The Milk and Cookies Incident (IC, open)

Started by Lady Buggery, October 17, 2008, 12:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

Eric returned minutes later his make up fixed and beneath it a  shape shifted techquic had transformed Eric form a mishmash blurred looking k9 being to a hyena being masquerading as a k9. for no really reason this is how he chose to appear to others. upon hearing Vash's question he recount the wizards quest for the graduation present that it was separated into parts and taken by a powerful wizard as well. he left out the part about the wizard looking like a ball of light to him as that was personal.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

"Ah. So do you have any ideas on where to start looking? Being new to this world as well as its local dimensions and timespace puts me at a disadvantage here"
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

e_voyager

Eric shrugged. "no clue i arrived in my sleep a few hours ago" he looked over the others that had accepted the quest or were debating it  "there are some here who have my have some sort of tracking skills but not i."
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

"So unless one of those guys can track magical objects or has a lead, we're chasin' these artifacts blind... Oughta make things interesting...Aw man, my soup's gone cold"
With this, Vash picked up the soup bowl and closed his eyes. A small ball of fire appeared above the bowl and plunged into the soup, which boiled for a few seconds.
"That's better."
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

e_voyager

"that about sums it up" Eric watched the display of magic " nice trick but why fire instead of light?"

Kitsune Ascendant

"Fire...instead of light? Not sure I follow, but fire's the only element I'm really good with."

e_voyager

Eric hold up a hand in his hand an orb of light appears. it runs though several colors starting blue going red, green, yellow and so forth until it ended in and white orb then he reabsorbed. " lights is one of the most common forms of power i've seen blue in general is for healing or good guy power white tend to be holy or healing power often considered the same. red is bad guy danger limits power and green is ofter will or life energy. i prefer blue myself but if you use it ring this light can either light your way of blow down walls. it is very useful and the heat is easier to control then fire. here" with that Eric calls up two balls of lies both blue one cool almost cold to the touch the other  hot enough to make water boil the bother hover over his left hand. "try either one you wish, and they don' even need air to function"

Kitsune Ascendant

"Hmm...pretty cool. How long do you think it'd take me to learn that?"

e_voyager

"i don't know." said Eric truthfully " i've seen some people learn it in as little as a day and others take 50 years or more. the light is energy it's a renewable part of yourself really.  it's like your ability to focus on something or perhaps your desires. it's different tapping into it for everyone. a word of advice thong. it is as tiring and any other form of energy manipulation you've ever done. only the strongest in mind and body master it to levels likes those who trained me and i fall short of their stature like an ant hills falls short of a mountain. "

Kipiru

Kipiru watched the light show silently and then started flicking his fingers in front of his face with a curious expression. On the fourth try he produced a tiny red light orb at the tip of his finger and smiled approvingly. After which he used the red orb to light up a cigar and leaned back next to the red girl in wait of information.

Kitsune Ascendant

"So it's a kind of wild magic, just like my elemental power..."
Vash held out his hand, and tried to conjure one of the balls of light. instead, a small fireball appeared. Vash looked at it, disappointed, and waved it away.
"Looks like it might take a while with my elemental affinity."

e_voyager

the spark of light produced but some a few tables over had not escaped Eric's attention but he chose not to speak on it.

"I'ts not magic per say it's more like  you will mad tangible. it is energy that you produce not that is give to you in most cases. " Eric thong about what he saw and considered. " when you try to reach for the power don't think of the light, magic or any color. don't think of power as magic. Just concentrate on putting you will into you hands for whats ever reason and what you want to do with it like this: "  With that Eric sent a marble sizes ball of light  against his salad bowl pushing it half way across the table. " i believe in magical places they call it aura bending but i'm not 100% sure that's the right name for it."

Kitsune Ascendant

"Will made tangible..."
Vash thought about this for a few minutes, then closed his eyes and concentrated. A faint ball of silver-blue energy began to fade in, then out, then in again. Vash's forehead creased from the mental effort, but slowly the ball of energy was becoming more solid. Suddenly, it snapped into a crescent moon shape and its glow intensified to the point where it hurt to look directly at. The shape stayed for a few seconds then disappeared, leaving Vash staring blankly where it had been.
"That...was very strange..."

e_voyager

Eric smiled " yes you've got a good start on it." he said smiling. "and you're not the only one" he said nodded and the arrogant traveler whom has shown he has some of his skill. what he doesn't say is that the crescent moon shape of the energy worried him. he know a woman whom was princess of the moon and Queen of earth. her power was both magic and great but it was not like what vash had just done. perhaps the moon was connected to how he and his sister switch places.but if he was the moon was she the the sun?

Kitsune Ascendant

"The moon part wasn't me. I lost complete control of it before it did that. "

e_voyager

that vash guessed what he was thinking or read his mind didn't  overly concern Eric. what did was that:  "you lost control? did you feel someone else trying to take over?"

