04/25/09 [DMFA #994] - Guy Speak?

Started by Jairus, April 25, 2009, 02:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: Jairus on April 25, 2009, 03:41:06 AM
Quote from: Garsemor on April 25, 2009, 03:30:02 AM
Yes very nice art indeed. It also puts a lid on the Wildy/Jyrras friendship problem.
OK, now it's time for the crazy theories to start taking hold of this topic. Which theory will come first is a mystery.
Like did/does Wildy want to be something more than friends with Jyrras, except that now he's come out of the closet it's not going to happen?

Or that Jy might give her permission to write a sequel? I mean, unlikely, but still…

Yeeeaaaaa! Wildy's back! :boogie

And to the quote up above, I don't think he is only ummmm, you know, I think he might be Bi. He did liiikkkeee Lorenda (i hope that's how you spell her name) after all.
I'm back, and tired.

Stig Hemmer

Quote from: Rafe on April 25, 2009, 02:44:31 AM
Wildy just has to take a jab at Jyrras.  Kind of cruel when your fumbling around at making up, but I guess that's the way she is.

It is called male bonding.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Arcblade

Garsemor

I believe we will soon arrive at the point where every one starts making theories about what will happen next. To me it seems a good time for Amber to pull out the chaos card, that I mentioned in an earlier post, out of her sleeve and start an even more chaotic situation, containing some of thees events.

1. Alexis kidnapped (again) by the party that Merlitz belonged to.
2. Merlitz returning in the worst possible moment.
3. A rather hard to follow dialog between Dan and Abel (as one side) vs. Merlitz's former party (as the second side of the dialog).
4. A chaotic battle that would be interrupted by Merlitz's arrival.

These are but a few of the possible events that might happen if Amber decides to pull out the chaos card.

Caswin

Huh.

The funny thing is, I'm not sure that I would've bought this if Wildy hadn't finally been humanized a bit (so to speak) two strips ago.  I like shreds-of-decency Wildy better.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Alterationartist

Bawwwwww, I wanted an explanation about Fi...

There is no cute, blue, glowing, arse-brained, magical creatures from senseless dimensions with the ability to warp and apparently change form in this comic...

Did I mention "baww"?
Round 9!

terrycloth

They *are* cute together... they should join an adventuring party! Jyrass can be the twinked out rich kid, Wildy can be the healer who charges into melee with her staff, and Nutmeg (she's the right size at least) can be the insanely over-levelled wizard who keeps aggroing more stuff because everything's gray to her anyway.

inuhanyo

Quote from: terrycloth on April 25, 2009, 12:32:18 PM
They *are* cute together... they should join an adventuring party! Jyrass can be the twinked out rich kid, Wildy can be the healer who charges into melee with her staff, and Nutmeg (she's the right size at least) can be the insanely over-levelled wizard who keeps aggroing more stuff because everything's gray to her anyway.

I rather think Jyrras would prefer Mab.  Fae can be any size they want, anyway.  And Azlan can be the fighter.

As for the Chaos Card, that party will need a better reason than Genesis4's jealousy to come in hostile.  Remember, they think Merlitz was hitting on Alexsi.   And if they just drop in, they'll notice that the morphing magic is no longer present.   Of course, they are going to want an explaination.

techmaster-glitch

D'aawwwwww, they're doing a lil' fist-bump! So cute! :giggle

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jairus on April 25, 2009, 03:41:06 AM
Or that Jy might give her permission to write a sequel? I mean, unlikely, but still...

First would be to release all those books he may have bought up and blocked the sales of. Then it would be time for a sequel. Besides, she wouldn't have to get his permission to write a sequel, only to publish it ... maybe.
Quote from: inuhanyo on April 25, 2009, 01:54:10 PM

I rather think Jyrras would prefer Mab.  Fae can be any size they want, anyway.  And Azlan can be the fighter.

Size can be ignored sometimes, as evidenced by the being/dragon couple mentioned a while back (I can't find that strip right now) and Jyrras' parents.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, there were two strips with a being and a dragon. One starting with a prank that ended in marriage, and the other with the dragon sitting on a car. I don't recall if the latter was a couple or just acquaintances.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 25, 2009, 02:41:14 PM
EDIT: Now that I think about it, there were two strips with a being and a dragon. One starting with a prank that ended in marriage, and the other with the dragon sitting on a car. I don't recall if the latter was a couple or just acquaintances.

