A retroactive reintroduction. Plus a question on music.

Started by Jer-oh-me, July 30, 2008, 08:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jer-oh-me

"Boingo boingo whoopsy knickers!" -Yahtzee Chrenshaw

Hi everyone,

I had a irrevocable feeling to do this, so here we go, with the more thorough introduction-ations and such. I figured this would be more thorough than my original intro which was done in the dead of night and in the wrong part of the forum, for which I was not blammed but anyhow.

I am as you can see called Jer-oh-me, which is really there just so you pronounce my name the way I want you to, the name being Jerome. If you feel the need to shorten it I'll respond to Jer, Jero, or Jery with reasonable regularity, I use this alias most everywhere around the internets.

If you've read any of my other posts I'm sort of a blend of institutionalizeable crazy and perfect lucidity, at least most of the time. If I'm up for too many days in a row I have a tendancy to become negatively snarky and rather mean, so if you seem me doing it let me know that I should get some sleep so I can be my normal friendly self.

There's already a few people on here I'd like to consider net-friends, so I think I'm doing fairly well now that I'm posting in earnest.

I like to cook, and I'm learning from an old pro. One of my recent additions to my repertoire is the ability to bake peanut butter cookies infused with love. So I'll often offer them in their net form to peopleses. And if I ever get the chance to come to a con, I'll bring some, and a non-peanut alternative for those of you with a peanut allergy, cause that's no reason you shouldn't get a cookie.

I'm a college student, who isn't? So sometimes I'll be irrevocably busy and unable to contribute to my various outlets of fun such as this forum. If I go quiet for long periods that's probably what's happened to me, I've been buried by college work!

I am somewhat of a bicycle hipster in general style, so yeah.

I mostly like classic rock, but I've learned to like a few new bands, though they're also from the land of the Queen, although my current fave is from Scotland! Which makes them over nine thousand cool in my book, I'm half Scot in my ancestry. Don't ask me to wear a kilt, I'm not that secure yet.

Anyway, I'd like to know, which do you guys prefer? Pink Floyd or Franz Ferdinand? (My current favourites of yesteryear and contemporary musak!)

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on July 30, 2008, 08:40:24 PM
If you've read any of my other posts I'm sort of a blend of institutionalizeable crazy and perfect lucidity, at least most of the time. If I'm up for too many days in a row I have a tendancy to become negatively snarky and rather mean, so if you seem me doing it let me know that I should get some sleep so I can be my normal friendly self.
You should (and to the best of my knowledge do, but I'm no expert) fit right in here then. >:3

I'm a college student, who isn't?
Me, I'm still in high school. :<

Anyway, I'd like to know, which do you guys prefer? Pink Floyd or Franz Ferdinand? (My current favourites of yesteryear and contemporary musak!)
Hmm...I'm assuming you're not referring to the late archduke, in which case I really have no opinion, sorry.

And if I haven't said it yet, be welcomed Jer!
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Jairus

Well, let's make it official! Welcome to the forums, Jer-oh-me! Just don't forget to be wary of anyone who offers you advice: they're out to get you...  :mwaha

Toodles!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.  Don't forget the read and follow the rules, don't annoy the moderators, and remember to have fun.

Personally I'd have to go for Pink Floyd as I don't know the other one.  Actually, people have compared me to Pink Floyd - though that's probably down to some of the tracks on the first album which I wrote a few days after listening to Wish You Were Here.  I'm not quite sure whether to be pleased or mortified.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jer-oh-me

If you've ever heard the song 'Take Me Out' that's Franz Ferdinand. and yeah, they were named for the Archduke.

So if you're lonely...

I say don't you know. You say you don't know. I say, Take Me Out!

I know I won't be leaving here. I won't be leaving here, with you.

Take Me Out!

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

heh.

As Damaris says...

And welcome to our little corner of the Internet. Don't get any on your shoes.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Suwako

I'm a college student, but I live within the low lands, so it doesn't count.

also; yo.

Dannysaysnoo

Hello there!

I'd have to choose Franz, as i've heard some of their stuff.

Jer-oh-me

The who isn't of the college bit was a remark on the significant number of college people's online, that I've run into. I don't think college students, especially freshmen, would make good moderators so there's that. And there's always gonna be high school age kids, and I think this post has gotten away from me, so I'll stop here.

Mao

<-  Not a College/University student.  Though I suppose I have thought about going back for my masters.

Jer-oh-me

Grah, okay. So maybe the who isn't part was a bit presumptuous of me, it was sort of humourous I thought, perhaps the joke missed its mark, or mayhaps the joke was enjoyed but... and another post gets away from me.

Well, here I am, rock you like a hurricane. I'll try to refine my humour somewhat.

Aisha deCabre

...Y'know, there's something that I just have to say about your user name.  Every time I see it I'm reminded of a rather cool anime called Ginga Densetsu Weed, which I've only caught spoken in Japanese but with English subtitles, in which one of the character's names is Jerome.  And that's about how they pronounce the name in Japanese, except kinda more like "Jer-OH-meh".  And suddenly saying the name that way is rather catchy.

Other than that totally random observation, a belated welcome. x3  It's nice to actually see a newbie who posts more or less often.

Edit:  A coherent newbie, that is.   :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 31, 2008, 05:19:32 PM
...Y'know, there's something that I just have to say about your user name.  Every time I see it I'm reminded of a rather cool anime called Ginga Densetsu Weed, which I've only caught spoken in Japanese but with English subtitles, in which one of the character's names is Jerome.  And that's about how they pronounce the name in Japanese, except kinda more like "Jer-OH-meh".  And suddenly saying the name that way is rather catchy.

Other than that totally random observation, a belated welcome. x3  It's nice to actually see a newbie who posts more or less often.

Edit:  A coherent newbie, that is.   :P

Thanks, nice to hear you think that. Yeah, Jer-oh-me is me wanting me to have the phonetics out, like I said (dead horse, beating it deader).

And as to newbies who turn out to be noobs, well I actually care about sounding normal and making friends to have conversations with rather than earning points in some sort of cyber dick waving contest.

Jairus

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on August 04, 2008, 09:05:00 AM
And as to newbies who turn out to be noobs, well I actually care about sounding normal and making friends to have conversations with rather than earning points in some sort of cyber dick waving contest.

Ye gods about and below, they do exist.

Of course, I've only been here a month, so maybe I don't get to talk.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Jairus on August 04, 2008, 09:41:51 AM
Quote from: Jer-oh-me on August 04, 2008, 09:05:00 AM

Ye gods about and below, they do exist.

Of course, I've only been here a month, so maybe I don't get to talk.

Well I don't know Jai, I mean, counting Aisha, you, and myself that's three people who like to make net friends and have actual conversations online, so judging from such a small sample... Well it's certainly in favor of those who want to be more like normal people when online. Of course this forum seems to favor that mindset more than anything.

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on August 04, 2008, 12:11:46 PM
Well I don't know Jai, I mean, counting Aisha, you, and myself that's three people who like to make net friends and have actual conversations online, so judging from such a small sample... Well it's certainly in favor of those who want to be more like normal people when online. Of course this forum seems to favor that mindset more than anything.

And thats what I love about these forums...Hey Welcome to our little madhouse :3 Do enjoy your stay and please leave your sanity at the coat check >:3