Kitsune Ascendant

"Not really. More like it shifted of its own accord... "

e_voyager

Eric shook his head. " this is something new to me." he admitted. this was stranger. the power having a will of it's own. maybe he wasn't the only one controlling it but then Eric had no experience with this. maybe his uncle or his cousins would know what to do but he was worried about casing more harm then good by trying out of turn with out more understanding. " well lets leave off practice for now and ask if anyone here can track the items we need for this quest."

Kitsune Ascendant

"I'm more interested in getting some sharp and pointies before we do any questing. From the looks of it, saya had to make a quick getaway on our last world. Anyone happen to see a weaponsmith on their way here?"

e_voyager

Eric shrugged.  well it couldn't hurt much. he'd prefer the blunt instrument king to the sharp or pointy ones however. "okay, that sounds like a good ideal. after all now that we're on this quest we could be attacked at any time and i don't know how my power's will work in this place other then my disguises."

Kipiru

Finally, the one with the identity crysis and the thing called Eric said something that resonated in agreeance with Kipiru! They needed to gear up and not with light tricks, but with cold steel. Kipiru didn't trust magic of any sort(one of the reasons he kept his own powers dorment), but he was all heart for a blade or two!
- Hey people, if I can make a suggestion, there was a place I was thinking of checking out as a possibility for the location of one of the pieces. It's not far, just a few hills from here, near a quaint village. Thing is, they have an awsome smith there that ows me a favor. I figured you can gear up there and we can get this freak-show moving already. What do you say?

Kitsune Ascendant

"Would this weaponsmith happen to have semi-rare metals that would make good spellswords? Either way, sounds like a good idea, but I've always wanted something...unique"

Noone

Kassin lacked any enthusiasm to start chasing after whomever that was if he didn't have a lead. For all he knew, he could be searching aimlessly for days on end, and he had more important things to worry about. He kept still, his head still ached and he was still fatigued. His inquiries for a map were met with silence, still struggling to place one strange event with all of the others. The thought that he still had not received his herbal tea crossed his mind, though there was naught he could do about it.
He shook his head and turned towards Kipiru. "We were given no solid leads, and could be searching fruitlessly for days on end." He shook his head, then continued. "For all we know, they don't even exist. I could understand if you simply wanted to visit him, but I wouldn't comprehend how he would know any more about this than we do. I get the impression that... whomever that person was, doesn't like making public appearances."
His thoughts trailed off into incoherence. The thought that he should probably consider these matters more closely after he had some rest crossed his mind, that maybe he would come across something he hadn't considered before. 

Kipiru

Kipiru pondered for a moment and shrugged his shoulders:
- I don't know whether he has materials to make magic weaponry, but he does run a side business buying out and then reselling all manner of arms. There could be some that have magic in them! As for your worries about the reliability of my info, I have no idea if are even going to find anything up there! But I for one prefer it to standing around here stuffing our faces and flexing our tongues. And as it seems as I'm stuck with the lot of you, so I need your agreeance on this!
The waitress finally came carrying Kassin's herbal tea, but as she approached the table Kipiru slapped her behind and took the cup from her tray, as she turned around to see the one who did it! He leaned back and gulped the hot tea with a pleased look on his face!

Kitsune Ascendant

Vash shrugged as well, smiling "Close enough. Given the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised to find he's got some ancient sword that needs reforging or something. "
Vash then stood and told the waitress to box the rest of his order.
"Well, let's get this show on the road"

e_voyager

Eric shrugged. "i' prefer staffs collapses and expendable metal ones if possible. they remind me of someone." he smiled they did remind him of several people he'd met in the past during the course of his travels not all of them powerful but all of them memorial. " i'm also fairly good with swords and knives. but would prefer a war-hammer"

Kipiru

Kipiru gleamed! Now they were talking his language!
-Good choice there, Eric was it, the warhammer is a very versatile weapon! Nothing says "drop that magic item or else" like a big lump of metal on a stick! My choice though is this - Kipiru unsheathes his two handed sword and looks at it almost lovingly! The blade is entirely black, it even looks as if it's draining the light from around it. Everyone that looks at the blade feels a powerfull surge of malice and fear run through them!

e_voyager

for am moment Eric is reminds of  the dragon prince that he'd heard tale of but never actually met. that black blade and the feelings int produced in others was obvious but whee there runes? if so he couldn't see them. even so this person was definitely not human and by not shade an albino., " does your blade have a name?"  he asked guardedly remember that there were four blades forged according to legend.

Kipiru

- It's name is Kreideiky! It has been my best friend for a long time now!- Says Kipiru and sheaths the sword. A wave of easiness spreads as the black blade hisses back out of sight. -Though It's last owner died by it, so I guess I'm just waiting my turn!- he took another big gulp out of Kassin's tea!

e_voyager

nods. "then it is no relation to mornblade or strombringer." Eric said feeling a bit more at ease. " still it could be charmed/cursed in the manner of such blades. cal them blessed or curred by you own definition. Kings fire turned it's wielder into a cruel oppressive tyrant until the blade was destroyed and another of it's it. the dark blade stormbringer."