Question why is this site linked to one of the best furry comics out there?

Started by Nekoboy, July 24, 2008, 12:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Because it's basically the forum for one of the best furry comics out there.

Welcome aboard.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

shadowterm

Nekoboy? I suppose you're into cats then. Hi there. This is the forum, do not fill it with as much stupidity as I do and you will be liked by all.
/)//w//(\

Nekoboy

Quote from: Jairus on July 24, 2008, 12:49:09 AM
Because it's basically the forum for one of the best furry comics out there.

Welcome aboard.

Umm......does the owner have an account here becasue i need to talk with her.....

shadowterm

That would be Amber Williams, and she does come on once and a while. I'd think it best not to try and offend her though. She could squash you like a bug.
/)//w//(\

Nekoboy

Quote from: shadowterm on July 24, 2008, 01:13:24 AM
That would be Amber Williams, and she does come on once and a while. I'd think it best not to try and offend her though. She could squash you like a bug.

I come not to offend im acutlly a fan of her comic i acutlly came to try and contact her sicne i cannot thought e-mail about some contest i saw on her site......for some reason it wont let me e-mail her withotu erros.....so knwo a good way i can contact her besides e-mail?

Reese Tora

Well, this is a good start, if it's not a private matter she'll maybe read this thread eventually...

or you can PM her

or you might want to double check that the address you are sending to is correct, as the one on the main site is the same as the one in her profile, and I can't see how it would not be working unless her domain has had some sort of failure with its mail server.
(out of curiosity, what error are you getting?)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

shadowterm

I wasn't aware of a contest. But if you look at her user page by clicking on the all user list at the main forum page, it should have her IM Usernames and such. Just a thought, you might want to be more careful with your spelling when you finally do contact her.
/)//w//(\

Zina

Wait. Wait. Let me see if I understand.
You clicked on the link on the site that said "Forum". You set up an account. You figured out how to post a new topic and reply. You can read, obviously. You could see all the little subforums, with descriptions underneath about what the subforums are for.
And you still made a topic asking what this place is?
Wow.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Zina on July 24, 2008, 02:50:08 AM
Wait. Wait. Let me see if I understand.
You clicked on the link on the site that said "Forum". You set up an account. You figured out how to post a new topic and reply. You can read, obviously. You could see all the little subforums, with descriptions underneath about what the subforums are for.
And you still made a topic asking what this place is?
Wow.

I just asked sicne the site i got this link from didnt like they go toghter......allso on the other matter i keep getting e-mail dosnt extise...and im talkign about some small cute contest she has on her site

Nekoboy

Quote from: shadowterm on July 24, 2008, 01:44:03 AM
I wasn't aware of a contest. But if you look at her user page by clicking on the all user list at the main forum page, it should have her IM Usernames and such. Just a thought, you might want to be more careful with your spelling when you finally do contact her.

ok im just typeing fast so sorry about spelling anyway if noone knwos what im talking about i ment thsi thing....

http://www.mabsland.com/NABBA.html

soem reason i cant contact her with e-mail i keep getting werid e-mail messages...

Darkmoon

This is a shared forum, belonging to (at this point) DMFA and Mab's Land, the Inverted Castlevania Dungeon, CVRPG, and DSWC, and to the webcomic Last Resort.

As such, not all thematic elements will match just one site.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Nekoboy on July 24, 2008, 04:51:39 AM
ok im just typeing fast so sorry about spelling anyway if noone knwos what im talking about i ment thsi thing....

I'm also typing fast. This isn't a contest, nor a chatroom. We're not going to miss something if you take another 2 minutes to type your message. Honest.

I really recommend you adjust your spelling, since otherwise it's almost impossible to figure out what you're actually trying to say.

soem reason i cant contact her with e-mail i keep getting werid e-mail messages...

Some idea of what the weird email messages are would be helpful. Certainly I'm not getting any, although I haven't seen a response yet (not that I'd expect one, mind; Amber has a lot on her plate, and doesn't always respond to email promptly. Something about being busy drawing pictures, or something like that...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

She also said something about folks e-mails to her getting 'eaten' lately.  I'm not sure what exactly could be happening there (unless her inbox is full or her spam filter is very aggressive) but it could be connected.  Though when I mailed her I didn't get any strange messages back either, but she said she didn't think she'd seen it. :S  Wonder if maybe something is up there?

