Which species from dmfa would you like to be?

Started by silentassassin, July 22, 2008, 12:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 02, 2008, 08:52:32 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 02, 2008, 08:39:25 PM
Boxy, I think that there are enough annoying people on the forums as it is (he says without a trace of irony), so we don't need to encourage it.

*snerk* You have a point.

Agreed, besides what kind of jerk would give that sort of bad advice, and what kind of dolt would take it?

Gamma

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on August 03, 2008, 12:11:27 AM
Agreed, besides what kind of jerk would give that sort of bad advice, and what kind of dolt would take it?
You have no idea the levels of dumb that inhabit this planet.

But I do agree we must :noobrape
Or something to that effect. Here have waffle, wouldn't you be happier if you did?
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Slowtini

Quote from: Alterationartist on July 31, 2008, 02:55:51 PM"However due to their egos, most of them have a weakness against games and riddles." - You know me all too well!

Based on what you just said, I would probably be some sort of Dragon.

Oh how I do love riddles.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Your questions answer themselves, really. ;-]

Damaris

*shrugs* Maybe someone that forgot about the whole double-posting rule a page or so back?

:zombiekun2

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Tafreer

Quote from: Jairus on July 22, 2008, 01:42:36 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden on July 22, 2008, 01:41:33 AMive never had a clue what i am, picking one of the DMFA races is something i couldn't do unless i picked from a hat or asked someone else what i was.

You're a deer. In a strobe room...

Actually, that is who I would choose to be.  Does that make me a bad person?

Jairus

Quote from: Keijiei on August 20, 2008, 12:48:30 AM
Quote from: Jairus on July 22, 2008, 01:42:36 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden on July 22, 2008, 01:41:33 AMive never had a clue what i am, picking one of the DMFA races is something i couldn't do unless i picked from a hat or asked someone else what i was.

You're a deer. In a strobe room...

Actually, that is who I would choose to be.  Does that make me a bad person?

Not at all. It was just a joke on my part based on his Position. Nothing wrong with you being a deer... just never look directly into headlights or other bright lights. You'll live longer.

Still a (Cubi) Kangaroo Rat here, though.

Oh, and incidentally, nice to meet you.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

RobbieThe1st

Well, personally, I like the idea of being a Human-'Cubi. Why? Well, for one thing, you get shape-shifting capabilities and wings, which means that you can hide them, which would be useful to prevent people knowing you are a 'Cubi, as well as have a much easier time keeping them clean(I mean, feathers can't be easy to clean, and would probably get knocked out fairly often if you weren't careful).

Now, obviously, a Human-'Cubi would be able to take any form, but in base(human) form, the Human would have a much easier time swimming than a furry of the same size(I would imagine that once fur gets soaked, it would become a horrible drag), and flying would always be a plus.

Eating wise, as it is explained in the comic, a 'Cubi *can* eat, and younger ones do, but don't have to, which I would imagine a definite plus.

I would also imagine having a few extra tentacles morphable into extra limbs would be useful(extra hands for holding things, reaching up and using them to pull you up into trees or other hard to climb structures, and using them to cut things, just to name a few) - Yes, I realize that it would take extra concentration to do multiple things with the extra limbs, but for simple tasks like holding things, it wouldn't take much.

Passive mind reading would be definately handy, and active mind-reading would be something good to learn about, even if just to learn how to block other people from doing it to you. Dream-surfing would probably be fun, so that's a plus.

Now, sure, a 2000 year lifespan(without eating souls) might seem short, but its pretty long, realistically. Obviously, one might be able to figure a way of cheating and getting extra energy without eating souls(See: Tapewolf), which would increase that(Personally, I like the idea of being able to absorb 120V, 60-cycle electricity without having to use some special machine to convert it into another form, like Tapewolf figured).

