Black friday

Started by thegayhare, November 28, 2008, 07:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

so anyone here doing any black friday shopping?

Me and my sis were up at 4 am and headed to walmart.  we hit them up for a pair of cheap gps navi's  and sis got lucky.  one of them didn't ring up and the clerk was so busy she didn't notice so it was a 2 for 1 deal...

one for sis and one for mom for x-mass

we also both picked up a 4 gig flash drive tor 10 bucks

but man was the store crowded.  we were pretty much in and out

hell we got back home at 6 am and since we got there at 5 15 that doesn't leave alot of time for dubbing about.

but the place was packed.  mainly infront of electronics. that was the worst log jam... several carriges deep at points.  we foiund out it was much easier to slip down the aisles and walk up the backs at times.

so how bout you folks?

superluser

There's a group out there who wants to turn today into Buy Nothing Day.

I think they should have picked a different day, because you never let your opponent set the agenda.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Gareeku

I'm going to do all my Christmas shopping over the internet this weekend. That way I'll get the stuff in time and I won't have to deal with overcrowded shopping centres filled with crazed idiot shoppers.

Dakata

All I give for Christmas/Birthdays is art and other crap I made because I'm lazy and don't like spending money on people (Unless they deserve it). :3 But my dad does the same thing as Gar.

But I'm probably gonna buy some stuff for myself, yay. Hopefully, there's some good deals on cool stuff because I'm kinda cheap like that.

Corgatha Taldorthar

To steal a march from Yahztee. Short answer, no.

Long answer.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I tend to do my shopping when/if I need things, and often the plethora of other people buying to some sort of holday schdule makes for traffic that I'd rather avoid.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

thegayhare

LOL
well I'll admit we normaly hide during the whole black friday thing ourselves.  but my mom has been wanting a navi for her car for ages and my sis needed to replace hers so for 97 dollars this was a good deal.  pluss it was a much better deal we actualy got  so thats just gravy

Reese Tora

My sister and her friend went out this morning at some time or other to do soem shopping.

I'm thinking about heading down to the verizon store at some point and getting an upgrade to my phone, which I am due for (ie: my contract has expired, they will give me a free phone to lock me in another year or two.)

But I've delayed a few weeks already, and I'll probably wait 'til tomorrow to do it.

There are only two holidays for which I find it prudent to go shopping the day after: Haloween, and Valentines day, and I'm sure you can see my reasoning on that. >:3
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Alondro

Well, here's the first shopping-related trampling of the day: Long Islanders are retarded

And this is why I never shop on Black Friday.  People go insane.

More evidence that the human species must be exterminated!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Dakata

Quote from: Alondro on November 28, 2008, 04:18:39 PM
Well, here's the first shopping-related trampling of the day: Long Islanders are retarded

And this is why I never shop on Black Friday.  People go insane.

More evidence that the human species must be exterminated!   >:3
I just found out about that from an LJ community, and that's just horrible.

People really need to learn what's important. :C But then again, this is America...

I'm kinda pissed that they didn't just close that Walmart down for the rest of the day, instead of just telling the people to leave. They had it coming for being heartless pricks. :/

Sunblink

Quote from: Dak on November 28, 2008, 07:25:06 PM
I'm kinda pissed that they didn't just close that Walmart down for the rest of the day, instead of just telling the people to leave. They had it coming for being heartless pricks. :/

How much would you like to bet that a lot of them just went right back to shopping, only at a different location?

As far as Black Friday goes, I'm writing down the one DVD box set I want. :B I'm not really interested in anything this Christmas, unless my brain stops being dead at the last second.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Alondro on November 28, 2008, 04:18:39 PM
Hey now, not all of us. :eager

...That was pretty bad, though.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

RobbieThe1st

Well, aside from some junkfood shopping at 7PM, nope! (Note that at 7PM, things were empty, almost no one there)

Personally, I am going to be waiting for cyber-monday sales, so I can hopefully get my motherboard and CPU cheaper, and perhaps the three harddisks I need for my new setup also.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Damaris

I am personally a fan of Black Friday, and tend to finish my shopping.  We are lucky in that many of the things we want to pick up for people are often on sale at deep, deep discounts (as well as many movie we would like to add to our collection)

Honestly, the deals are just too good to pass up.  Although we do tend to go in with a budget, in order to avoid overspending.  I think, between Christmas presents and pickup up some work clothing, we ended up spending about $500- but we'd been saving for the last little bit in order to do that. *shrugs*

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber