[Art] Rhyfe2002's Art Thread (27 Nov 2010)

Started by rhyfe2002, May 24, 2009, 02:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhyfe2002

Heyas!

I'm an undergrad currently majoring in animation (which doesn't mean I can draw well, by the way  :B) Anyway, I have developed quite a few different styles of drawing... comments appreciated on which one you think is the better one.  :hug  

Fanart

Mab
Dan fighting Aliph
Abel
Alexsi (NSFW -  PG Nudity)
Bebe Abel
Bebe Abel 2

Original Characters

Kaoru (NSFW - Suggestive, Lingerie)
Akaru
Reyna (NSFW - Suggestive, Revealing clothes)
Reyna (Chibi)
Akaru - Caramelldansen Animation
Akaru - Towards the Dawn
Akaru no Hikari (Animated short)

Sketch Requests

Zina
Mao
Tapewolf
Arroyo
Janus
Chance (wuffnpuff) (NSFW - Nudity)
Anya (Lysander)
Witt (llearch)
Baseel (Basilisk)
Tezkat

Myr

Heheh, I think I know the game you speak of, though I've not yet gotten to try it. Gotta love that canvas-style artwork.

Very good, to say the least.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Lysander

An interesting style which I do like. Very cute, love her hair.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Arroyo Milori

It is indeed a very interesting style. But possibly a time consuming one as well. You should keep experimenting with different styles as well.

Kipiru

Truly impressive work- this style has a lot of potential! I can't wait to see more of your work to see just how far this style expands- maybe some of your own characters?

WhiteFox

The look reminds me, a little, of some of the full color work Ian McCoonville (Mac Hall, Three Panel Soul) does, but looser. There's a lot of energy.

Also, awesome. Especially the hair, fabric, and fur: there's texture to the material even though it's stylized. The facial expression is 100% Mab, too.

The wrist looks a little thick, tho. Dunno if that's part of the art style or not.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tezkat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on May 24, 2009, 04:33:05 PM
It is indeed a very interesting style. But possibly a time consuming one as well. You should keep experimenting with different styles as well.

In fact it actually takes me less time to do something like this compared to my usual way, because it's such a sketchy style, so I'm less inclined to correct all the little mistakes that I make.  :mowtongue

rhyfe2002

There's a bunch of stuff wrong with it, but I'm kinda lazy to clean up, so...  8)

EDIT: Changed to clickable thumbnail.

rhyfe2002

Put up a comparison of some of my different styles that I've been experimenting with. Just wondering: Which one do you like best? And why?

Kaoru (NSFW)
Just a sketch I was tempted to make after looking for pose references. ... Really!

Akaru
The oldest character that I made (about 10 years ago... note the spines leftover from the Sonic fandom, heh). Ironic that he's the youngest...  >:3

Reyna (NSFW)
The only picture out of the four which I spent over 2 days on. (Don't regret it at all though.. hee  :mowcookie

Reyna (Chibi)
A style inspired by various other artists that I watch on DeviantArt.

Kipiru

These are incredible  :bow Your style rocks! The coloring is impressive with the way it actually feels like the characters have fur on them. The only one I'm displeased with is the chibi ones, but that's because I don't like chibis in general  :mowwink. you asked whish we like most- I think I'll go with Reyna(NSFW version)- it's a really well finished piece of art. Again- awesome work, looking foreward to more.

King Of Hearts

These are VERY good!

do you have a Deviant Art account or something?

Tezkat

The two NSFW pieces are very nice. Beautiful art and colouring. I might give a slight edge to Kaoru. Sexier pose. Darker lines. I love the hair.

Akaru is cute but not that special. Not enough contrast to make that sort of texturing work. The chibi didn't work for me, either. Parts of her are too chibi, others are not chibi enough, and the end result is a little too unbalanced to be cute. I like the colouring job, though. When aiming for cute/chibi, the style you used for Mab works much better.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

WhiteFox

Wow. The lighting is amazing; very atmospheric. The facial expressions are so full of personality, too. Beautiful work.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

rhyfe2002

Thanks everyone for the comments, I really appreciate them ^^

Anyway, here's yet another thing I did on a whim (simply by looking at someone's avatar pic).

Akaru does the Caramelldansen!  :boogie .. or at least, tries to.

This was done totally from scratch (i.e. I didn't use another animation as a base) , since I wanted to keep his original proportions. 

Omega

Scary...  It makes me want to crawl into some small crack on the wall and weep myself into sleep.

Scratch build, eh? Not bad. Not bad at all. How many frames is there? six, ten?

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Omega on June 25, 2009, 05:37:34 AM
Scary...  It makes me want to crawl into some small crack on the wall and weep myself into sleep.

Scratch build, eh? Not bad. Not bad at all. How many frames is there? six, ten?

Ten frames. The original had 15, for comparison's sake.

Toast

Oh. Man.
Out of curiosity, do you/did you ever play Neopets?
Your coloring and lighting on your animations are really great. that's something I can never handle properly in Flash - coloring!

DMFA reader since 2000!

Kipiru

A Masterpiece- the motion is so fluid and the coloring and shading without flaw in my eyes!

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Toast on July 05, 2009, 03:32:53 PM
Oh. Man.
Out of curiosity, do you/did you ever play Neopets?
Your coloring and lighting on your animations are really great. that's something I can never handle properly in Flash - coloring!

I sure did/do; My fursona is a yellow/island zafara, as a matter of fact (although he refuses to acknowledge it, as you can see) 

For those interested, look at top post for free sketch details ^_^

Zina

Mao

I'll toss my hat in too.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,5109.0.html

is my art thread, of particular note are the 'Char II', 'Char III', 'Suck and Fail' and 'Secret and a Gift' entries as seen in my first post.

Turnsky

you know, lately i've just been glazing over the art forum, but i had no idea you were this Talented, rhyfe. :erk

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

rhyfe2002

'kay, um... for some reason my tablet is seriously dying on me (or is it my computer...?), so I had to do this traditionally, along with some crappy mouse Photoshop for this one.  >:3

My pen died on me halfway through as well...  :cry

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 17, 2009, 08:16:21 AM
I'll toss my hat in too.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,5109.0.html

is my art thread, of particular note are the 'Char II', 'Char III', 'Suck and Fail' and 'Secret and a Gift' entries as seen in my first post.

What would the name of your character be?  Oh, and... "Old Man Cat"? Really?  >:3

Mao

The character name is Mao. c:

I don't know what you're talking about with the "old man cat" thing. @.@  Sorry?

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 17, 2009, 10:47:10 AM
The character name is Mao. c:

I don't know what you're talking about with the "old man cat" thing. @.@  Sorry?

Oh.. Mao Laoren means "Old Man Cat" in Chinese.  >:3

Mao

Hah, interesting coincidence.  Didn't bother to check that.  Honest.  :paranoid

Dekari

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 17, 2009, 10:38:53 AM
'kay, um... for some reason my tablet is seriously dying on me (or is it my computer...?), so I had to do this traditionally, along with some crappy mouse Photoshop for this one.  >:3

And you did that kind of quality in 3 hours?  My god your fast  :erk
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dekari on July 17, 2009, 11:16:23 AM
And you did that kind of quality in 3 hours?  My god your fast  :erk

Yeah.  When he said 'sketch' I figured it would be blue-pencil lineart or something, not a completely coloured piece.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zina

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 17, 2009, 10:38:53 AM

My pen died on me halfway through as well...  :cry

Oh, this is lovely. Thanks! I'll certainly try to return the favor. :3