in the next little bit, I'll be giving up for today and try again later when i have more patience... I'll have them posted Saturday at the latest... As is, i now have room for 1 or 2 more requests if there are any takers :3

Tapewolf: Dorcan
Cogi: Giles
(open)

Lisky

appologies  for the triple post,

Boxy's WITT

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/WITT.jpg

Tapewolf's Dorcan (sorry that i had a little fun with the shapeshifting... i kept going back to the "dorcan on a bender page, and re-imagining it if he'd had shapeshifting abilities... and thus... this is what i came up with)

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/Dorcanwicked.jpg

i now have 2 open slots for sketch requests if anyone is interested

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk on September 22, 2009, 04:21:07 PM
Tapewolf's Dorcan (sorry that i had a little fun with the shapeshifting... i kept going back to the "dorcan on a bender page, and re-imagining it if he'd had shapeshifting abilities... and thus... this is what i came up with)

Heh.  That would explain the razor-sharp hands, then.  It's a pretty good likeness, attitude notwithstanding.  Critique-wise, there are two things that strike me.
Firstly the picture itself is kind of angular (the abs especially are a little squared-off).  Secondly, the proportions of the headwings and the tail are a little out.

Anyway, thanks for doing that, I hope it helped you.

Lisky

hehe, thanks for the request, i noticed a few things that seemed off and i'll probably go out and fix them this weekend when i've got time :3

As is, i hope you enjoy your sketch

llearch n'n'daCorna

Lisky

As it goes, I have an open slot at the moment...

Cogi: Giles
Kimmy: Kimmy
(open)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Is it just me who's tempted to put tab A in slot B?