Soul Calibur IV

Started by Mao, July 21, 2008, 09:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Mowser on July 21, 2008, 11:54:58 AM
Quote from: VSMIT on July 21, 2008, 11:29:14 AM
Maybe there's an alternate costume so that Vader is Anakin?

It's quite likely given that SC games tend to have at least one alternate costume per character.

Alt costume Vader lol

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Mao

You're doing it wrong. ;-)

Don

...Right, well I guess the saying real men wear pink can be used here..that or the person in that costume is crazy..

Cogidubnus

So, Mitsurugi. Nerfed, still playable, etc?

Mao

I can still rock the house with him.  He seems a slight bit slower, which balances out that fact that he was insane fast and hit fairly hard before.  He was the only character in SCIII that gave me more trouble than Abyss.  Now, he's not so bad.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

I wonder if they'll make a "Hello Vader! Adventure Island".

Sunblink

Quote from: Mowser on July 31, 2008, 03:22:42 PM

You are my new hero. :U

I'm probably going to be the only one who gets that reference, though...

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Jairus

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 31, 2008, 09:56:23 PM
Quote from: Mowser on July 31, 2008, 03:22:42 PM

You are my new hero. :U

I'm probably going to be the only one who gets that reference, though...

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Probably. Would you care to further explain.

Incidentally, I prefer him cape-less for some reason.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Sunblink

Quote from: Jairus on July 31, 2008, 09:58:34 PM
Probably. Would you care to further explain.

Incidentally, I prefer him cape-less for some reason.

It's not nearly as funny when you have to explain it, but here you go. There was an episode from South Park called "Make Love, Not Warcraft," in which all of the characters were addicted to World of Warcraft. A memorable quote in the episode was:

Butters: I don't play World of Warcraft.
Cartman: Butters, you said you're on your computer all the time.
Butters: Yeah, but I'm playing "Hello Kitty Island Adventure."
*HORRIFIED SILENCE*
Cartman: ...Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you.
Butters: Oh. Alright then.

It was much funnier in context, really. I recommend watching the episode sometime.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Jairus

Ah, I remember that episode! I only caught a little bit of it though, and I only saw it once anyway. Okay, thanks for explaining that.

Esnel Pla

Wow, this game series has really become all about tits, huh?

I'll stick to my Link camel toe, thank you very much.

Mao

Yes, it does seem that they went a little overboard on that.  Many of them are large in that department, and seemingly no system for restraining them has been invented.  Let's not get into the sheer difficulty of fighting while having those things flying free either.  However... some level of suspension of disbelief is needed here as there are many more crazy things going on in this game.  Though to me, it's just a mass grab at the attention of the male gamer and a fan servicey one at that.

Jairus

Quote from: Mowser on August 01, 2008, 06:18:01 AM
Yes, it does seem that they went a little overboard on that.  Many of them are large in that department, and seemingly no system for restraining them has been invented.  Let's not get into the sheer difficulty of fighting while having those things flying free either.  However... some level of suspension of disbelief is needed here as there are many more crazy things going on in this game.  Though to me, it's just a mass grab at the attention of the male gamer and a fan servicey one at that.

Wait... people look at those things? I'm more concerned about the sword-wielding opponent who's trying to kill me. Seriously, I just don't notice them: there are slightly more important things to watch.

Sunblink

Considering you can now adjust the breast size/"physique" of your created characters, I think they might have overdone the boobs just a tad.

But I still love this game.

Speaking of Character Creation, I have some pictures of my character right here because I borrowed the digital camera for a bit. Some of them are pretty awful, but I'm not a photographer. Anyway, this Soulcalibur character was made based off of my character, Keaton. Granted, Keaton usually has a mace in RPs and such, but I made her use Seong Mi-Na's weapon in SCIV. She also doesn't wear a jester's hat, but I added it for the stats increase.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7
Picture 8
Picture 9
Picture 10

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Paladin Sheppard

OMG Keats thats freaking awesome!! Hmm maybe I'll have to look into getting this I'm not much of a fighter game fan but just to be able to make your own character seems like it would be fun.

Mao

I've got a Character as well.  He uses Kilik's style. :D

Anyways, I'm on to the 'Honors' now.  I've yet to be able to pull off a soul crush or a critical finisher, but I'm trying to figure it out.  It seems very difficult to set up the conditions to make it happen, but I look forward to when I finally get it.  It'll make for a nice trophy. :D

Sunblink

Quote from: Mowser on August 03, 2008, 05:47:54 PM
I've got a Character as well.  He uses Kilik's style. :D

Anyways, I'm on to the 'Honors' now.  I've yet to be able to pull off a soul crush or a critical finisher, but I'm trying to figure it out.  It seems very difficult to set up the conditions to make it happen, but I look forward to when I finally get it.  It'll make for a nice trophy. :D

It's actually fairly easy. I use Critical Finishers and Soul Crushes all the time.

You know that spherical gemstone next to your opponent's health bar, and how it changes in color as you attack the opponent when he or she is blocking? Well, if you attack repeatedly when the opponent's gemstone has turned red, it shatters, and the opponent flinches back, surrounded by red sparks. That's a Soul Crush, meaning you have the opportunity to use a Critical Finisher at that moment. However, I sometimes have trouble executing the Critical Finisher because I end up Soul Crushing in the middle of a combo, and therefore miss the cue.

Do you use the Xbox 360 or the PS3 version of Soulcalibur? Because the controls differ depending on the system. They should have instructions on how to use a Critical Finisher in the Battle Tutorials or move lists.

:tmyk

I've been waiting all my life to use that icon.

Also, folks, I'm on Xbox 360 Live now, so challenge me if you're interested. I'm KeatonJackal there. >:3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Mao

PS3 sadly otherwise I'd go a round or two with you. :)  I've not had a situation where they flinch back and red sparks appear while they're blocking, but I've been watching for it.  I've had their gems turn red and their health bar flash red.. but no sparks etc.  Ah well, I'll get it eventually.