Deleting posts

Started by Gabi, July 14, 2006, 02:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

Sorry if this is obvious, but I've been looking for several minutes and I can't find it. Is there a way to delete your posts on this forum?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Damaris

No.  I don't like that option, as I have seen it abused in fights many a time.  I find editing much better because then, if a poster edits the content away, at least we can see that they did that, and the people they're fighting with don't look like they should be hospitalized. ;)

If you double post, or decide you don't want your post around, just edit it to "delete me" or make it something silly.  Either way.

Additionally, if a moderator deletes a post, it is recycled to the Abandoned Mine.  Once it is deleted from there, however, it is completely gone.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Gabi

Ah, ok. Fights are not approved of in other forums I frequent, I guess that's why I've never found any problems with deleted posts.

Darkmoon

We have no issue with fights, mostly cause I can't usually stay out of them. However, the rules still apply. No trolling, and no personal shit. If it gets personal, take it to the IMs.

Oh, and when the fight gets boring for outside readers, we usually close them.

Netami

Oh good, Azlan wont be able to make a douche of himself and then delete the evidence!

Darkmoon

Well, he could dlete the content of the post by editing it, but we would still be able to mock him for having an empty post.

Azlan

Quote from: Netami on July 14, 2006, 07:46:05 PM
Oh good, Azlan wont be able to make a douche of himself and then delete the evidence!

The self-appointed paranoia agent once again misses the true meaning of the gesture. 

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Netami

Quote from: Azlan on July 15, 2006, 05:11:32 PM
Quote from: Netami on July 14, 2006, 07:46:05 PM

The self-appointed paranoia agent once again misses the true meaning of the gesture. 

Oh, let me guess? You delete your shit talking posts to "calm the tension" or be a better man by stopping the argument, right?

Funny that you do it only in hindsight, after your points have made you look foolish.

Azlan

You are the only one I have ever seen look foolish, the anti-elitist, aggrevator, and confrontationalist.  You only exist to goade people into arguments and passive/aggressively resist things you do not agree with.  You must be a very lonely person if you continually troll boards to argue with people you do not like. 

ITOS

:tired

*sigh*
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Gabi

Ah... I see. This is one of the fights you were speaking of, right? :rolleyes

bill

Azlan

It is obvious that Netami doesn't like me and the reverse is true.  And yes, this qualifies as one of those "arguments" that was previously stated.

bill

Anyway, I'd just like to point out that I've never seen post deletion abused on any forum I've been to. The one I'm in (tbk.fameflame.dk/phpBB2) allows post deletion if the post has not been replied to.

Netami

Quote from: Azlan on July 15, 2006, 06:20:40 PM
You are the only one I have ever seen look foolish, the anti-elitist, aggrevator, and confrontationalist.  You only exist to goade people into arguments and passive/aggressively resist things you do not agree with.  You must be a very lonely person if you continually troll boards to argue with people you do not like. 

The biggest worry I have is that people look at who I am and not what I am saying. It's wonderful that you'll push past any and all points in an arguement and go straight for my reputation. Do you honestly think I care about that sort of thing? I have always been about keeping things level, and you better believe I am going to raise hell if I see an uneven surface. Latest case? You calling Mana in his RP on all sorts of trespasses that you commited yourself in your own RPs.

While we're throwing the labels out and naming the obvious, you do realize you're the overly xenophobic sort of guy that expects people to give a damn about his name and honestly thinks there's something to his post count. He who continually rides his appearance in DMFA because lord knows he hasn't got an inch of redeeming quality in his entire body.

No, I don't like you. And I don't care if you don't like me. It may exclude me from your ego-stroking bouts of fairy magic that you try to legitimize into role playing sessions, but I'll manage.

bill

No offense intended, but what the hell. I have no idea what the hell is between you folks, but either stop it, or deal with it in PM. This does not belong in the public.

Azlan

Your argument has some merit, but the way you approach it is definitely wrong.  Have you ever considered that your attempts to 'level' situations is generally what escalates things beyond reasonable bounds? 

Anyways, it is best if this no longer continues.  Can we have this locked?

bill

By no means am I trying to level this. Bitch at each other in PMs if you want, but the rest of the forum doesn't need to see it.

Netami

I find things unreasonable when change doesn't occur. When people go quietly into the night and just stop talking to you about things. Nothing gets accomplished that way. You're still a prick and people still have to put up with your overbearing crap. Thus you have to put up with my overbearing crap.

PMs work, sure, but most of what I am trying accomplish here is done only in the eye of the public. I already know how you are in private, I am emasculating you in public until you stop your shit. By extension then maybe Manawolf will leave me alone complaining about you complaining to him.

And the rest of the forum doesn't need to click this topic if they don't want to, mister Buckner.

Azlan

Well if Mana would address his problems to me instead of complainig to you, things would get corrected.  It is quite evident you are not the person to deal with his issues.  So I want him to address these things with me.

BillBuckner is full within his rights to make his statement, and Netami is correct that no one needs to click this topic.

Emasculate away Netami, it should be interesting to say the least.

Netami

It's been done, and it has been interesting, but as I said before, there's not a whole lot to you unless you're complaining about something.

I'm just going to go back to my super flamin' BBQ now.

Gabi

You're not emasculating anyone, you're only showing you don't know how to stop. This isn't what I wanted when I started this thread, and I don't think anyone wants to read your arguments, and definitely no one will think any higher of either of you if you continue; so do take your fight away from here.

Azlan

Indeed, I'm sorry Gabi... my love of confrontation gets away from me at times. 

Netami

I apologize for nothing. I've said my peace and I've moved on.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: BillBuckner on July 15, 2006, 06:28:33 PM
Anyway, I'd just like to point out that I've never seen post deletion abused on any forum I've been to. The one I'm in (tbk.fameflame.dk/phpBB2) allows post deletion if the post has not been replied to.
Ya, I go to another forum that is the same way.

Fizzbit

Hey guys, tone down the arguing. Deal with it in PMs or IMs, but don't bicker like this in public.

Destina Faroda

But I wanna see the fur fly. ;)
Sig coming...whenever...

Paladin Sheppard

Oooh the pun the delicious pun! Nice one Destina!  :D

Fizzbit

There will be no flamewars allowed. Simple as that.

Destina Faroda

And I thought I was the serious one around here.  Can't you lighten up?  The war's actually over.
Sig coming...whenever...