Brian and Burasi are a couple. The Brown Dragon is unrelated to the Short Jerk, so far as we know.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Baal Hadad

HAHAHAHAHA!!!   :giggle

Quote from: Jairus on April 25, 2009, 02:40:13 AM
Looks like those two have made up. Well, that was anti-climactic, though I suppose they've both had time to mull it over since they last talked.

Also, nice comeback from Wildy in that last panel there.

You thief.  You took the words out of my mouth.   :P

But yeah, I really can't contribute much more.  I was waiting for them to make up, and was surprised they got through it so quickly although I'm glad they did, and that last panel was funny.  :)  Clearly there's no more awkwardness now.

joshofspam

I wonder who's going to show up next? :batman

Ever wonder who would come a calling when Dan got injured? :reaper

Like does Dan have a reputation among the Adventures to make this group of people come check on one of their more renowned members? :villagepeople

That would get complicated with Dan getting his powers, Abel living there, and good old Ducky the dragon dating Alexis all under the same roof.  :kruger
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Garsemor

As for the Chaos Card, that party will need a better reason than Genesis4's jealousy to come in hostile.  Remember, they think Merlitz was hitting on Alexsi.   And if they just drop in, they'll notice that the morphing magic is no longer present.   Of course, they are going to want an explaination.

When I said that amber would play the chaos card I meant she would make up some new trouble making cubi or other character in order to cause a situation in witch the Party would suspect something resulting in a catastrophe.

Or what if Gen starts snooping around and sees a Abel and a Dan but no Merlitz what do you think she is going to think?

inuhanyo

Quote from: joshofspam on April 25, 2009, 04:39:42 PM

Ever wonder who would come a calling when Dan got injured? :reaper

Like does Dan have a reputation among the Adventures to make this group of people come check on one of their more renowned members? :villagepeople

That would get complicated with Dan getting his powers, Abel living  their, and good old Ducky the dragon dating Alexis all under the same roof.  :kruger

Let's see, who among Dan's known friends and acquaintances hasn't shown up yet?

Mab will surely show up, her home connects to his closet, after all.

The basement rats share his room.

Pyroduck lives at lost lake.

Matilda will surely come by, as soon as someone remembers to tell her (and she can get away from her store, she'd probably close early for this).

Azlan, whom we haven't seen in a while.

Merlitz and Alykia, thought it may take them some time to hear about it.

Destania, hmmm.

Quote from: Garsemor on April 25, 2009, 05:11:47 PM

When I said that amber would play the chaos card I meant she would make up some new trouble making cubi or other character in order to cause a situation in witch the Party would suspect something resulting in a catastrophe.

Well, that's not going to happen in the next two strips then.

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on April 25, 2009, 05:21:00 PM

I don't think Fa'Lina has come up.  While Dan doesn't exactly view her as a friend, she did instruct Abel to look after him, which he didn't do a stellar job at (though to be fair, Dan doesn't trust him which makes it harder for him to tag along).

Actually, one of my earlier theories was that Dan would die (clinically, at least) and find himself in the SAIA infirmary because being dead wasn't an excuse she'd accept for skipping class (see 599).  I didn't mention it at the time because if it had happened it would have been too cool to spoil.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Howl

Off the subject of Dan, does Wildy know about the fae lights-bracers-whatever?

Joe3210

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 25, 2009, 05:45:46 PM
Actually, one of my earlier theories was that Dan would die (clinically, at least) and find himself in the SAIA infirmary because being dead wasn't an excuse she'd accept for skipping class (see 599).  I didn't mention it at the time because if it had happened it would have been too cool to spoil.
That would have been a good steamroller gag for the comic.

Quite lol-worthy also.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Scarydragon

For some reason, all I can think of is whether or not this is going according to Mab's super secret (not to mention kinda scary) plan.

And I totally hope Merlitz shows up again, I miss him so.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Jairus

Quote from: Scarydragon on April 25, 2009, 09:36:31 PM
For some reason, all I can think of is whether or not this is going according to Mab's super secret (not to mention kinda scary) plan.

And I totally hope Merlitz shows up again, I miss him so.
It is all Mab's plan. At the end of it all, Mab will be sitting in darkness at a table and she shall say "Just as planned."
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 25, 2009, 04:08:35 PM
The Brown Dragon is unrelated to the Short Jerk, so far as we know.

Though they could be a couple, with her saying "Honey... ". Then again, it could be just her personal speech mannerism to call everyone honey.

