08/10/08 [DMFA #930] - A lot in common.

Started by AndersW, August 10, 2008, 09:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuari

Beer solves EVERYTHING.....  hopefully it solves everything when they find out he's a guy.

Tapewolf

In case anyone is still confused, in 929 Aliyka refers to Dan as "he" twice.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Slowtini

Quote from: Turnsky on August 11, 2008, 09:14:14 AM
Quote from: Mowser on August 11, 2008, 08:23:59 AM
Lack of boobs != not female.

However it's generally a good indicator.

Anyway...

I'm hopeful those three can work together well enough to take down DP with no further losses.  Admittedly we don't know how Anna fared but I'm not going to be overly hopeful for her.  Either way, I think the Amazons have suffered enough with the loss of just one of them so I'd like to see the other two (and Aliyka, but we know she makes it) get out alive as well.  If not, I hope they go out well.

there are other methods... and those two were drunk, i'll let others do the math  >:3

... :erk

Kuari

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 11, 2008, 02:50:34 PM
...  good point...  that just means Shanna must still be confused...  or...  she's calling him Danna to pick on him or something..

Jairus

Quote from: Kuari on August 11, 2008, 03:15:12 PM
...  good point...  that just means Shanna must still be confused...  or...  she's calling him Danna to pick on him or something..

She's picking on him. It's like Wildy calling Jyrras "Jy-Squeak" or Corny calling me "Jubblies."
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kuari on August 11, 2008, 03:15:12 PM

If you look, Shanna also refers to him as "him", and "he". So it's two references each.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

and its a pitty 'him' does not get to see the shot of dragonbooty we just saw
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

joshofspam

So it's just dan's mistake from thinking that all amazons only like the same sex. Dan seems to have a problem of jumping to conclusions. But hey, we go out into the world to learn dan is just getting a crash course in adventuring.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Kenji

Sunblink

Quote from: Brunhidden on August 11, 2008, 04:30:17 PM

Hooray, I'm not the only one who thought that!

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Brunhidden

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 11, 2008, 10:02:56 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on August 11, 2008, 04:30:17 PM

Hooray, I'm not the only one who thought that!

~Keaton the Black Jackal

for a moment i thought i was the only one who saw dragonbooty, expecting many here to point it out
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Faerie Alex

I'll be darned, you're right. I guess I missed it at first because it was mostly hidden by her tail, but that probably is her...booty that we're looking at. :B
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Talonr

Either way, Shanna is absolutely adorable in that last panel.  Just something about seeing her tail hanging like that is cute.  Like, there's drunk.. but then there's "tail loopy all over the place" drunk.  And it's adorable.

Kuari

modelincard... your avatar frightens me...  back on topic, heh, I'm beginning to wonder more and more why Aliyka went pacifist...  maybe that will be explained...

Mao

Quote from: modelincard on August 11, 2008, 11:26:28 PM
I'll be darned, you're right. I guess I missed it at first because it was mostly hidden by her tail, but that probably is her...booty that we're looking at. :B

Eh, I missed it too.  Now that it's been pointed out, it's probably all I'll ever see when I look at that strip.

Kuari

...ok, see, now I'm going to have to comment on this...  dragon booty?  You see more butt on a Simpsons episode then you see in this comic 0.o.  I think Shanna's openness has gotten to people's heads :p

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Kuari on August 12, 2008, 01:17:25 AM
modelincard... your avatar frightens me...
Ah, which one? I set it to random a while ago, but there aren't many that it cycles through.

Jairus

Quote from: modelincard on August 12, 2008, 09:01:15 AM
Quote from: Kuari on August 12, 2008, 01:17:25 AM
modelincard... your avatar frightens me...
Ah, which one? I set it to random a while ago, but there aren't many that it cycles through.

At the time the comment was made (and when I'm posting this) it was "Devin is Gay for Abel" or whatever you call the one where the two of them are staring at each other in a cloud of pink.

