Totally saw it coming

Started by Robbychu, March 14, 2009, 01:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbychu

So I was watching Bram Stoker's Dracula today. Pretty awesome movie, and my mom says it was close to the book. I have to take her word for it, because my 'prior experiance" with Dracula is Castlevania. Which may be how I called Mina having the hots for Dracula. Ending blindsided me, though.

So! Have you guys had any movies/books/what-have-you where you saw the plot twists coming from a mile away? DISCUSS.
THIS POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY ALL CAPS. :)

Rheeeeeeeee...

Janus Whitefurr

Less of a plot twist and more a Chekov's Gun, but in the Iron Man movie, the moment where Stane makes off with the new arc reactor out of Tony's chest. Dramatic, no doubt, but not when it's really, really easy to remember the original version is downstairs.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Zedd

TheDXM

A History of Violence.

I knew Viggo Mortensen in that movie more than he knew himself.

Zina

The ending to The Village. I'm actually still kind of mad about it.

And the twist in Fight Club.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Every "twist" in Eragon. *shudders* But I don't know if you can count that......

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Jairus

Captain Qwark stabbing you in the back in Ratchet & Clank. I also knew he was gonna show up in Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando. And that he didn't die in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal.

I will say that one thing I could never have predicted was the identity of the Precursors in Jak 3. That one was a total shock. And so freaking perfect.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

rabid_fox

Oh dear.