Nevermind

Started by thegayhare, October 15, 2008, 02:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Hi Hi all
I was wondering if anyone might have an old battery operated toy they no longer need.  basicly I need a small on/off switch Toggle or rocker doesn't matter and a place to hook in some batteries,  I'd prefure a 9 volt plug but I'll take anything.

sorryto be a bother

Reese Tora

You could probably pick up the parts cheap at any local radio shack or other electronics store.  cheaper than the cost of shipping, anyway...

their website has a bunch of different switches at about $2 each and battery holders of various types for no more than $2, so I would expect the same prices at a brick and mortar.

4 bucks plus any local tax (and another couple of dollars for wire and electrical tape, and, heck, the cost of gas to go to the store) will be cheaper than what anyone here could ship parts from an old toy to you for.

(I take it back, domestic parcel post of 1 pound or less is around $4... not counting the cost of packaging materials, of course...)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

thegayhare

the only problem witht hat is there is no local radio shack round here.  there are two about an hours drive away and since I don't have a car.

I may be able to work something out next week though

Edit:

the 9 volt snap connector has been solved.  I yanked the battery back up port out of an alarm clock that was handy.... no one will ever know

I might also have a rocker switch on hand I can use too.  I just have to check something

thegayhare

well I feel stupid now... never mind any of this I managed to find everything I was looking for

sorry to have been a bother

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...