There really isn't all that much to see... not that I was examining the comic all that closely, noooooooooo...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Faerie Alex

I believe the random is regenerated each time someone calls for the page, though. But with only 4 images in the cue, it's quite possible that it was the Devin x Abel one. From here, FYI. There's the large version there too.

Alterationartist

Damn PG rating. This is the ONLY TIME we will ever get to seeing a naked AND drunk character, and it's been wasted on a one-time character.
Round 9!

Ted Schiller

I think Shanna called Dan "Danna" because she likes him (probably heard how well he fought against Aliyka) and wants to honor him with a female name, because, as any Amazon could tell you, females are the superior sex.  :)  Does Shanna live at 10 Chickweed Lane?

With regards,
Ted

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Alterationartist on August 12, 2008, 01:29:04 PM
Damn PG rating. This is the ONLY TIME we will ever get to seeing a naked AND drunk character, and it's been wasted on a one-time character.

Who's to say we won't see Shanna again? I mean, we've seen Aliyka in other places, granted this pre-story makes my point confusing, so I'll stop here.

Turnsky

If Shanna's a Dragon, and then later finds out that Dan's a Cubi.... (if she appears later on down the track that is)

oh ho ho ho ho ho....  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on August 13, 2008, 12:13:47 AM
If Shanna's a Dragon, and then later finds out that Dan's a Cubi....

Unless she's about Dan's age, she might have already guessed.  Fortunately she has no idea what clan he is from...

Turnsky

given his cubi heritage hasn't surfaced at this point, the Clan marking is an early indicator, but even then, it's Dan, and the marking manifests with use from magic, therefore, no marking in that case.

I doubt Dragons have "Cubi-dar" in any case, regardless.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on August 13, 2008, 06:25:01 AM
given his cubi heritage hasn't surfaced at this point, the Clan marking is an early indicator, but even then, it's Dan, and the marking manifests with use from magic, therefore, no marking in that case.
Quite.  Supposedly it will appear on his shoulder eventually, so depending on whether his arms are covered or not, it may not even be visible.

QuoteI doubt Dragons have "Cubi-dar" in any case, regardless.
Difficult to say.  If the demonology is any guide, they are stupendously powerful, and considered young at tens of millennia.
If nothing else, I imagine you'd probably become quite good at guessing someone's race in that time, and if you run into a guy with wings who doesn't seem to be a phoenix and doesn't seem to have any Angel in him, that starts to narrow down the options.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 13, 2008, 06:33:40 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on August 13, 2008, 06:25:01 AM
Quite.  Supposedly it will appear on his shoulder eventually, so depending on whether his arms are covered or not, it may not even be visible.

QuoteI doubt Dragons have "Cubi-dar" in any case, regardless.
Difficult to say.  If the demonology is any guide, they are stupendously powerful, and considered young at tens of millennia.
If nothing else, I imagine you'd probably become quite good at guessing someone's race in that time, and if you run into a guy with wings who doesn't seem to be a phoenix and doesn't seem to have any Angel in him, that starts to narrow down the options.

or could be Fae with a feather fetish, like Azlan

Kuari

Quote from: Turnsky on August 13, 2008, 07:02:32 AM
or could be Fae with a feather fetish, like Azlan

In Azlan's case he uses a patch...  not that he really needs it as a Fae.

In any case, there is always the option of Shanna simply not caring.  I'm sure there are plenty of dragons not with the group that Destina wants to kill..  she's just a genocidal maniac that wants them all dead.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuari on August 13, 2008, 08:09:48 AM
In any case, there is always the option of Shanna simply not caring.  I'm sure there are plenty of dragons not with the group that Destina wants to kill..  she's just a genocidal maniac that wants them all dead.
From what Fa'Lina and Fi were saying, it cuts both ways.  That said, I'd like to believe that Pyroduck isn't the only impartial Dragon.

Alondro

Well, there's also the dragon Dan owes money to.  Of course, thatone might also want to kill him when it learns about his Cubiness and clan. 

To which Dan would have to muse:  You know, it was alot better when he wanted my money instead of my life.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif