Oblivion

Started by Tapewolf, October 14, 2008, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quick question, the Skull of Corruption.  After the crappy job Bruma made of the statue(*) I thought it would be sweet if I could duplicate myself, and supposedly this is possible.  However the game doesn't seem to be too happy to go along with it.  Just as an experiment, I set up a 100% reflection spell on some random bod and blasted him with the staff.  The red fuzz surrounded me, but no Clone_CatDude.  Next, I'll try the trick of forcing someone to use the staff as a weapon and zapping me with it, but before I go to that effort, I'm curious as to whether it's been fixed in the latest patch or something.

(*)I think the Countess resented her saviour being a cat and tried to make him look more human.  Either that or the guy they hired just can't do Khajiit.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Janus Whitefurr

So far as I know the only way to create a duplicate of yourself is to use the console to do it. Of course, then comes the question of whether killing yourself is murder, or getting duplicates of all your items...
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on November 09, 2008, 08:38:43 AM
So far as I know the only way to create a duplicate of yourself is to use the console to do it. Of course, then comes the question of whether killing yourself is murder, or getting duplicates of all your items...
Yeah, well I was thinking of it more in terms of an interesting project, than as a means to gain advantage.

techmaster-glitch

I don't think the Skull of Corruption is supposed to be used on yourself.

I remember reading once that in a beta test of the AI, the tester had the Skull, but accidentally set it down for some reason. A nearby NPC snatched it before the tester could get it back. The NPC then used it on the tester. Flash, evil clone of player character created. Who then proceeded to slaughter every NPC in sight.

Hilarious as hell, but Bethesda may have blocked it from being used on you. Of course, I know nothing solid about this subject, and that is only a pure guess.

EDIT: oh here's a page. It seems it is possible to do it, permamently, with a glitch.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 09, 2008, 12:19:32 PM
EDIT: oh here's a page. It seems it is possible to do it, permamently, with a glitch.
That's the manual I've been following.  I'll try a full test run, but I'm a little surprised that it doesn't seem to be working on a temporary basis.

I'll have to see if I can take some video of the game, because I've just had yet more fun with the melons, roadblocks this time.

By the way, I've just found Vigge and Sulinus Vassinus sharing a bed in the Skingrad Mage's guild.  Do they usually do this?
On a similar note, I slept in one of the beds while everyone else was awake and woke up with some woman next to me.

Tapewolf

Muahahaha!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/oblivion/ScreenShot157.png

Another shot of Cat Dude and his Evil Twin:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/oblivion/ScreenShot162.png

...while the bandit goes completely haywire with the SoC staff in the background:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/oblivion/ScreenShot163.png

**EDIT**

My clone quite distinctly said "Night Mother, I beg your mercy!"  Is this normal?
While I haven't yet been able to get Cat Dude to steal his own soul, I did manage to get his clone's soul.  I'll have to be content with that, I suppose...

Ryudo Lee

There is a mod out there that allows you to update your statue.  Last time I did it, I had a blue torch from a large quest mod in my inventory, so my statue was decked out in the champion's armor and holding up a lit torch, live flame and all.  It's a nice effect, especially at night.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on November 09, 2008, 07:12:37 PM
There is a mod out there that allows you to update your statue.  Last time I did it, I had a blue torch from a large quest mod in my inventory, so my statue was decked out in the champion's armor and holding up a lit torch, live flame and all.  It's a nice effect, especially at night.

I'll have to try that.  Just now, I resurrected it.  Nearly laughed myself sick.
As soon as I ran the command, it vanished.  I turned around and saw a giant, twelve-foot high clone of Cat-Dude towering over me.  As I approached, he looked down at me and told me I had nice muscles.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/oblivion/ScreenShot175.jpg

Tapewolf

I've registered ACA Capture Pro because I can't make Oblivion work in Linux yet.  ACA has screwed up the floor, has no concept of sound sync, hates the inventory screen and randomly inserts blue frames for me to have to edit out.

Nonetheless, I now have video of Cat Dude tormenting the Imperial Legion with melons.
And pickpocketing the Worm Anchorite.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-_nkU8C9Y&fmt=6

**EDIT**

Cat-Dude, now with wings, goes on a good old-fashioned 'Cubi-style rampage:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/oblivion/Rampaging.jpg

...I'll have to stop and count, but I think I've so far managed to fill at least 60 Black Soul Gems.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*giggle*

Nice rampage, too. I like the artistically scattered bodies. Can you separate any of them, or is it purely a stab thing?