I don't think I have forgotten anything; At midnight, my mind sort of wanders.
-----------------------
Related:
In the DMFA universe, I think a good occupation for a nicer 'Cubi would be as an Adventurer, like Dan - You run across all sorts of magic, travel and such, and people probably are going to be less likely to realize you are a 'Cubi as an Adventurer. Plus, if you do, you will have some training in the field, from your experience as an Adventurer

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

ShiningShadow

I will be a male version of Lorenda a Demon Cow! OHHHHHHHHHH sharp hooves  :kruger

Lego3400

Fae. From what Rose said and the fact that nutmeg disguised herself as her husband, it seems they can shape shift as well, (Though they may not be able to hide their wings and and antenna seeing as Azlan has to use a patch.) and are immortal. The butterfly wings and antenna are the only downside

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 22, 2008, 02:24:36 PM
Fae. From what Rose said and the fact that nutmeg disguised herself as her husband, it seems they can shape shift as well, (Though they may not be able to hide their wings and and antenna seeing as Azlan has to use a patch.) and are immortal. The butterfly wings and antenna are the only downside

The whole not-having-a-proper-soul thing would be a bit of a dealbreaker for me...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2008, 02:45:56 PM
Quote from: Lego3400 on August 22, 2008, 02:24:36 PM

The whole not-having-a-proper-soul thing would be a bit of a dealbreaker for me...

Which is personally why I'd only be a being, screw being special.

skurvy

A fae, but a fae whose default form is a lamprey.

Kipiru

Dragon! Definitely a Dragon. Take Pyroduck for instance- not a care in the world. That's got to be good!

Sunblink

Quoted For Truth again. Plus I'm not too much of a fan of the Fae in general, even if they have some great story-related opportunities. I just hate how they use Furrae as their personal playground (at least, that's how I interpreted what Rose said when she said "Dragons and Fae are only there (in Furrae) because breaking it won't ruin the big picture") and their general invulnerability. Which is a good thing if you are a Fae, but my inner RPer twitches and shrivels up like an over-dried raisin at the idea.

And I don't think I can handle the immortality.

Turnsky

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 24, 2008, 07:22:54 AM

Quoted For Truth again. Plus I'm not too much of a fan of the Fae in general, even if they have some great story-related opportunities. I just hate how they use Furrae as their personal playground (at least, that's how I interpreted what Rose said when she said "Dragons and Fae are only there (in Furrae) because breaking it won't ruin the big picture") and their general invulnerability. Which is a good thing if you are a Fae, but my inner RPer twitches and shrivels up like an over-dried raisin at the idea.

And I don't think I can handle the immortality.

i just get this picture of Fae playing 8-ball with worlds, now.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Sunblink

Quote from: Turnsky on August 24, 2008, 07:27:45 AM
i just get this picture of Fae playing 8-ball with worlds, now.  >:3

I lawled at this. Am I a bad person? :B

I love pool, anyway, even if I suck at it. I wouldn't mind seeing pool balls painted like planets. Would that still work?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nikki

...We all should know my reply.

WolfCatDragonVelociraptorFox.

or Red Panda. maybe fae.

Or just plain kick-arse Raptor. (AKA Dromaeosaur. I'm iffy on the species.)

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Lego3400

They have souls, it's just that they recycle the same so many souls. <.<

mopman

For me it must be Dragon

I have loved the concept of Dragons since I was very small I even remember disliking the knights in the old stories because they would kill the Dragons.

Favorite movie dragon Draco from Dragonheart ( voiced by Sean Connery )
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on September 10, 2008, 10:33:58 PM
They have souls, it's just that they recycle the same so many souls. <.<

Actually, Amber has mentioned that Fae souls don't work the same way as other race's souls.  (See here if you're interested).  In fact, I seem to recall her saying that some races don't even consider them to be alive (in the conventional sense) though I'm not sure I have a reference for that one.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lego3400

The alive thing was actually stated in the comic. Either Mab or Rose said it.

Lorien

Hopefully this isn't too cheesy, but I'd like to be either a snow leopard angel, or a dragon with a (feathered) winged snow leopard alternate form.  Unless I doodle up something wildly different.  It just sounds nice and fluffy, dontcha think?

Ghostwish

The character that I would be is involved in the Sweeping Darkness RP. ;)

(Snow leopard incubus, for those so lazily inclined.)

Sunblink

Quote from: Ghostwish on September 15, 2008, 02:48:29 AM

Howzabout a Snow Leopard Angel? :3

lol art pimpin

Ghostwish

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 15, 2008, 06:06:07 AM
Quote from: Ghostwish on September 15, 2008, 02:48:29 AM

Howzabout a Snow Leopard Angel? :3

lol art pimpin

Ooooo, not bad! Not bad at all! Sadly, I shant be stealing it. It doesn't look like my wee little kitty. Still a very nice piccy though!

Rakala

All I know is I would have wings.... and I would find a jet engine.

Dracora