[Art] Lemur 'Cubi, ftw

Started by Ragesquid, March 24, 2009, 03:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragesquid

I drawed Nova. :B

Been reading a lot, about 'Cubi..and I want to make sure I don't god-mod her, or screw some information up. ('cause I may stick her in my comic, if I'm allowed to do so) I'll probably do some more reading, before I write anything about her.

One thing, in particular, is the clan marking. I couldn't find anything, on the Wiki..so I just slapped a random pattern on her ass. If it resembles another marking, cannon or not, let me know.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fox on March 24, 2009, 03:23:28 PM
I drawed Nova. :B

Oo, I like her  :3

QuoteBeen reading a lot, about 'Cubi..and I want to make sure I don't god-mod her, or screw some information up. ('cause I may stick her in my comic, if I'm allowed to do so) I'll probably do some more reading, before I write anything about her.

As far as I know, Amber doesn't have a problem with people doing that.  I can think of at least three comics (other than DMFA itself) which have DMFA-type 'Cubi in them.  She has gone to some pains to point out that she doesn't own the concept.

QuoteOne thing, in particular, is the clan marking. I couldn't find anything, on the Wiki..so I just slapped a random pattern on her ass. If it resembles another marking, cannon or not, let me know.

Looks like you're okay on that count.  The thing most people get wrong is adding the tentacle-heads.  As a rule, only clans with a living tri-winged founder have those and I think there are only about 12 such clans.  With my character I made a workaround that the heads were deliberately created by the clan's leader (an Ascended leader gets them as part of the process).
I can't now remember if I came up with that after discovering that I'd goofed, or whether I was just being cagey and came up with the idea as a backup in case things went wrong.

Is the comic in question the one in your profile?  If so, I'll have to read it (is a fan of all things 'Cubi).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ragesquid

I was aware of the tentacle-heads, actually. Hey! I actually remembered something! :U I'll probably do a few hours of research, then try to write a little. Been lurking on the forums, long enough, to where one would think I'd know more, than I do.

Also, yes. The site in my profile is my comic site. There's three going on, but the one she's likely to appear in, is Katarizo. (I'm currently on hiatus, until next month, due to school. Bad, bad, evil school. Also moving..but mostly school.)

James StarRunner

Oh! That is well done! Great work!

King Of Hearts

the color scheme works incredibly in her favor.

Kipiru

Great shading and her expression is awesome. I particularly love the fire in her hand. really nice work.