("Use your wings more, like this" *grin*)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 17, 2008, 11:32:59 AM
*giggle*
Nice rampage, too. I like the artistically scattered bodies.
Not a particularly great shot.  The worse parts were in the centre of town... littered with passers-by.

QuoteCan you separate any of them, or is it purely a stab thing?
Not quite sure what you're referring to there.  Care to clarify it?

Ryudo Lee

Where did you get the wings?  Those look pretty good.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2008, 11:42:12 AM
QuoteCan you separate any of them, or is it purely a stab thing?
Not quite sure what you're referring to there.  Care to clarify it?

The bodies I can see are in one piece, although there are blood splatters.

Can you tear them limb from limb?

Yes, I know, slightly sick, but better to do it to virtual people in a world of your own on a computer than to get stressed about people in RL...

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 17, 2008, 01:32:51 PM

I think this is why I like you.

Yes, I know, slightly sick, but better to do it to virtual people in a world of your own on a computer than to get stressed about people in RL...

Sounds right to me.  Though really, doing it in RL is fine if you can get away with it...probably feels pretty good too.. :mwaha

Tapewolf

No.  However you can tear their souls out, which Cat-Dude has been doing with horrifying efficiency.  (That'll teach the Primate of the Church of Julianos to compare the Hero of Kvatch to a beggar).

The limbs and so forth are posable though, unlike in Morrowind.  My first attempts at dragging a corpse out of sight resulted in him jiggling the body around in a disgusting manner, right down the Uncanny Valley.  I almost jumped out of my chair when one of the guards suddenly walked past while I was crouched down and doing this... he just glanced at me and carried on past.  How he knew that it was a bandit and not a fellow traveller is left as an exercise for the reader.

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on November 17, 2008, 12:49:06 PM
Where did you get the wings?  Those look pretty good.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5480

You have to sign up, unfortunately.  Though I can probably put the archive somewhere.  I think it requires build 1.2 of the program or later.

There are numerous styles of wing, from butterfly through to dragon.  The Dark Angel wings he is sporting look a little metallic (heck, they look a bit like they're welded onto a steel pipe) but were the most practical.  Larger wings tend to stick out hard like the Angel of the North which makes people shove him out of the way in the streets.

The mod adds two chests outside of 'Smash'n'Slash' containing the wings.  One chest contains wings that fit in the Amulet slot, the others fit in the Tail slot (which is a poor show for Khajiit or Argonian characters).
I was intending to see if I could make head-wings, but they would have to go in the Hair slot (used by helmets), which would not look good IMHO.

Tapewolf

In view of llearch's question, here are a few more screenshots.  Since these are big, I'll go with the 'Public safety announcement' where the game berates me for trying to scoff somone's potatoes:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/oblivion/ScreenShot49.jpg

This is a good demonstration of the posable corpses.  The result of a 'brawl' in the Two Sisters' lodge in Skingrad.  This is from the Mage's Guild quest where Count Janus orders you to dispose of the vampire killers by any means necessary:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/oblivion/ScreenShot31.jpg

Now, these are a few pictures from my rampage, since the previous picture only had one body in it.  These were artistically arranged to get them all on-shot:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/oblivion/ScreenShot211.jpg

In fact, there's a story attached to that.  When I went back to the market, I could only see four bodies in the main square.  This puzzled me because the Market fight was a long and protracted affair, but rummaging around I very quickly found six more bodies tucked in the alleyways.
I dragged a couple of them back into the square which freaked some of the guards out (I was invisible) but there were four of them which I simply could not get to go up the steps.
Then I suddenly thought 'What would Black Mage do?' and ran home to get the Staff of Worms.  Essentially, I went back to the square, and reanimated each body.  A quick push and they were happy to follow me around, so I led them roughly where I wanted them to be and waited until the spell animating them ran out.
I also found two or three other bodies stuffed in the hedgerows that I'd clean forgotten about.

Here's an aerial view:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/oblivion/ScreenShot212.jpg

I took a quick tally of the soul gems while I was at it.  I have 70 NPCs in my pocket.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, lovely.

Thanks, Tapewolf. It's nice to know you care enough to spend that much time arranging things. ;-]