[Art] Rhyfe2002's Art Thread (27 Nov 2010)

Started by rhyfe2002, May 24, 2009, 02:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Colour me impressed with how Zina turned out.  If you've still got a slot going, I'd be interested in one myself, actually.

Thanks to the comic I now have a plethora of characters so I'm a little torn each time I consider getting a commission or a request, but see what you can do with my avatar if you would be so kind.

I still think Zina has one of the best full-body references for him:
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/stuff/jakob/jakob_by_zinacat.jpg
...though watch the ears if you're colouring them, they should be the colour of his fur, not his hair.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Zina on July 17, 2009, 11:19:09 AM
Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 17, 2009, 10:38:53 AM
'kay, um... for some reason my tablet is seriously dying on me (or is it my computer...?), so I had to do this traditionally, along with some crappy mouse Photoshop for this one.  >:3

My pen died on me halfway through as well...  :cry

Oh, this is lovely. Thanks! I'll certainly try to return the favor. :3

Whaaat? If you wanted to make it an art trade you should've told me earlier; I'd have at least colored it properly. :X Oh well, assuming you do I'll definitely recolor it, hehe.  >:3

Lysander

TytajLucheek

Arroyo Milori

Requests you say? OwO

Canz i have a sketch of Arroyo Milori

I am also curious on your art style as well, perhaps you could (someday) make a guide of how you draw such wonderful art in this style?

WhiteFox

I'd very much appreciate a sketch of any of my comic characters (Comic archive).

I wouldn't mind trying a trade or collab, either.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Zina

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 17, 2009, 12:13:32 PM

Whaaat? If you wanted to make it an art trade you should've told me earlier; I'd have at least colored it properly. :X Oh well, assuming you do I'll definitely recolor it, hehe.  >:3

Haha, I didn't mean it like that. XD So don't worry about it. Just think of it as me giving you random gift art.

Eventually, anyway.

rhyfe2002

Quote from: WhiteFox on July 18, 2009, 08:21:51 PM
I'd very much appreciate a sketch of any of my comic characters (Comic archive).

Hi, you're the 4th on the list =P Please wait until I've cleared at least two of the others before requesting again, thanks >:3

In the meantime, I'd prefer it if you actually narrowed down your choice of at most one or two characters for me to choose from.  :mowdizzy

Turnsky

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 19, 2009, 10:55:15 AM

Hi, you're the 4th on the list =P Please wait until I've cleared at least two of the others before requesting again, thanks >:3

In the meantime, I'd prefer it if you actually narrowed down your choice of at most one or two characters for me to choose from.  :mowdizzy

if you're feeling up to it, i wouldn't mind seeing how you'd do Milnea from The Foxfire Chronicles

i can provide full body shots if need be. =]

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 19, 2009, 11:49:28 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on July 19, 2009, 11:17:20 AM
if you're feeling up to it, i wouldn't mind seeing how you'd do Milnea from The Foxfire Chronicles

... And not May? ;-]

well i figured i'd make Mao happy too, he likes Milnea as well.  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

ah, I see. Yes, that would be a good move. A two-fer, as it were.

rhyfe2002

Waaaaaaaait, are you guys even looking?  :erk I said I would only take THREE outstanding requests at a time  :<

Do please look at the first post before commenting... thanks  8)

Anyway...

I wasn't too sure about some details, I hope you don't mind me exercising a bit of my creative control  >:3

Turnsky

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 20, 2009, 01:37:33 AM

Waaaaaaaait, are you guys even looking?  :erk I said I would only take THREE outstanding requests at a time  :<

apologies, at least i had the common sense to ask for one >:3, as fruitless as that may be.. i'll be a good boy and wait my turn.  :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on May 24, 2009, 02:09:33 PM
Please don't kill me about the quality though, it's just a sketch  :B

Are you nuts?  I've seen stuff on the level of the Mao picture in print.

This is what I call a sketch.  What you're doing now and writing off as a 'sketch' is something many people would be happy to pay for  :B

Mao

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 20, 2009, 01:37:33 AM

Anyway...

I wasn't too sure about some details, I hope you don't mind me exercising a bit of my creative control  >:3

Not at all!  I would much rather an artist enjoy it when they do stuff for me.  I love the picture.  Particularly the expression used. :D

I have to agree with Tape that, for a sketch, this is pretty high quality.  Most folks would call a quick penciling of the item in question a sketch.  This is borderline commission stuff around here. :D

rhyfe2002

Don't ask me what happened, I really don't know.  :B

By the way, those who asked before getting turned down because of the request limit: It doesn't mean you're barred or something. Just request again!  8)

Janus Whitefurr

I can haz request arts? o:

Edit For Information, Because I'm Forgetful Like That

a) Either of me is fine, what with the whole Janus, two avatars/faces deal, et cetera. Just pick one of the two (ferret or red panda) and go with it.

b) Most Efficient Colourscheme Image

c) As for clothing, well, left (ferret) tends towards either the Janus Bond Tuxedo or Casual Clothes, while the right (red panda) goes with either what he's wearing in the Casual Clothes link, or these clothes.

d) If I missed out on the request, oh well. I'll have better luck next time.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's interesting (if slightly unrelated to the art in question) that a picture of someone's avatar is usually them standing, looking heroic.

