Favorite/dream cars

Started by LigerJet, July 12, 2006, 12:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LigerJet

What's everyone's favorite and/or dream cars?  Right now...I'm quite intrigued by the Mercedes-Benz S-Class AMG...but...that price.  Augh.  I guess that's why it's only a dream car.  :(

RJ

Hm, I really want a Mini Cooper S... a bright purple one with orange racing stripes! :D

Paladin Sheppard

xHaZxMaTx

2005 British Racing Green 6-Speed Manual MazdaSpeed MX-5 Miata Touring Edition w/  wood panelling, shifter knob, and steering wheel, and beige leather interior.  Girl's car my ass. :mwaha

LigerJet

Funny.  I see more men than women driving Miatas around here.

Xuzaf D

bill

1970 Plymouth SuperBird

Sex.

Netami

I really love my Toyota Matrix. I originally wanted a Prius but there's literally nothing I would change about my current auto... It's got great gas mileage, handles like a dream and it has a FREAKING ELECTRICAL SOCKET RIGHT THERE!

Jack McSlay

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

bill

Just wanted to bump this up with my favorite car of any type of all time, the 1967 AAR Eagle Weslake.

Cvstos

A new 3-Series would be awesome, but my true dream car...

Mercedes-Benz SL-65 AMG.  Style, speed, comfort... it's all there.  Including the $200,000 USD price tag *winces*
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Gornemant

hmmm, so many, I'll just start with some BMWs
BMW E28 M5 never got to drive it because my brother kinda wrecked the engine, was my father's old car, didn't want to fix it so just sold it.... and bought a shoddy fiat uno, urgh, the pain  :(

might as well add the E24 M635CSI

and the M1, the only BMW made in such a chassis design (shame)

and something more recent the Z4 :p

bill

They had a whole racing series with M1s in the early 80s, it was a F1 support series with the F1 drivers in it, IIRC.

Carlos Reutemann

Niki Lauda (absolute legend)

Various drivers.

xHaZxMaTx

And now for pics! :D

And if we're indeed talking about 'dream' cars that we will never attain, I would looooooooove to own a Porsche Carrera GT. :twisted  Though I would probably never drive it fearing I might scratch it. :cry  BTW, there are only 5 of them in my state, and one of them just so happens to be at the Porsche dealership in our town with a hefty price tag of US $450,000.

Gornemant

Quote from: BillBuckner on July 15, 2006, 08:24:39 AM
They had a whole racing series with M1s in the early 80s, it was a F1 support series with the F1 drivers in it, IIRC.
*nods*
QuoteBuilt by the world renowned 'M' division of BMW, the BMW M1 was built as for homologation purposes to allow the car to compete in official racing events.

mazda have some pretty nice cars too, porsche, Lamborghini, ferrari etc is of course wait out of the regular people's budget range :<

so might as well dream a bit of what you could afford, now for some toyota:
toyota supra

and the celica (GT4)

or newer GT-S model

(kinda like the GT4 one better though)

and still in the affordable cars, the lotus elise

:P

xHaZxMaTx

That's a weird looking Elise. :|  Must be an older model.
Some other good imports would be the Mitsu Lancer Evo XIII and the Subaru WRX STi.

Azlan

One of the nicest looking cars of all time... Pantera

One of my favorite BMWs of all time.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Gornemant

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on July 16, 2006, 05:52:09 AM
That's a weird looking Elise. :|  Must be an older model.
Some other good imports would be the Mitsu Lancer Evo XIII and the Subaru WRX STi.
seems to be the Elise S1
and yes, those are pretty nice too  :D
someone I know had a limited edition of the evo VIII, pretty damn costy too :x

Vidar

Jaguag E-type roadster, series 1, 4.2 liter, red with black leather interior.  :dribble

OR

Lamborghini Murcielago roadster.

Just look at it. Have you ever seen anything more beautiful? :dribble
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Gornemant

mmmmm niceness indeed :3

buuut, how about that one?  D:

bill

My uncle has one of these beauties.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Vidar on July 24, 2006, 07:46:33 AM
Jaguag E-type roadster, series 1, 4.2 liter, red with black leather interior. :dribble

OR

That is a nice car, but that's not a roadster. ;)

bill

Did you know that it's a scientific fact that a Red Bull livery makes any car look 61% cooler?

xHaZxMaTx

That's not a fact, it's an opinion, and it's a wrong opinion. :lol

bill

Check out this aerodynamic horror/
D:

xHaZxMaTx

bill

It's like they decided to put the 2004 Walrus Nose on top of the 2006 model.

Gornemant

it is known that a spoiler and extra large kit adds 150ps on any car, fake air intakes another 50ps, the paint job 30ps and every sticker another 5ps each.
or maybe not  D:

bill

Wow! These must be fast as hell!

On a cooler looking note...

MENARDS!

Vidar

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on July 24, 2006, 08:40:26 AM
Quote from: Vidar on July 24, 2006, 07:46:33 AM
Jaguag E-type roadster, series 1, 4.2 liter, red with black leather interior. :dribble

OR

That is a nice car, but that's not a roadster. ;)
So I had trouble finding a good roadster pic.
Also, when you see a car as goodlooking like that, you don't say "that's a nice car", you stand there and become a droolmonkey. :dribble

Quote from: BillBuckner on July 24, 2006, 08:59:34 AM
Wow! These must be fast as hell!

They are compensating for something.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</