You folks might get a laugh out of this

Started by thegayhare, November 21, 2008, 10:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

well recently I've been chatting with what seems like a rather nice guy who is local...  well he will be... he's moving back to the state.

anyway we've been talking for a while and he gave me his phone number.  so after 2 weeks of putting it off because of this weird social anxiety I have about phones (it's so bad some times I have trouble ordering pizza).  at this piont I'm so embarrassed I haven't tried to call him I don't think I'll ever live it down.   

so he contacts me through e-mail asking if every thing's okay.  I explain and promise to try and call him. 

so here comes the funny part.

I called him... he answered and I was so flustered I blanked on his name.  In my panic I managed to ask him if I was there, then appologised and hung up...

*sheepish grins*

pretty sad eh?

techmaster-glitch

Heh. Sounds somewhat like me.

Then again, I hardly have much contact with anyone, period, and the only people I ever call on occasion are my friends. So...yeah :B

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Roureem Egas

Wow...I'm sorry it turned out that way. :T Hopefully you'll be able to explain it to him soon.

Brunhidden

fun fact- for the first three to four months of 'dating' my wife i couldn't for the life of me remember her first name. i cleverly avoided using it but still felt dumb asking her brother (my second best friend) every couple days.

and i put dating in ' ' because technically we only had one date before getting married, and that was after we already started talking marriage plans

yeah, just a little messed up

my suggestion, immediately put a profile on your phone, any phone thats at all new you should be able to put the number in and lable it with his name, thus when you call him it reminds you the name and when he calls you it tells you also

either that or ask him for a photo, print it, and write 'love *insert name* call soon' and put it on an easily visible wall
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nice ideas, Brun.

*hugs* to BunnyBoy. Hope it works out. If it was me, receiving that call, I mean, I'd be snickering to myself about it.

And look on the bright side - at least you've been memorable. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

It'll be all right tgh.  If this fellow is worth it, he'll understand.

Eibborn

Aw, that's actually pretty cute. I'm sure he won't hold it against you, and it'll be something for you guys to laugh about later.
/kicks the internet over

thegayhare

he actualy called me back later that night and we talked for about an hour so yeah it's okay

*chuckles*

Jairus

Quote from: thegayhare on November 23, 2008, 07:59:10 PM
he actualy called me back later that night and we talked for about an hour so yeah it's okay

*chuckles*
Yay! That's great to hear!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

thegayhare

thanks.

he seems like a nice guy, and it could be a good thing.

also Brun I don't have a cell and none of the land lines seem to have a profile stuff.  *chuckles*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Brunhidden

Quote from: thegayhare on November 23, 2008, 08:05:02 PM
also Brun I don't have a cell and none of the land lines seem to have a profile stuff.  *chuckles*

sorry for suggesting then, im sure you will find some other way to remember his name
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 24, 2008, 11:39:21 AM
sorry for suggesting then, im sure you will find some other way to remember his name

The photo idea still works, though.

thegayhare

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 24, 2008, 11:39:21 AM

LOL
no worries it was a good idea but after a few days talking with him I'm no longer afraid of forgetting his name.

clemaxgra

I just got into college and believe it or not, i don't even remember half the names of my 40 classmates from the last 2 years. Even now, some of my college mates would celebrate if i could remember their first name.

thegayhare

It's been a fun couple of days

I realy like this guy, and the freind who introduced us tells me he's realy into me.

we're hopping to meet each other in person some time after x-mass.

but with the age dif I don't think my mom would approve.  so this should be interesting

Rakala

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 22, 2008, 04:07:12 AM
and i put dating in ' ' because technically we only had one date before getting married, and that was after we already started talking marriage plans

Okay, first on an unrelated note, that's kinda what happened with my parents.

Quote from: thegayhare on November 25, 2008, 08:50:47 AM
but with the age dif I don't think my mom would approve.  so this should be interesting

Second, I know you've probably heard this alot but be careful. You don't think internet predators can get you until they do. May not seem like the guy is one but that's no reason to rule it out. Trust me... I know first hand.  :< But I'm sure your friend wouldn't introduce you to somebody who makes guys dissapear, right?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rakala on November 25, 2008, 09:27:07 AM
Second, I know you've probably heard this alot but be careful. You don't think internet predators can get you until they do. May not seem like the guy is one but that's no reason to rule it out. Trust me... I know first hand. But I'm sure your friend wouldn't introduce you to somebody who makes guys dissapear, right?

Honestly, if he can make the Bunny Baker disappear, he can get a job showing up Paul Daniels. ;-]

... Not to say TGH shouldn't be careful, but he's a big boy in more ways than one. I think he'll be ok. *grin*

Mao

I'm fairly sure TGH can look after himself.  Though I have to admit I agree with the idea of caution.  Though not quite for the same reasons.  I've had a few run ins with folks who were less than honest online and what I got was not what I spoke to/saw.  Expect the best, prepare for the worst.

Rakala

Yeah, just cautioning him. I'm pretty sure I told people the same things he will.

Lysander

Well supposing things work out it sounds like it you will have a great time. I'm not sure how to go about the mother situation though.    :januscat
TytajLucheek