Corrupt a Wish

Started by Saist, July 09, 2006, 12:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

shrugs. i've died more times then i can remember and i'm still here.

Granted but they are more evil to you being nice to most normal peoplethey meet.

i wish i was on Mab's list of things to hug.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

vulpesweasel

granted, and she hugs you right after she hugs a porcupine. Owwies. I wish to become a god!

e_voyager

granted you are now god of the Box and you have you own ghost that you send forth to do your bidding.(count your blessing that you are not the god of leet speech shivers)

i wish temptation was easier to resist
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

vulpesweasel

granted, but now you are forced to resist temptation of pressing the SHINY RED EASY BUTTON!* I wish for.....something.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Granted. Unfortunately, you aren't sure precisely what you were granted, and go to your deathbed still wondering.

I wish I coudl afford to buy a new hard drive for my mp3 player.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

granted but you can not find a store thats sells a comptable one.

i wish i had seven Fields of Rye

GabrielsThoughts

granted, you are now a jewish princess living happily in the countyrside of germany a day before Eugenic clensing becomes mandatory.

I wish dinosaurs could talk.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Rowne

Granted!  Dinosaurs can talk, welcome to the World of Project G.e.e.K.e.R, where the Dinos were chased underground by an evil businessman who's never able to quite contain his joy or anger.  They can talk but you'll likely not ever come into contact with one, unless you're really lucky.

I wish humanity would happen across at least one alien artefact of great power.  The fact that we haven't found a Stargate yet or even an alien recipe for pumpkin pie enscribed onto some unidentifiable substance in an incredibly complex language is beginning to lower my belief in the veracity of reality.

After all, when the project becomes infinitely more creative than those who spawned it, we need to start worrying.

GabrielsThoughts

Granted, Biker Mice from Mars abducted Harley Davidson and handed him the schematics to build the ultamate motorcycle...unfortunately this alters the course of history and Harley Davidson was placed in a mental institution... on a side not motorized unicycles have never been more popular.

I wish that the Biker Mice from Mars got their own live action movie.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Rowne

Motorized unicycles?  That's a gigglesome thought.

Granted!  Except it's a live action movie and the mice are transformed into humans at the very start of the movie to lower the budget required, thus leaving them only as mice in name and paving the way for a very cheesy and sloppily handled live-action series.  Oh, the horror.

I wish I had a snow-machine because I could likely use that to lower the ambient temperature around here, the UK is still having heat spikes and I'm not liking it one bit.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Granted. Unfortunately, since show machines simply blow water out in a form that the ambient temperature can freeze, all it does is wash your house away.

Hang on. This is a heat spike? It's 20 degrees! (celsius, for you poor, benighted, unpredictable americans) That's just mildly warm - if ti was thirty or more, I could agree...

I wish I understood people more...

xHaZxMaTx

Granted, but to understand people, you must become stupid like them. :B

I wish most people weren't so stupid.

Rowne

Granted!  However, whilst the human IQ has jumped by 500 points on average, it doesn't change anything because it does nothing to kill the perception of stupidity that was more prevalent in the first place than any actual lack of intellect.

When one kind of smart encounters another kind of smart, usually if they aren't the same kind of smart (one is street, the other is math), they'll generally think of the other as an idiot.

For everyone to be intelligent, everyone would have to be good at everything, then we'd have a World of clones and society would be pointless.

I wish for a snow-blower based on advanced technology (or at least something steampunk) rather than the water expulsion devices we have today (should've been more clear on that last time)!

Finally, to clear something up, we've been having spikes of 23-25c here every now and then, settling at 21 on the off days.  To be honest, 25c is enough to make me uncomfortable, I'm used to the cold.

Again, this is all down to the bias of perception, each person is going to have their own favourite point of temperature, anything above that will be hot and anything below that will be cold.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Granted! Steampunk FTW.

.. unfortunately, this has been built by Agatha Clay, and has some... interesting features. The parachute is one. The ICBM made out of toothpicks is another. No-one is really sure what the fencing foil is for, nor the big shiny thing iwth the sparks coming out of it, and the Jacob's Ladder is just slightly out of place...

I wish I could type faster so I could finish this before my son wants me to cook his mother breakfast in bed...

Rowne

Why do I feel that this is more likely to create a localized time-loop, black hole or other Trek-borne oddity than keep me cold.  I can only stare at it.  It makes a great modern art piece though!

Granted!  You can type much faster, this is rather cool actually because you're now just about the World's fastest typist.  Unfortunately, this has two unfortunate side effects.  Firstly, the friction does bad things to your keyboard.  Secondly, you can type faster than your computer's buffer can handle, it has momentary pauses, forcing you to wait.

Fortunately, it's true that buying a frictionless keyboard and a supercomputer could solve these problems but once again, unfortunately it's going to cost a lot of money.

(That wasn't much of a curse, I admit ... but I just can't be mean to anyone that likes steampunk.)

Okay, so ... I wish for an eBook device or a good eBook device substitute.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Granted. A laptop and a browser works wonders, I find. :-P

Of course, since this is a curse you get the laptop, but it's running windows, and before you can read any books you get struck with virii, trojans, and spyware, and your fancy new ebook viewer runs slower than a wet hairy dog with wings on.

I wish I'd introduced Rowne to fictionwise.com, who have an ebook reader for a not totally unreasonable price, except that it's only available in the states...

e_voyager

granted except that Rowne can not use the read as it is incompatible.

i wish all my books were water proof

Nikki

Granted, but they are so waterproof that they repel you as human bodies are mostly water.

I wish i was sexy :<

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

e_voyager

granted but now you're so sexy that any thing not sexy enough for you  hurts you.

i wish i could fix my sporadic memory

ITOS

Granted, you have now no memory.

I wish I had more 4 GB RAM in my computer.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Nikki

granted. you now have 4 Giant-butted Rams in your computer, which consequently, forces you to buy a new one.

I wish i had a falcon

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

e_voyager

granted but it keeps binging you live mice

i wish i had a magical avatar

GabrielsThoughts

your wish is granted your avatar is now that of sailor moon and you are once again sailor moon and you fight villans with the power of love.

I wish I was one of the super robot monkey team hyperforce monkeys.

e_voyager

granted you are now nova of the super robot monkey team. good luck fighting evil

i wish i was not intune with salior moon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Granted, you now sing exactly half a semitone flat, and are no longer illuminated. Except on special occasions.

I wish I'd gone to sleep a while ago now..

e_voyager

granted you are not dream posting with 100 leagel responsability

i wish i had some Geox shoes

The Lurking Dragon

granted, but they're sized for Shaq.
I wish I had a money tree.
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon

e_voyager

aww then they'll be a perfict fit.

granted but in the abances of magic the money reverts to leavers and seeds.
( my bodes reboots don't last forever so)
i wish my work was done so i could try to sleep.

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: e_voyager on September 04, 2006, 01:37:33 AM
aww then they'll be a perfict fit.

granted but in the abances of magic the money reverts to leavers and seeds.
( my bodes reboots don't last forever so)
i wish my work was done so i could try to sleep.

granted. however, you worked so hard that you are now the victim of a rather illogicaly bad case of insomnia.

I wish for meaning.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Granted. The only problem is, whilst you know what the meaning is, you don't understand what it means, and are left in a confused daze, wandering about, trying to figure it out.

I wish I didn't have to work from home, and could go into the office, so I could come home at a reasonable hour...