Ze Amber for Canada discussion thread.

Started by Amber Williams, December 18, 2008, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Sofox on December 18, 2008, 10:41:41 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on December 18, 2008, 01:25:08 AM
I'm just here to observe the chaos as it unfolds, and Amber gets buried under emails. I'd have no chance bidding, soooo...  :U

Don't worry, you'll find a way to get a cameo in DMFA someday...

Silly man, there'd be no way that could happen~
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

schala

New member here, I actually was unaware there was a forum for DMFA. But now that I know, watch out!

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems with immigration. I've been a loyal reader for years and I wish that I could help you out financially. Unfortunately I'm a public school teacher with a mortgage and a car payment...ug. The current bid is pretty much my entire paycheck. It's not like I had a character that I could use for a cameo anyway, so meh...

Maybe after I get another raise (yea, right) I'll be able to afford to donate to you. You are, after all, my favorite web comic. 
:goamber

- Schala  :januscat

Tapewolf

Quote from: schala on December 18, 2008, 07:03:35 PM
New member here, I actually was unaware there was a forum for DMFA. But now that I know, watch out!

Welcome aboard (also the other new guys!).  Don't forget to read (and follow!) the rules.  Don't deliberately annoy the moderators or anything daft like that.  Usual common-sense stuff.  Anyway, have fun.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Quote from: schala on December 18, 2008, 07:03:35 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems with immigration. I've been a loyal reader for years and I wish that I could help you out financially. Unfortunately I'm a public school teacher with a mortgage and a car payment...ug. The current bid is pretty much my entire paycheck. It's not like I had a character that I could use for a cameo anyway, so meh...

Maybe after I get another raise (yea, right) I'll be able to afford to donate to you. You are, after all, my favorite web comic. 
:goamber

Don't worry about it. Tell you what, if you would just stand up to your mom and not summon NARFING LAVOS, I will consider that a fair trade.   I mean seriously woman. :U

Er...I mean welcome. :B

Mao

Yeah seriously.. you left your little brother Magus... er Janus to clean up the mess.

ShadesFox

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 18, 2008, 07:12:54 PM
Tell you what, if you would just stand up to your mom and not summon NARFING LAVOS, I will consider that a fair trade.   I mean seriously woman. :U

Wha? No!  Then we wouldn't have Chrono Trigger.  I was gonna get that for Christmas :<
The All Purpose Fox

Valynth

Quote from: ShadesFox on December 18, 2008, 10:56:20 PM
Tell you what, if you would just stand up to your mom and not summon NARFING LAVOS, I will consider that a fair trade.   I mean seriously woman. :U

Wha? No!  Then we wouldn't have Chrono Trigger.  I was gonna get that for Christmas :<

If you paid for it, you got ripped off.  *has it on emulator*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Amber Williams

It's pretty fun. I got it when I went visiting though I havent had much time to tool about in it yet. Though I am looking forward to the new dungeons and boss/ending. :U

ShadesFox

Quote from: Valynth on December 18, 2008, 11:02:07 PM
If you paid for it, you got ripped off.  *has it on emulator*

You are a sad sad man with no friends ;p
Quote from: Amber Williams on December 18, 2008, 11:09:11 PM

It's pretty fun. I got it when I went visiting though I havent had much time to tool about in it yet. Though I am looking forward to the new dungeons and boss/ending. :U

Me too.  I have no idea WHEN I would play it.  But my initial fears of the game were alleviated when I was told that the monster training bit seems strictly optional, which might actually make it amusing.
The All Purpose Fox

Amber Williams

Yeah. I briefly saw that when I did get a chance to play. Its basically ye old option portal in the end of time that one can ignore completely. The only thing it seems to be good for is that higher level pit battles can rustle you up some nice prizes like magic capsules.

But really, what I did play was really nice. The translations are a bit different, but flow a lot smoother. There is less delays in certain loading, and from what I hear they added an extra few maps. One you can do during the time you normally do all those side-quests (after you get Chrono back) and another set you can only unlock if you beat the game once.

I think my family has a cruel sense of humour. I got the game as an early christmas present before I got back...and since then I have maybe had 3 hours to play when I am not busy fussing about paperwork or stress. :<

ShadesFox

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 18, 2008, 11:35:53 PM
I think my family has a cruel sense of humour. I got the game as an early christmas present before I got back...and since then I have maybe had 3 hours to play when I am not busy fussing about paperwork or stress. :<

I feel the same way.  What ever I get for Christmas is going to be promptly neglected as I write a thesis...