Probably something subtle and psychological, I mean. You hardly ever see anyone's avatar looking like they just stepped out of the bath (not like that, you perverts) and being all messed up. If someone is, their hair is perfect, for example, and their towel is spotless and white.

I dunno about you, but the towels I have in my house include a couple of nice big white ones, but also a random collection of all sorts of other colours, shapes, and sizes...

Not that I'm criticising, Rhyfe - anything but. Just thinking in passing...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 21, 2009, 04:36:30 AM
It's interesting (if slightly unrelated to the art in question) that a picture of someone's avatar is usually them standing, looking heroic.

For my part, it's because Pegasus drew my avatar, which probably influenced Rhyfe.  Great artist, but drawing someone with everyday musculature and not in a dramatic pose would probably kill him  :P

Sprocketsdance

Umm.. I'd like to request a piece of artwork from you ^_^ Probably the best picture to go off of would be the one Kipiru did of Chance  http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9139/wuffyschance.jpg

rhyfe2002

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 21, 2009, 04:36:30 AM

Probably something subtle and psychological, I mean. You hardly ever see anyone's avatar looking like they just stepped out of the bath (not like that, you perverts) and being all messed up. If someone is, their hair is perfect, for example, and their towel is spotless and white.

I dunno about you, but the towels I have in my house include a couple of nice big white ones, but also a random collection of all sorts of other colours, shapes, and sizes...

Not that I'm criticising, Rhyfe - anything but. Just thinking in passing...

I have no idea what you're talking about... XD If it's Tapewolf's request... I thought he WAS kind of heroic-y o.O; Well, he's all shiny and clean and stuff, right? :D I was mostly messing around and practicing action poses and crazy angles (both of which I suck at).. well now you know why I'm giving away free sketchies... it's good practice  >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 21, 2009, 05:57:56 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about... XD If it's Tapewolf's request... I thought he WAS kind of heroic-y o.O;
Well, he's all shiny and clean and stuff, right? :D

Very heroic indeed.

In all honesty, he's a lot more like Dr. Who.... just wandering around and walking into trouble far more than is statistically likely.
The avatar I have, which I'm assuming influenced you, is very atypical - in fact I was hesitant to use it because having a superhero-like avatar seemed vain.  I just happen to like the picture a lot.  It was a conbadge and thus done a bit quickly - if there had been more time I'd have requested a more normal pose.  I'll likely switch avatar over to Amber's version when that commission is completed.

QuoteI was mostly messing around and practicing action poses and crazy angles (both of which I suck at).. well now you know why I'm giving away free sketchies... it's good practice  >:3

Glad it worked out for you  :P

Dekari

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 21, 2009, 05:57:56 AM
well now you know why I'm giving away free sketchies... it's good practice  >:3

I still have to say that I'm very impressed with the quality of work your putting out as "sketches".  I'm starting to think I should through my name in for this.  After seeing what Kipiru did with a simple description I've been tempted to see what other artists would come up with.  But, I'm willing to wait until more have had their chance.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Arroyo Milori

I am liking the coloring in these sketches. You show a good command of shading as well. Heck, now I'm gonna feel bad that I don't draw you something in return for my request. : <

rhyfe2002

Dekari

I like the "painted" look.  Very reminiscent of Japanese Calligraphy (or whatever that form of painting is called that uses the same style, like what was used in Okami).

Edit: Err....on closer look, most of your stuff is in that style  :sweatdrop.  Shows how observant I am.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Mao

Quote from: Dekari on July 21, 2009, 12:51:45 PM
I like the "painted" look.  Very reminiscent of Japanese Calligraphy (or whatever that form of painting is called that uses the same style, like what was used in Okami).

Edit: Err....on closer look, most of your stuff is in that style  :sweatdrop.  Shows how observant I am.

Doesn't mean you can't like it all the same.  I know I'm a fan of it.

Dekari

I'm not saying I don't like it.  I didn't notice the actual style until this most recent one, then after making the post I looked back at the others and realized, "Oh wait, those are like that too."

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 21, 2009, 12:29:38 PM

Was a bit lazy on the details, sorry about that.  :cry
Well you got the important details down which most people tend to mess up on and I am grateful that you did. I am also loving the use of warm colors in this! Thank you kind person. : 3