Castlevainia movie 2011

Started by GabrielsThoughts, March 02, 2009, 10:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488982/

so that this would make people cringe in terror. it will most likely have nothing in common with castlevainia...however , that is to be expected of Hollywood's re-imaginings of video games
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

ilpalazzo

Darkmoon

Nice to see the two Castlevania fans have come out. ;)

Jairus

Quote from: Darkmoon on March 05, 2009, 12:20:42 AM
Nice to see the two Castlevania fans have come out. ;)
Hey, give me some credit, I just got started reading CVRPG. Give me a little time, and I'll catch up. Unless you're talking about the games, in which case I've never played them. Poor me.

As for the movie... for some reason, video game movies make me shudder. I mean, I can't think of a single one that was any good.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Drase

I've played a few of the games. Granted, if i recall correctly the first castlevania game I played was the second castlevania Nintendo game, which when I was little creeped me the hell out.  So I may or may not watch it.

Valynth

So long as Uwe never gets within 20ft. of it, I'll watch it.

I've heard that man can just ruin films by proxy now.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Mao

I'll be keeping an eye on this.  *pets his castlevania games lovingly*

Lysander

If the movie has ay relation to Castlevania beyond character names it will probably be an awesome movie. And if it is I wonder whose story it will follow or if it will be of a new Belmont.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 05, 2009, 06:32:31 AM

See that, D? There's three of you, now. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Valynth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 05, 2009, 12:02:15 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 05, 2009, 06:32:31 AM

See that, D? There's three of you, now. ;-]

Hey!  I'll have you know I've only enjoyed one Castlevania game...

And damnit, I still play SOTN on my playstation!  I even got misty-eyed at the end of it, not because of Alucard or his pissy-emo story, but because I knew that one of the most satisfying games I would ever play was now over and all that lay ahead of me is constant cynicism about how games are always closing on perfection only to take one or more steps back from the fun.

*ends this bitchy rant with chainsaw-dynamite seppuku*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Darkmoon

Quote from: Lysander on March 05, 2009, 11:55:09 AM
If the movie has any relation to Castlevania beyond character names it will probably be an awesome movie.

That was the issue with the comic book published by IDW. They ignored almost the complete mythology of the series. Ugh.

And for the record, as good as SotN was, it should have remained a one-off sidestory. I shouldn't have become the standard mechanic of the series.

Mao

Quote from: Darkmoon on March 06, 2009, 07:08:13 AM
Quote from: Lysander on March 05, 2009, 11:55:09 AM
If the movie has any relation to Castlevania beyond character names it will probably be an awesome movie.

That was the issue with the comic book published by IDW. They ignored almost the complete mythology of the series. Ugh.

And for the record, as good as SotN was, it should have remained a one-off sidestory. I shouldn't have become the standard mechanic of the series.

*slowly puts away his copy of Order of Ecclesia*

Darkmoon

There's nothing wrong with the mechanic... I just wish it wasn't the only type of game being released (the reissue of Rondo being the exception, not the rule). The classic games had a certain flair to them (despite and maybe because of how hard they were). There's something almost magical about them that the SotN game haven't been able to match (at least, not consistently).

Don't get me wrong. I think Circle of the Moon is a fantastic game (as an example). It would just been nice if CotM had been in between a couple of Classic-inspired games to help keep the magic of the Castleroid fresh.

Mao

Hehe.. but of course Rondo(psp) did have the sweet sweet unlockable SotN.  I giggled quite a bit once I unlocked it.  I really do like the original style of the Castlevania games, however I like what was introduced by SotN more.  Though I don't see why they don't put out more games in the old system either or why they (if they do it at all) only make it something you can unlock, but not start out as.  Maybe it's a dummy filtering system... if you can't beat it with the RPG game mechanics then you're screwed with the old action ones.

King Of Hearts

I heard of this a long time ago... wasnt Chariman Koga from Iron chef supposed to be drac?

Robbychu

Quote from: King Of Hearts on March 09, 2009, 09:03:14 AM
I heard of this a long time ago... wasnt Chariman Koga from Iron chef supposed to be drac?

...Suddenly, I'd pay to see this movie. Before I was like "THIS MOVIE WILL SUCK AND HAVE NO REDEEMING FEATURES DUE TO IT BEING A VIDJA GAME MOVIE D:" but hearing that makes me go "I'd see that just to see chairman Koga as Dracula." That would be awesome on so many levels.
THIS POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY ALL CAPS. :)

Rheeeeeeeee...

Zedd

I'll see it...Even if they don't do too well with the plot..I'd still watch

AzrailX

A Castlevania movie would be awesome,if done correctly.That's the hard part,however.The games themselves don't have much of a plot besides the opening storylines.Who would the Belmonts or other heroes talk to?
It'd be heavy on action and less on plot which might make the movie a bore to some.That said,some action wouldn't hurt at all and might be welcome.But filling up 2 hours of time with action sequences alone might not make a great film by itself.
On the plus,Konami has a good plot involving the Belmonts and Dracula.That might work towards the better.
It seems like the writers would have to introduce characters they made up to fill in the slots of lacking character roles.If this is done,it shouldn't detract from the games themselves.
  Also,which time period would they start out with?Lament of Innocence,or regular Castlevania?
They need to start from the beginning,so Lament would be right.But,there's no one for Leon to talk to besides Rinaldo,Walter and his girlfriend.
Wait maybe some bosses too.
   Regardless,I would go see the Castlevania flick just to see how they did.If it's done I hope that they get it right and avoid other lame video game movies.