Though sometimes I wonder how you get through it all.  I'm afraid that if I ever did such a think the folk going over immigration papers would call me in and say, "I know this is kind of unorthodox for an immigration office, but we put it to a vote and have sentenced you to death.  I'm sorry, but the vote was unanimous."
The All Purpose Fox

Janus Whitefurr

Guilty admission: Chrono Trigger was the inspiration for my online personage's name.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Alterationartist

I still feel that free-naming games should have some sort of bonus for specific non-default character names, like naming

SPOILARZ!!!

Marle "Nadia", Frog "Glenn", or Magus "Janus".

NAWT SPOILARZ!!!

Either way, when I get CTDS, This is gonna be my character scheme

MOAR SPOILARZ!!!

Crono "Serge", Marle "Kid", Lucca "Sis", Robo "FATE" (lol), Frog "Glenn", Ayla "Leah", Magus "Lynx"
Hehehehe... allusions...

END POST!!!
Round 9!

Wolf_Plushtoy

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 18, 2008, 12:50:23 AM
I realized that it would likely be good to have a thread open for peeps to talk about things since I had the other locked.

Thank you. When I saw this post in the other thread:

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 18, 2008, 07:09:19 PM
U guyz are totally ruining the seriousness of my situation.  :<

I just had to reply with this image that I've had on my hard drive for a while:

Alondro

Quote from: Jairus on December 18, 2008, 04:50:17 PM
Quote from: Alondro on December 18, 2008, 04:44:43 PM
:erk  Ok, I am officially WAYYYY outbid.  To beat that I'd have to forego Anthrocon!

Charline will now do such horrible things to me!   :cry

*cracks knuckles*
Charline.
*rests an arm on Charline's shoulder*
Now, you are going to be nice to Alondro, and you are not going to hurt him or do horrible thing like that... or I will make you sorry you had. Understand? *pats Charline on the head* Good.

*Charline hmms*  Well, I WAS going to be merciful to Charles, because it's not his fault his family is a bunch of freeloaders who take advantage of his generosity and financial responsibility...

Buuuut since you've threatened me, I shall now enact FULL PUNISHMENT UPON CHARLES!!!  BWAH HA HA HA!!!   :mwaha

*Charles noez!*  :O
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jairus

Quote from: Alondro on December 19, 2008, 10:08:49 AM
Quote from: Jairus on December 18, 2008, 04:50:17 PM
Quote from: Alondro on December 18, 2008, 04:44:43 PM
:erk  Ok, I am officially WAYYYY outbid.  To beat that I'd have to forego Anthrocon!

Charline will now do such horrible things to me!   :cry

*cracks knuckles*
Charline.
*rests an arm on Charline's shoulder*
Now, you are going to be nice to Alondro, and you are not going to hurt him or do horrible thing like that... or I will make you sorry you had. Understand? *pats Charline on the head* Good.

*Charline hmms*  Well, I WAS going to be merciful to Charles, because it's not his fault his family is a bunch of freeloaders who take advantage of his generosity and financial responsibility...

Buuuut since you've threatened me, I shall now enact FULL PUNISHMENT UPON CHARLES!!!  BWAH HA HA HA!!!   :mwaha

*Charles noez!*  :O
Oh no, Charline, I wasn't threatening you. I was simply going to have a nice talking to you. On the other hand... *grabs popcorn to watch the torment* This could be good.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Netrogo

Hooooooooolleeeeeee crap. I drag my ass away from WoW long enough to remember once again I'm registered here, think to myself "Oh hey that auction thing is up, let's go see if my money coming in will get me a sweet spot in the comic" WRONG. I was expecting to dig deep if I tried but this has already blown my income out of the water. Shame too, I'd have loved to see how Amber handled my cybernetic rodent in her little world.

Either way congratulations Amber, here's hoping the request cameo isn't some tentacle monster :erk And also best of luck with the immigration situation. I dunno if this will help ease your stress but you do have it alot easier then most. I have a friend that's been trying to move here but lacking the marriage tag you have it's ridiculously harder. I actually took the same test he did and found that I wouldn't be allowed into my own country with my skill set and finances :cry

Anyways here's hoping you're a card carrying member of our snow smothered, beaver loving, maple syrup hoarding nation in the new year.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Mao

Cheers to that.  Shall we make her an honorary newfie too?  I've got the dark rum, you get the cod.

Don

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 19, 2008, 12:19:25 PM
Cheers to that.  Shall we make her an honorary newfie too?  I've got the dark rum, you get the cod.

