New to the forums, and want to say hi

Started by Lisky, December 10, 2008, 04:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.  If you haven't done so already, your first port of call should be to read the rules.  If you have already done so, read them again anyway as there may be a test  >:3
Apart from that, have fun and enjoy your stay.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lisky

haha, thanks for the heads up... though if there is a test, i hope it can wait for a week... my friend introduced me to DMFA while on a break from studying for finals, and my last one is friday

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Suwako

Good luck with that, If you fail can we cut you open and remove some of the fail and your organs?

:)

Tapewolf

Actually, we've had a spate of people who didn't read the rules, promptly broke them, got warned and then started arguing with the admins.  Not pretty.
By and large, reminding people to read the rules in their intro thread seems to work for all but the terminally-inept.   Good luck with the exams, by the way.

Quote from: Aiyno on December 10, 2008, 04:57:50 PM
Good luck with that, If you fail can we cut you open and remove some of the fail and your organs?
I misread that as one of Alondro's posts...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lisky

haha, thanks for the concern, i'm gonna need all the luck i can get, org-chem is not the most fun subject... and the fact that i'm avoiding studying doesn't help all that much either

anyways, if you want to know anything about me, feel free to ask

llearch n'n'daCorna

I dunno, I kinda liked organic chemistry. All the very similar molecules and atomic weights and carbon variations and stuff...

Admittedly this is a few years ago, now.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on December 10, 2008, 05:05:02 PM
anyways, if you want to know anything about me, feel free to ask

Nahhhh. It's much more fun to attribute bizarre opinions and physical features to you and insist on them actually existing over your protests :P People here beat me to the "Welcome and follow the rules" punch, so all I have to say is "Welcome To The Forum, And Have A Nice Day!"!
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

... classy... i guess i better quash the rumors first, and do a quick bio before i get described as some type of demon spawn, bent on world domination, while doing a little pillageing here and there...

soo, here it goes, i'm a college student, 2nd sem-sophmore, i'm 6'2", blond hair, blue eyes.  I do some kinda crazy things, rock climbing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, paintball... i'm out-going, pretty active, a little bit of a gamer, and probably a little over-social.

I live in a house with 3 other people on campus, i've got a german shepherd named duke ,who is probably more popular than myself, and i'm currently in the pre-med program.

Lisky

sorry about that, didnt realise it had posted the first time till it was too late

llearch n'n'daCorna

... *cough*

"Wonder Mod Powers, Activate!"

Double-posting is frowned upon, around these parts. You might want to look into using the Edit/Modify button, next time.

The exceptions to this guideline are:
- When you are posting in your art thread, and nobody else has posted since your last post.
- When you have official licence from the Moderators, in writing, signed by a quorum.
- When you cannot edit your post, eg in the Abandoned Mine.

HTH, HAND.

LionHeart

*appears in a flash of blue light*

Greetings. Welcome to this place - a dimension of sight and sound, but mostly of mind.

Please leave your remaining sanity (if any) in the secure storage provided near the entrance. Be sure to keep your claim ticket.

Have a welcome gift. *gives the new person a souvenir coffee mug* Watch out for llearch trying to claim it as his - his can be recognised by the fungus growing on it, which has reached the level of a sentient life-form. (We figure it's only a matter of time before it signs up for an account on here...)

Have fun here where the insanity party never ends!

*waves, and vanishes in a shower of coloured sparkles*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

What makes you think it hasn't already? Heck, for all we know, this newbie is the creature that grew out of my coffee cup - which I cleaned, thank you. Regularly.

I'm still trying to figure out how you managed to get that stuff to grow in there.

Mao

Quote from: LionHeart on December 11, 2008, 12:16:28 PM
...his can be recognised by the fungus growing on it, which has reached the level of a sentient life-form. (We figure it's only a matter of time before it signs up for an account on here...)

I'll thank you to know that I was in no way fungal and that I signed up for this forum a while ago.

Anyway welcome aboard.  Keep an eye out for anyone offering advice, as they're likely out to get you.  Particularly that llearch fellow.  He's always up to something.  Trust no one really.. we're all liars and thieves here.

Suwako

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 10, 2008, 04:59:08 PM
Quote from: Aiyno on December 10, 2008, 04:57:50 PM
I misread that as one of Alondro's posts...

I am not Alondro, I'm far nicer than he is, I'm always nice to newbies!

Do not look in my cellar, I have no jars with names of newbies who once joined here there at all.

Why do you all look at me like that?  :<

Lisky

well, i doubt you'll be making any jam from my fail... so far my exams have felt way to easy.  that being said, org-chem is tomorrow and by far the worst and most difficult...

and unless the fungi that grew in llearch's coffee mug is soon to be a doctor, and has a habbit of doing incredibly stupid things for the sake of showing off for the ladies, then i'm in extreme doubts about his theory of me being said creature

Suwako

Lisky

the doctor part, or the doing stupid things part?

Suwako

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on December 11, 2008, 03:08:29 PM
the doctor part, or the doing stupid things part?

Is there a necessity to not choose both?

Also, I should note to myself  that I should not use the Forum as a private chat and should discontinue this, yeah.

Lisky

well then, i guess some amusing stories should change topics, and keep this from being a 1 on 1... so i guess i'll start with why i say i do stupid things to try and impress girls, that will also cover why i'm only a 2nd sem sophmore.

It all started last winter when i went on a snowboarding trip in northern MI with a group of friends, 3 guys, 2 girls, and i had a thing for 1 of the girls... 
soo, 2nd day there, it's just me and her on this really nasty looking black diamond.  So, to try and showboat, not only do i try the run as fast as possible, i find a nice looking jump and try a tailgrab, and spin... landing wasnt the problem, is was the 2 seconds of disorentation, shortly followed by hitting a mogul, and wiping out that was.

Soo... i hit the mogul, slide down the slope, and see a rather large tree starts comming towards me, i try rolling, but not enough.  It slams into my armpit, dislocating my shoulder...

3 months later and i'm all better, but had to drop out for a sem while i was recovering and in therapy... moral of the story, if your gonna show off, try and make sure your still capable of taking advantage of your displays of awesomeness in the aftermath

Colgatecrusader

i do this on my other forums, why not here

welcome to the clockwork mansion *cough* DMFA *cough*  forums
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Darkmoon

The proper response:

Peace and long life.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Lisky

Jairus

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on December 12, 2008, 07:02:18 PM
... i'm done with finals  :mwaha

Me too! :boogie

Now to go shopping and cleaning and packing for Christmas vacation... oh gods. :cry
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lisky

haha, i plan on avoiding the fam for as long as possible actually, hopefully i can string the return home out till at least monday... it feels soo soo much better now that i can return to a semi-normal social life... if only most of my friends wern't home or have finals on monday

Jairus

I'm going home tomorrow, late morning. Argh.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lisky

hey man, dont worry about it, i'm sure it'll all be fine, except for the relativly painful process of trying to make yourself seem like you havent been getting into trouble, despite text messages, and email, and picture proof from friends and whatnot... it's all a matter of keeping it hidden until january rolls around and your back at school :mowtongue

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lisky

haha, i dunno about interesting times, but at least i'll be able to set my compy, TV and sound system in my room, so i can minimize my time of exposure to them  :mowtongue

Colgatecrusader

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 11, 2008, 11:43:43 PM
The proper response:

Peace and long life.

the need of the many out ways the need of the few, or the one.
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.