Reese Tora

I just thought someone should point out that Mab hasn't updated the NABBA in many years, and she may have abandoned the project. (last one was in, what, 2002? 2004?)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Faerie Alex

Firefox claims that this one was modified on "Thu, Mar 17, 2005 4:41:12 PM." If that's to be believed, the last one was done as late as 2005.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Darkmoon

I don't think it was that recent. I'd be willing to bet she didn't do it later than 2004, and that's pushing it. She didn't most (ie, all) of those while she was in college.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Reese Tora on July 24, 2008, 12:55:58 PM

I just thought someone should point out that Mab hasn't updated the NABBA in many years, and she may have abandoned the project. (last one was in, what, 2002? 2004?)

never knew that thanks for the long over due update lol

Nekoboy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2008, 07:59:02 AM

I'm also typing fast. This isn't a contest, nor a chatroom. We're not going to miss something if you take another 2 minutes to type your message. Honest.

I really recommend you adjust your spelling, since otherwise it's almost impossible to figure out what you're actually trying to say.

Some idea of what the weird email messages are would be helpful. Certainly I'm not getting any, although I haven't seen a response yet (not that I'd expect one, mind; Amber has a lot on her plate, and doesn't always respond to email promptly. Something about being busy drawing pictures, or something like that...)

who said this was a contest? i was just explaning for my spelling.....god...

Darkmoon

Really, you don't need to double post. Just edit your previous one if you hgave more to say.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Nekoboy on July 24, 2008, 03:56:41 PM
who said this was a contest? i was just explaning for my spelling.....god...

Yup. I suggested you were behaving like it might be a speed contest, and further suggested that you might like to slow down somewhat to resolve the spelling issue.

Knowing why you're misspelling doesn't make it any easier to decipher your sentences when a 21 word sentence has at least 13 errors in it. You're not really doing yourself any favours, here.

Darkmoon

Seriously, the best thing you could do is get Firefox 3 with its built-in spellcheck, and actually pay attention when it says you've spelled something wrong. It's what I do.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 24, 2008, 05:34:30 PM
Seriously, the best thing you could do is get Firefox 3 with its built-in spellcheck, and actually pay attention when it says you've spelled something wrong. It's what I do.

I would but my computer is to laggy as it is.....anyway thansk everyone for the suggestions of how to contact her  :mowsmile

llearch n'n'daCorna

Darkmoon

Did it... Hrmm, I've forgotten by this point...

FF3 runs much fast than FF2. If your computer is laggy, it's a good way to fix that.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 24, 2008, 06:32:54 PM
Did it... Hrmm, I've forgotten by this point...

FF3 runs much fast than FF2. If your computer is laggy, it's a good way to fix that.

anyway....i just asked to begin with sicne this form didnt match the main site...thats all i wasnt speed typeing and can spell....wait i take that back i was typeing fast but i can spell....anyway thats besides the point.....i just want to get in contact with the master mind who made the comic :3

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

shadowterm

For someone who blames fast typing, you sure do miss a lot of capitalized I's. It's called shift, and it takes almost no effort, and even less time.
/)//w//(\

Nekoboy

Quote from: shadowterm on July 26, 2008, 02:11:09 AM
For someone who blames fast typing, you sure do miss a lot of capitalized I's. It's called shift, and it takes almost no effort, and even less time.

Look sometiems i dotn care if i dont use caps......the onyl tiem i do is when i rp.....anyway get off my case kk?

Damaris

Actually, this one group of people we do allow others to mock.  People who don't show enough courtesy online to type in an appropriate manner, and yet expect others to try and sift through and translate their post- they deserve whatever they get.

The only exceptions are for people who have legitimate learning disabilities or are in the process of learning english.  So, unless you fall into one of those groups, I'd suggest slowing down and making an effort to type like an educated human being.  Or, be mocked.  Your choice.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber