Taco taco taco

Started by Zibani, September 01, 2008, 11:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zibani

So I get that Amber wants to reward herself with tacos, or, at least as much as anyone can get anything that goes through her mind. I get that she drew a taco theme around her donation... thing. I even get her dressing Mab, Abel, and Dan up LIKE tacos. What I don't get is, why is jyjy a burrito?

Jairus

Quote from: Zibani on September 01, 2008, 11:26:46 PM
So I get that Amber wants to reward herself with tacos, or, at least as much as anyone can get anything that goes through her mind. I get that she drew a taco theme around her donation... thing. I even get her dressing Mab, Abel, and Dan up LIKE tacos. What I don't get is, why is jyjy a burrito?
Because Jy-Jy wouldn't look cute as a taco. He looks much cuter as a burrito.

For further proof, here is a kitten who is a burito. See how cute it is?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Zibani

I see no kitten... O.o
Edit: I revoke my previous statement.

Anri

You're reminding me there's a place here in Toronto wif a 'burrito as big as your head'...

Now I want one.  :dribble

DarkAudit

Don't know if it's still there, but there was a place in San Diego on Rosecrans near the old NTC that served burritos that were easily the size of a standard brick. Had fries in it, too.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Jairus

My favorite burrito place is just down the street from my parent's house. Damn big things they are too: about the same size as you're describing, DarkAudit. I always get the same kind too... I probably got stuck in a rut at some point. No fries though, but plenty of tortilla chips. The guy who ran the place was this really sweet old man, and his... nephew, I think... runs it now. Still really good.

!KCA

I thought Jyrras was a soft taco. Of course, I'm puzzled as to why Jy's a soft taco.

Jairus

Quote from: !KCA on September 02, 2008, 09:56:08 PM
I thought Jyrras was a soft taco. Of course, I'm puzzled as to why Jy's a soft taco.
No, it looks like he's a burrito: it's kind of hard to make out, but it looks like the tortilla is wrapped completely around him.

Hm... maybe if we attract Amber's attention enough, she'll clear this little matter up in the next news post.

Brunhidden

hes a burrito because he is short, if he had the same sized taco costume his head would still be crotch level with everyone else and thus so topheavy he would fall over
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Cogidubnus

Here I always thought it was about the nachos.

Nacho nacho Mab...*hums to himself*

Brunhidden

nachos would be a pointy and drippy costume

Amber Williams

Jyrras is a burrito because he isnt cool enough to be a taco. :<

VSMIT

That's just going to ruin Jairus's day. :U

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 03, 2008, 12:09:14 AM
I prefer burritos myself: they're much more fun to eat than tacos.

Azraelle

Burritos are plenty cool in their own right, though.  In fact I find the cheesy double-beef burritos on Taco Bell's value menu far more filling than any of their similarly-priced tacos.  Don't know how that makes them more cool, and now I'm imagining eating a Jyrrito.  I need a new mental image.

Jairus

Quote from: Azraelle on September 03, 2008, 01:34:15 AM
Burritos are plenty cool in their own right, though.  In fact I find the cheesy double-beef burritos on Taco Bell's value menu far more filling than any of their similarly-priced tacos.  Don't know how that makes them more cool, and now I'm imagining eating a Jyrrito.  I need a new mental image.
How about eating a Tacabel?

Cvstos

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 02, 2008, 10:35:13 PM
Here I always thought it was about the nachos.

Nacho nacho Mab...*hums to himself*

(Sam and Max Reference!) Max: They're mine, not'chos!

Sam: You crack me up, little buddy.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Aurawyn

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 12:22:45 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on September 03, 2008, 12:09:14 AM
I prefer burritos myself: they're much more fun to eat than tacos.

Gaaaaay....

Sorry.. I kid... not enough sleep and I'm up at the butt crack of dawn.. Sleep deprivation makes me say odd stuff..

Eowyn

What Eowyn types- eeeatatttacooo nnoommnnomkkiiittyyyyy

What Eowyn says- eat the taco, nomnom on kitty

What Eowyn says- despite jyjy being the right size i would rather chew on abels head

Joe3210

Quote from: Eowyn on September 03, 2008, 11:52:36 AM
despite jyjy being the right size i would rather chew on abels head

:erk
I guess he would not like you doing that.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Lego3400

I prefer a chicken Fahita.. Though Stick grilled chicken and cheese on a soft shell and I can't tell iit from a Taco or Chicken burrotio. <.<

Aurawyn

Quote from: Lego3400 on September 04, 2008, 02:27:58 AM
I prefer a chicken Fahita.. Though Stick grilled chicken and cheese on a soft shell and I can't tell iit from a Taco or Chicken burrotio. <.<

I always end up turning soft tacos into mini burritos myself..

Slowtini

Quote from: Aurawyn on September 04, 2008, 10:46:38 AM
Quote from: Lego3400 on September 04, 2008, 02:27:58 AM

I always end up turning soft tacos into mini burritos myself..

That's generally the best way to eat soft tacos  :)

God, I haven't had tacos in so long... now I gotta get mah parents to make some...
CURSE YOU EVIL TACO DONATION THINGY  :<

Brunhidden

make them at home, a basic crepe makes a kickin softshell taco for a hot homeade feel

Amber Williams

Sadly Tacopalooza may not happen after all.  Just got back from the vet and between this bill and the one coming up when I take Monty back in for a checkup, its very likely all the taco money is gonna go into "give the snake medication" bills. :<

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 04, 2008, 03:42:38 PM
Sadly Tacopalooza may not happen after all.  Just got back from the vet and between this bill and the one coming up when I take Monty back in for a checkup, its very likely all the taco money is gonna go into "give the snake medication" bills. :<
Oh... I'm sorry Amber. :hug At least the snake will be okay, though, right?

Maybe we should start a Tacopalooza drive for Amber.

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 04, 2008, 03:42:38 PM

Haha!  Says you!  I get paid on Saturday! 

Amber Williams

Quote from: Jairus on September 04, 2008, 03:44:03 PM

Yeah. He better be.  What is getting me cranky is that it isnt even my snake. I volunteered to snake-sit for a friend for a couple weeks while he dealt with getting kicked out of his place and having to live with his parents (who HAAATE snakes) until he found a new one.

Right now its looking like I may be with this lil guy all fall.(if not indefinately at the rate this is going)  Which wouldnt have been so bad if it wasnt for the fact I noticed him having an odd wheeze since I got him and I decided to take him to the vet...which turned out to be a good but expensive idea because they started him on injections to combat a potential pnemonia problem.

But yeah. I have been keeping kind of quiet on this mainly cause it feels really stupid going on the main page saying "hay guys. I just spent $200 on vet bills for a friends pet who may never pay me back. :U

Its annoying, and I am annoyed, but I would feel much worse had the lil guy gotten bronchitus and died on me.

Mao

Quote from: Jairus on September 04, 2008, 03:44:03 PM

Maybe we should start a Tacopalooza drive for Amber.

I would be quite for this.  Pending on how much my new t.v. is going to set me back I would be able to donate in the range of $20~100 CAD.

Caswin

Props for the Jyrrito.  The other three were funny and got the point across, but introducing the Jyrrito was a stroke of genius.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.