Don't be forgettin the molasses and bruise with that mix. Ye can't have a complete newfie dinner witout em.  :3

Actually that be a good idea..methinks i'll make some for dinner tonight..

Alondro

Quote from: Netrogo on December 19, 2008, 11:43:39 AM

Either way congratulations Amber, here's hoping the request cameo isn't some tentacle monster :erk

*Alondro takes over for the time being, as Charline is busy destroying Charles... and Charles cannot speak at the moment as he's missing his larynx*  Well, the Librarian already qualifies as a tentacle monster.  And Cubi have wing tentacles, the uses for which have already been aluded to multiple times.  Such a monster would fit right in!   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

schala

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 18, 2008, 11:09:11 PM

I'm actually glad to FINALLY find a community that actually knows where my username comes from. I've been using it since I was in Junior High (when the game came out on SNES). Schala is my favorite NPC ever. So, I won't summon Lavos (hate that part of the game).

I want the game on DS, but I have the same problem. With work and grading, when would I play it? And it isn't like I don't already have it on PS...

Thanks for the kind invites! And I am so glad to hear that the immigration stuff is going semi-smoothly right now!

ShadesFox

Quote from: schala on December 19, 2008, 03:13:13 PM
I'm actually glad to FINALLY find a community that actually knows where my username comes from. I've been using it since I was in Junior High (when the game came out on SNES). Schala is my favorite NPC ever. So, I won't summon Lavos (hate that part of the game).

I want the game on DS, but I have the same problem. With work and grading, when would I play it? And it isn't like I don't already have it on PS...

Thanks for the kind invites! And I am so glad to hear that the immigration stuff is going semi-smoothly right now!

What?  Another teacher on the forum?

And I must admit, your bit about people not recognizing it reminds me of a friend of mine, he had displayed the pendent from Lunar 2 for years and no one recognized it.
The All Purpose Fox

ladyjssem

Well... now I wish I had known about this forum... I am behind on the times. But eh not surprising.  :rolleyes Anyways... I just wanted to wish you and your hubby the best of luck, and shall be donating whatever I might've bid. Since the high bid is currently like say... 5 times my pay check :erk. Ah well, yays for Amber!

Now to start the madness my-self  :dotdotdot

Kryslin

..And someone wants that Cameo worse than I do. :)

I can't counter bid, I'm up against the limit my bank has on transfers...  I concede: Morris, who ever you may be, it's yours.

Say... How about a group of us pool our funds to out bid 'em for a group shot...? :rolleyes  (Just kidding...)

Kryslin
Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam,
Et lingua eius loquetur indicium.

ShadesFox

Heee, ya hear that Mab, your auction's limit is the WIRE TRANSFER LIMIT!
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

Amber Williams

Would this be a bad time to mention that two people messaged asking if I would accept multiple payments over the course of a few months? :U

Edit note: In case anyone is wondering, the response I gave was that I was uncertain and that considering there were still a couple peeps still bidding that it was possible even with multiple payments their amount could get exceeded. So that they would likely fare better to wait till Sunday Morning and see what the situation is.

I admit, I didn't actually consider multiple payments as an option until it was mentioned. Originally I had the expectation that the auction might hit 500, 600 at the most so I didn't forsee any reason for it.  But since the initial stress that caused the whole donation request and auction has been filled (aka: The rent is secure for next month), the need for a large sum at once has been lessened.

That, combined with the whole fact it may be a few months before the storyline works its way to the cameo...it doesnt see that farfetched.  Really, the only thing that is really holding me back is because it feels very greedy of me.

Lisky

... wait, there's a layaway plan for the cameo auction?

not that i could actually afford to do that, but if you need some donations come mid-January i'll have some disposable income by then. But until then, i'm hemorrhaging dollar bills like a certain large and very hairy dog sheds his hair (seriously, how the hell is duke not bald)

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Silver Pomeranian Genji

I'd donate, but I can't figure out how the frig to transfer donation funds to the account, otherwise, it'd be no problem. On a lighter note, I sincerely hope that everything works out.
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?

Kryslin

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 19, 2008, 10:17:48 PM
Would this be a bad time to mention that two people messaged asking if I would accept multiple payments over the course of a few months? :U

I'm tempted.  Really, really tempted.  Over the course of three months, I could easily manage $3K.

One thing I have learned from multiple con art auctions was that you set yourself a limit, and stick to it, HARD.

I have conceded; I do realize, though, I'm the next in line if Morris stiffs Amber...

Kryslin
Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam,
Et lingua eius loquetur indicium.