New Fallout 3 trailer

Started by thegayhare, July 22, 2008, 10:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg9t7uXkLyA

this looks so cool... though I kinda miss the old style fallout rpg

And I'm glad they kept Dogmeat in the game

Janus Whitefurr

*clawhands at the air* Why must awesome be so close and yet so far?

(They banned it in Australia. "Realistic" drug use is their only reason. There is much sad. And annoyance.)
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ramsey

Quote from: thegayhare on July 22, 2008, 10:47:45 PM

this looks so cool... though I kinda miss the old style fallout rpg

Sad as it may be (trust me, I feel it more than most), the turn based RPG is dying. D: I love turn based games, but you don't see them as often as you used to. Not to mention the fact that FPS' are so danged popular right now, it's hardly a surprise they decided to go that route.

Jairus

Quote from: Ramsey on July 26, 2008, 03:43:23 AM
the turn based RPG is dying. D: I love turn based games, but you don't see them as often as you used to. Not to mention the fact that FPS' are so danged popular right now, it's hardly a surprise they decided to go that route.

Wait, RPGs used to be turn based? Wow, I never knew that! Hah, you learn something new every day.

Just kidding. Truth be told, I never got the hang of turn-based RPGs, and universally sucked at them. As for FPS'... it took all of a minute in Resistance: Fall of Man for me to get my butt handed to me. I suck at FPS', so I think I'm gonna end up skipping Fallout 3, unfortunately.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Yugo

Well, you could still use the VATS all the time instead of aiming manually. It'd work a lot better for you if you aren't any good at FPS games.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

ShadesFox

This is the point when I curse the fact that all of my machines that can do audio are broken.  *sigh*

I get the feeling that I'm going to miss a lot of the original. Still, I am hopeful.  It looks like they are keeping chunks of the fallout history.  I spent way too much time ferreting out history in the previous two games.

I'm going to miss the charm of turn based, but you have to admit there are some big limitations on turn based combat.  Like how you can walk into town, shoot a guy, then make yourself a sandwich as everyone runs around and you are stuck until your turn.  Still, if all of those vehicles are nice and explodable I'll be happy.  It always made me sad how all of the people were killable, but vehicles and buildings were not explodable.
The All Purpose Fox