Quote from: inuhanyo on April 25, 2009, 05:21:00 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on April 25, 2009, 04:39:42 PM

Merlitz and Alykia, thought it may take them some time to hear about it.

I wonder, do Merlitz or Alyika read the magazine that interviewed Danlexsi and Merbel? An "I never did that interview" moment could be reason to return to see who was impersonating him.

Quote from: Minishear on April 25, 2009, 05:51:47 PM

I'm sure she knows about them from Dan and would recognize them on Jyrras.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 25, 2009, 11:13:02 PM

But by that same logic, wouldn't Jyrras have to have himself already knew what they were?

ie, while they didn't know each other quite as long as Dan and Wildy knew each other, Dan and Jyrras were certainly friends somewhat before he actually began adventuring, right?

So by the time Dan got his curse bangles, if he was telling Wildy about it, he'd also have been telling Jyrras (probably) about it, right?

inuhanyo

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 25, 2009, 11:13:02 PM

Jyrras got the Fae curse-bangles after he and Wildy were on the outs, so she hasn't had a chance to see them before.  Dan well may have told her though.

Dan had them during his adventuring career, for only three months, Wildy might not have had a chance to see them on Dan then.  And until the "Danial Ti'Fiona: warrior for hire" arc, she hadn't really believed all the war stories he told.  Even though she knew he was an adventurer, she was even the one who bought him the magic-protective robe he's been wearing for most of the comic. (Thought apparently that's a RetCon)

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on April 26, 2009, 12:45:58 AM

But by that same logic, wouldn't Jyrras have to have himself already knew what they were?

ie, while they didn't know each other quite as long as Dan and Wildy knew each other, Dan and Jyrras were certainly friends somewhat before he actually began adventuring, right?

So by the time Dan got his curse bangles, if he was telling Wildy about it, he'd also have been telling Jyrras (probably) about it, right?

Yeah, Jyrass and Dan have known each other for ten years, Wildy considerably longer,  but it's obvious that Dan hadn't mentioned the curse bangles to Jyrass before Jyrass ended up with his own.  So, if Wildy knows about them, it's because Dan has explained the situation to her.

Since Albion mentioned that he enjoys playing "Mab's villian", it's probably Albion who cursed Dan.

e_voyager

beware she knows, beware danger grows, beware the truth shall you never know, beware she comes for our souls.

as for what all this has to do with either amber or widly knowing guy speech? ask the poor husk that used to be male over in the corner whimpering maybe he can tell you. 

,beware and those of you with them hide your souls!
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Garsemor

post erased

MT Hazard

Quote from: Garsemor on April 26, 2009, 06:13:43 AM
Is it just me or has Amber been lazier than usual. In 3 weeks we have only seen about 3 new DMFA and 3 new Abel's story. I suspect fault play from Ambers side no way can so many things, that would influence the updates, happen consecutively.

They can and they will. Also, we the readers have no say on how she does things, she does not owe us anything.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mao

Is it just me or has Amber been lazier than usual. In 3 weeks we have only seen about 3 new DMFA and 3 new Abel's story. I suspect fault play from Ambers side no way can so many things, that would influence the updates, happen consecutively.

Oh hey, are you enjoying your free comic?  I know I am.

Turnsky

well, you get what you pay for, dontcha?  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Michael Chandra

Sickness... Common in this time of year.
Technological problems: Simple artist karma. Seriously, how many artists online have you met that constantly have their equipment hating them? I know a guy whose pc screws up so often so badly, not to mention his car, he's convinced God is out to get him.

Oh and did I mention the chance of chain reaction events? Stress makes one more likely to catch a cold due to a decreased physical resistance, and one hidden computer issue may very well cause others as symptoms before finally surfacing.

I have to mention, by the way, when on Friday Amber's rant commented on that saturday would prolly bork things up, I immediately mentally was "there goes sunday" and here we are.

Turnsky

Quote from: Michael Chandra on April 26, 2009, 07:24:20 AM
Sickness... Common in this time of year.
Technological problems: Simple artist karma. Seriously, how many artists online have you met that constantly have their equipment hating them? I know a guy whose pc screws up so often so badly, not to mention his car, he's convinced God is out to get him.

Oh and did I mention the chance of chain reaction events? Stress makes one more likely to catch a cold due to a decreased physical resistance, and one hidden computer issue may very well cause others as symptoms before finally surfacing.

"Artist Karma"

bahahaha... if only you knew how true that statement is.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..