hey

Started by Colgatecrusader, September 01, 2008, 12:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colgatecrusader

hey
hi everyone, I'm new thought I'd say hello.
oh and how do i get avatars to work i coudn't figure it out.

EDIT: there better?
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Valynth

The fact that we don't respond to you doesn't mean we don't want you.

The fact that you posted in the wrong area, whined about feeling unwanted, and beat English grammar over the head with a baseball bat makes us not want you.  Well, I don't want you, but I'm fairly sure the mods will express a certain distaste for your posting style.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Brunhidden

you get avatars to work by brow nosing someone who knows how they work and they just pass one over for you

i got mine from zedd, my daughter got hers from hare, and most likely if you can sweet talk llearch he could hook you up with anything
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

MT Hazard

You can make your own picture easy enough or use one that doesn't annoy other people from elsewhere.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Kipiru

Quote from: Valynth on September 01, 2008, 03:15:11 AM
The fact that we don't respond to you doesn't mean we don't want you.

The fact that you posted in the wrong area, whined about feeling unwanted, and beat English grammar over the head with a baseball bat makes us not want you.  Well, I don't want you, but I'm fairly sure the mods will express a certain distaste for your posting style.

Hey, cut the guy some slack! He's new, he'll learn! Welcome to looney-land Scorpio, get ready to meet weirdness in most of its forms :mowwink

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on September 01, 2008, 10:34:51 AM
Hey, cut the guy some slack! He's new, he'll learn! Welcome to looney-land Scorpio, get ready to meet weirdness in most of its forms :mowwink

Well, that he was expecting an immediate reply is a pretty good hint that he hasn't read the rules too thoroughly.  In the light of the recent influx of people who haven't read the rules either, I can well imagine some of the members are on a bit of a short fuse when it comes to that.

Anyway, Scorpio... welcome to the forums.  While you can sometimes get an immediate reply, consider it a bonus, not a given.  Make sure you read the rules, follow them, and don't do anything stupid like annoying the moderators.  Other than that, have fun.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Colgatecrusader

right then... sorry
I already have an avatar i want that seems to be the right size
http://gargoyles.dracandros.com/w/images/thumb/8/8f/Huntercos.PNG/180px-Huntercos.PNG
but when i put in the url is says it's either the wrong size or not an avatar. I made it smaller but i can't upload it from my computer.
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Tapewolf

That image is 180 pixels wide - it must be 175 or less.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Colgatecrusader

sigh
i figured it'd be something like that.

Eibborn

You could try using MS Paint or something to trim a tiny bit off, maybe. Five pixels shouldn't make too much of a difference.
/kicks the internet over

Lysander

Greetings, scorpio. This one wishes thee an enjoyable time in this interesting place.    :januscat
TytajLucheek

Colgatecrusader

Quote from: Eibbor_N on September 01, 2008, 09:30:05 PM
You could try using MS Paint or something to trim a tiny bit off, maybe. Five pixels shouldn't make too much of a difference.

the problem is you that i would have to upload it again because i can't seem to be able to upload it from my computer for some reason, so i'll just stick with this tar trek one.

Brunhidden

querry- are you a nerd, supernerd, or an ubernerd?

Colgatecrusader

Like anyone who reads webcomics doesn't fall into some form of nerd category, (or anime *shudder*) but if you must know i'm a uber nerd as defined by this informative video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Jairus

Quote from: scorpio803 on September 03, 2008, 10:43:26 PM
Like anyone who reads webcomics doesn't fall into some form of nerd category, (or anime *shudder*) but if you must know i'm a uber nerd as defined by this informative video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
Thanks for finding that link: I love that song, and I unfortunately can never find it when I want to.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Brunhidden

technically im a dork, not a nerd

Jairus

I think that I'm a geek, though I could on some occasions qualify as either a nerd or a dork. Then again, I think that everyone can qualify for one of those three at some point in their life.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Colgatecrusader

they are varations of the same idea, dork being a little farther out there.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: scorpio803 on September 03, 2008, 09:59:59 PM
the problem is you that i would have to upload it again because i can't seem to be able to upload it from my computer for some reason, so i'll just stick with this tar trek one.

FWIW, the ST one doesn't work here. The image works fine, but linking it doesn't - ie, if you open the image directly, you get the image. if you link it from your profile, it doesn't work, although your browser will cache it, and will display it happily.

I suspect omegasector.com has off-site linking of images disabled by checking referrers...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Suwako

If you have problems with image sizes, use photobucket.com, you can resize photo's on their website , if you can't upload it from your site but the avatar is on the internet your can upload it from the link just as with imageshack.us

You have to register however, but they hardly ever send you emails so that won't be a problem.